UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tooting My Own Horn

Mystery Man

I almost didn't post this, but I only have a couple of people in face-to-face life that I can share it with... and dang it, I have to brag someplace!

Today I was accepted into Graduate School for Mental Health Psychology! I'll be taking my last undergrad class this Fall and then starting Grad School in Spring of 2012! It must be all my clean living that did it... that and my burning desire for a certain Avengers villain! ;)

I'm really, really excited and wanted to share!

Thanks a bunch, all!

@ Turtle, yes, it will be at ASU. I already have one degree from there and it's been easiest to finish the couple of Undergrad courses needed to move on to Grad School all at one place.

@storm 1:08, AH! In that case, I should have started studying for classes I'm not even enrolled in weeks ago!

@TM2 Dinobot, Yeah, I've already got a list of people who've said "Hey, when you get done you can figure out my problems!"... hah. I'll add whoever wants to be on the list to it. :)

@TM2 Dinobot, Yeah, I've already got a list of people who've said "Hey, when you get done you can figure out my problems!"... hah. I'll add whoever wants to be on the list to it. :)

I would have liked to be on the list, but the voices in my head say I'm okay. Those are the same voices that tell me to keep buying more minimates than I really need. I swear one of them sounds like Chuck...

Congrats, and good luck! I toyed around with the idea of going to grad school in clinical psych., but after working at a psych. treatment hospital for awhile I decided against it. I still do psychology-related research, though through the framework of political science. Please keep us updated on your progress. Specifically, I would be interested to see what type of research you end up pursuing.

Edited by karamazov80

Congrats bud! Both my in-laws are Masters in Psych and council teens mostly. Psych was never my strong point in University, but it was definitely not boring.

Thanks a heap again, fellas! I'm really excited!

I've been having to take a College Algebra class as a pre-requisite to the last undergraduate psych class I'll have to take. My 1st degree required a "D" or better and that's just what I got. This 2nd degree needs a "C" or better. I've been taking the summer school class and have gotten A's on all three tests so far, which is more amazing than I can put into words. I'm HORRIBLE at math, so it's a really great feeling to get to kick arithmetic around instead of it kicking me around. :)

As far as research, I don't quite know what I want to do just yet. I've heard that this isn't strange for someone just starting out. My first degree (BA in Music) has had several teachers at school suggest I do something with music therapy. I'll have to look into it, but I think they're more excited about me doing it than I am. I'll have to wait and see how it is.