UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Not a good day was it?

I came here expecting a snarky comment from you regarding the Minimates panel at SDCC being not very exciting....but instead got a very sobering news post. :sad:

I agree about Winehouse's death being predictable, and I just hope that her family and friends truly feel that they did everything possible to prevent this outcome, provided the cause of death is what we all expect it to be.

I don't even have any comments about the Oslo tragedy.

It really bums me out to hear this. After getting through the waves of fun-making comments in regards to her looks/habits, I finally listened to her album "Back to Black" and thought it was phenomenal. I was really looking forward to hearing something from her after she cleaned up. As always, relapse is a bitch.

The irony is that I just managed to get a hold of Back To Black this week, but didn't get to play it in full until after I heard she died. Too tragic timing.

Say what you will about her, but Amy Winehouse was a damn talented lady. And now the 27 Club has a new member. Rest in Peace, madam.

My thoughts are with the people of Norway. As for Amy Winehouse she was an accident waiting to happen. I have no sympathy for her, her family yes but if its drugs that killed her its her own fault in this day and age.

We live in an age of information not like years ago for like Joplin or Hendrix. I would guess it would have been harder for them to actually find out the actual real side effects of anything they where taking back then.

Now its all there with the click of a few buttons.

I will admit I'm 40 have taken some drugs in my time (weed, speed, coke). Not anymore as I have just typed I was able to find out the effects and actually see the reality of what actually happens from others and realised this is not what I want. That was over 20 years ago before the internet information boom so I just think anyone doing something to excess be it drugs or alcohol or whatever and then saying something like "I didn't think it would do me any harm" needs a good slap.

Ranting over.

I generally come here to escape real-life & maybe I shouldn't have posted my comments to remind everybody what a sad ol' place the world can be.

Minifiend's comments mirror my own but although I accept that alcohol is a drug, it is the only one that I have ever knowingly taken . I'll also accept that the only times in my life that I've caused myself any real trouble is when I've been drunk & I'm not proud of that. What I have seen in my life is any number of my friends & colleagues descend into a bottomless pit through the stuff they sniff,smoke & inject ,some people seem to manage crawl out of this pit most don't. Drinking may not be my friend but at least I can enjoy his company when I want to .

This Norwegian 'gunman' who was caught at the scene revelling in his actions should be minced & fed to rats.

My sincerest and deepest sympathies go to the families of Norway. I don't know what happens in the minds of religious extremists to push them so far. It's always heartbreaking to see what should be a system of support and comfort for people be used as an excuse for murder.

Amy Winehouse is a tragedy. It's such a shame that she just could not get it together. She was a very talented girl. I've seen the effects of Ice/Drug addiction first hand. It's not pretty. It is a real sickness of the mind. I have seen some truly beautiful, talented people in my life lose almost everything they have to addiction. It's very sad that Amy Did lose everything to it.

R.I.P.

To Better Times...

amy-winehouse-before2.jpg

Tragedy is...well, tragic. I hate to hear about children dieing because of someone elses blind hatred of some pidgeon hole they happen to fall into.