UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kubrick Talk

TBT!

Well,

With the drought of Minimates lately I have started to diversify into the occasional Kubrick set to feed my block figure addiction.

Today in the post I got a set of 'sex pistols' Kubricks... and they are totally awesome!!!!!!

I know that Kubricks normally look chunky and odd but these are simply stunning...

From the cool Leather jackets to the snarly near perfect facial expressions there are pretty much perfect.

ok so so I took pix....

spk1.JPG

sid.JPG

johnny.JPG

If you aren't biased totally towards minimates go seek a set of these out they rock... ;)

T.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh. Those caught my attention when they first came out (they were certainly hyped enough). Your recommendation will probably push over the purchasing cliff... thanks Timbo. :rolleyes: You're right, they certainly are a step up from the classic Kubrick.

Shanester, was the packing a coffin, or are there little Kubrick-sized coffins in the box?

The figure of Sid came in a small black box that is typical of Kubrick figures, but that box was inside a wooden coffin. The wooden box was heat stamped with the Sex Pistol logo if I remember correctly. I will ask Stephanie if I can borrow it and take a couple photos.

I think I bought it at KidRobot as a special edition. Its been a while and I drink a lot...

I love that Johnny figure. Anybody ever read "No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs"? A good read by the Rotten man himself.

I love that Johnny figure. Anybody ever read "No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs"? A good read by the Rotten man himself.

Johnny's superb. Like Danny says they really got the stare down.

I've read Lydon's book. It's great but you really need to read England's Dreaming by John Savage too. That way you get a more balanced idea of what went on. Much as I love Lydon's book he really didn't invent Punk Rock all by himself. :D

Can someone fill me in on these? I'm not that old yet.

Kubricks or the Pistols? ;)

It was pistols, which after researching and after finding a track I found out who they were. They were slightly just before my time. :P I do like their music.

• 3 weeks later...

i have to have some of those...........where can you get them. great band and a great time in my life.

gimmie gimmie gimmie!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnny and sid look great i have to have them.

i would love AA to do some radiohead mini,s

Is it just me who really dislikes Kubricks? I have a couple and urgh.

For the msot part they do suck but I have some that I really like, for example the Sex pistols,GTA3, blair witch and MGS2 ones.

T.

I have a few Disney (Toy Story & Rocketeer) and some Star Wars. These figures are nicely detailed (in most cases), but are purely for display. They would never hold up as an actual action figure.

They also seem to be hit or miss. Some are nicely made, others are pure shite.

I've got a few Kubricks. Some marvel, a Sandtrooper and the Neon Genesis Evangelion 3 pack. They're nowhere near as cool as minimates even if they were the inspiration. Having said that, I'm still really pissed off that I got sniped for that Apocalypse. He'd have looked damn fine among the X-Men minimates.

Spawn... Meh! Had it's time if you ask me.