#41 maxcarnage

maxcarnage

going sane in a crazy world

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (the punisher=D @ Sep 10 2007, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i also have the trigun set, thats the only kubricks i have, i really like hoe theres so many different properties, they even have universal monsters

that and the detailed accessories are the really cool thing about kubricks.

I am a leaf on the wind
Now see how I soar!

#42 Reideen1313

Reideen1313

and then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,268 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE (viper12383 @ Sep 13 2007, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are kubricks the same scale as minimates?

Kubricks are slightly larger.
Attached File  kubrick_vs_mate.jpg   833.99K   40 downloads

#43 Shanester

Shanester

Jerkface

• Root Admin
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 07:39 AM

This is a tough one to find, but there have been a few on Ebay lately. There are also other versions and a female Panzer Cop.

Growing old is inevitable… growing up is optional.

#44 Cappy

Cappy

Mini-Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (Reideen1313 @ Sep 13 2007, 06:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (viper12383 @ Sep 13 2007, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are kubricks the same scale as minimates?

Kubricks are slightly larger.
Attached File  kubrick_vs_mate.jpg   833.99K   40 downloads

But many of their accessories fit MiniMates just fine! (Maybe a tad largish, but really a decent match in the world of block figures)
You were too busy buying stuff to get anything for free. -- bhm

#45 Reideen1313

Reideen1313

and then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,268 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:48 PM

Found the Halo 3 boxed set of Kubricks the other day at Gamestop. $19.99 for 4 of 'em - red, blue, green and clear - I'm assuming that's 'stealth mode' or something. I left 'em there. Hopefully someone who would appreciate them was able to pick it up and not some scalper trashbag.

(<--- not an xboxer - I'm a ps2 man myself.)

#46 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (Reideen1313 @ Sep 19 2007, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Found the Halo 3 boxed set of Kubricks the other day at Gamestop. $19.99 for 4 of 'em - red, blue, green and clear - I'm assuming that's 'stealth mode' or something. I left 'em there. Hopefully someone who would appreciate them was able to pick it up and not some scalper trashbag.

If you see a boxed set of these with 1 of the 4 items black ,pick it up ,trust me, pick it up!

Completism sometimes requires a little legwork rolleyes.gif

#47 Deadpool

Deadpool

Chimichanga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (buttheadsmate @ Sep 19 2007, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you see a boxed set of these with 1 of the 4 items black ,pick it up ,trust me, pick it up!

Why?
Life is good

#48 TBT!

TBT!

"And don't insult the Smurfs."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Sep 19 2007, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why?

Cos they are very rare.... They did a very limited amount of them... and they will sell for silly money.

I suspect that even the regular pack that Reideen saw will creep up in price soon!

T.

To be fair, Peter Dinklage is much bigger than a raccoon.

#49 Deadpool

Deadpool

Chimichanga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (TBT! @ Sep 20 2007, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why?

Cos they are very rare.... They did a very limited amount of them... and they will sell for silly money.

I suspect that even the regular pack that Reideen saw will creep up in price soon!

T.

How silly exactly? My friend bought one.
Life is good

#50 TBT!

TBT!

"And don't insult the Smurfs."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Sep 20 2007, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (TBT! @ Sep 20 2007, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why?

T.

How silly exactly? My friend bought one.

Go look on ebay, prices aren't that high now as I think shops are still stocking them but limited edition kubricks tend to get expensive on the second hand market.

T.

To be fair, Peter Dinklage is much bigger than a raccoon.

#51 gambitron

gambitron

Hoping there are still sandwiches in the future!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:57 PM

Hey I would love to know if anyone here knows where a good and resonable place to get kubricks is. They obviously are no where near as cool as minimates but I have a Gambit kubrick and some Tron kubrick and I would die to get an iron man but whenever they pop up on ebay they are crazy expensive (I realize this was like series 1 or 2) but there are some cool looking kubricks I would like but I can never find a reasonable price for the size and not so poseability of the product.

#52 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:25 AM

My advice on Kubricks is first of all if you are a completist don't start collecting unless you have deep pockets. Kubricks are generally sold in blind boxes in cases of 24 & contain chase items ,like 'mates these fetch high prices. Secret chases ,which as the name implies aren't even advertised as existing, are included at a ratio of 1:96, these fetch stupid prices. So stick to the common figures & forget the chases & they're quite reasonable & fun. Kubricks are different to 'mates in many ways, I could elaborate but this a Minimates site . For the record I much prefer 'mates but some Kubricks are truly stunning ...check out the HMV exclusive Wolverine Kubrick. As for buying them they are sourced from Japan & I find that Asian ebay suppliers are very reliable & honest. Buy them in sets (often 6) & pay a little extra for the set + chase (7). Go for the secrets at your peril. I'd better stop now ,this is the Minimates Multiverse ,but if anybody wants any help ,ask away !

#53 hypno

hypno

Mini-Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:48 AM

I just saw a regular Halo set (blue, red, green, clear) on ebay with a bid on it priced at $70, which is crazy as I just got the same set in the mail from BBTS the other day and paid $18 for it. I'm thinking the bidder thought that it was the variant set.

The cheeper Kubrick sets to get are those released in conjunction with American companies, the Halo set, Batman set (with Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Scarcrow, Mr. Freeze) and (I'm thinking but could be wrong) the X-Men set and Spawn. I've stuck to these mainly.

#54 Dan

Dan

Mini-Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:42 AM

I saw this Halo set today at my LCS for 18. What a rip off! I'm well annoyed!

#55 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,077 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:02 PM

I have never bought any Kubricks, though the MGS and Muppets figures have attracted my interest now and again. . .but there is one Kubrick-related item that I think I absolutely have to have. It is crazy expensive, but. . .well, I think its one of the most awesome toys that I've seen in a long time:

http://www.hlj.com/product/MED30108

"Get away from her you bitch!"

They definitely need to get the Colonial Marines crew,

"Game over man, game over!"

#56 Dan

Dan

Mini-Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 05:30 AM

I saw that Alien set at a Comic Con last Sat. I was tempted but it was 45 and I didn't actually have that much on me.

It's a nice set though.

#57 maxcarnage

maxcarnage

going sane in a crazy world

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:21 PM

WOW that is sweet! and you know minimates could fit in that, might be a little big but you could so make it work.
by the way if anyone is looking for the block type alien figure I would recomend the mizitz line over the kubrick. it has more detail and looks cooler.

there is also a perpetrator but alas i don't have it

I am a leaf on the wind
Now see how I soar!

#58 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:58 PM

The 'Glow in the Dark' Kubrick version takes some beating !

#59 Dan

Dan

Mini-Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:24 PM

I don't like how they are sold individually, and you have to open them to see whats inside. I much prefer the minimate two packs.

This may be a vague question, but which line is more successful. Minimates or Kubricks?

#60 Shanester

Shanester

Jerkface

• Root Admin
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:07 PM

I like Kubricks, but don't collect but those I really like. I have the Universal Monsters, a complete set of Ultraman, a few Star Wars, a few Disney and a few Muppets. I also have a Kubrick vehicle I use with Minimates.

I'd like to get my hands on the black Halo set, but haven't found a store that carries them here.

Buttheadsmate, any toy talk is acceptable here as long as its in the correct forum. Hell, folks have been ranting on about those craptacular transformers for nearly a year now. dry.gif

Growing old is inevitable… growing up is optional.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users