UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Marvel 10-pack - Debunked

fwoosheyman

First, is this confirmed as actually happening? If so.....awesome.

Now let the rampart speculation begin. (It's not Moon Knight happy.png). It's gotta have mass appeal and some big names to attract the casual buyer.

Spiderverse: Ehhh not as likely now with Spider-Gwen, Iron Spidey & 2099 in other sets. There's still tons of Spidey variants to do and redo (Spider-Ham, Miles, Scarlett (Ben & Caine), Reily Spiderman, Superior w tentacles, Silk, etc) but does DST want to use up all of them in one shot?

X-Men: Again lots of versions and characters to do but does DST want to use them all up at once? Probably not.

Avengers thru the Ages: It's the summer of the Avengers and people are getting introduced to more Avengers from the movie. Some variants of the big names (Cap, Iron, Hulk, Thor, etc), some redos that are needed (Black Panther, Wasp, classic Falcon) plus a couple new B/C listers (Tigra, Black Knight, etc) and you got yourself a set.

Secret Wars: Pick 10 random versions of Marvel characters and put them all together. Instant boxset.highfive2.gif

Edited by fwoosheyman

I still think it's going to end up being Spider-verse, there are a lot of different variations of the costume you could go to, and also the ones we have seen revealed in two packs are some of the more well known and popular versions, this could be a way to get the really obscure versions of Spider-Man out. Still, it could end up being a box set of the movie 'mates of the Avengers, like the Iron Man set we got a few years ago. I really, really hope not, but it's possible.

I'd love to see Mo--Uh, yeah....

Joking aside, I'd rather get Secret Wars than Spider-Verse. I still want to see Kaine and Noir, but I'd much rather see more 2099 or Ultimate characters. I'll post a wish-list later (because threads without wish lists are worthless, worthless I tell you).

Edited by Kostisfire

Secret wars could be an awesome way to round out previous sets and unfinished teams! There are HEAPS of figures that'd sit nicely with already made minimates.

House of M peeps. AoA Bishop/Storm/Quicksilver/Colossus. Inhumans. Ultimate Wasp/Quicksilver/Etc... Morrisons New X-Men Xorn/White Queen. Planet Hulk Cap.

Hope it's Spider-Verse, this is a one and only chance for a few of those characters to get made, such as Spider-Punk and Spider-UK.

Not so expensive to produce based on current tools and big potential to sell through as it's Spiderman.

There's still plenty of time to jump on the Secret Wars bandwagon later in the year.

Chuck doesn't even want to do a Spidey TTA set because he wants to keep using them as anchors, so I doubt he's going to pack 10 of them together. There's nothing left to make from AoU so it's not a movie box-set either. My money's on Secret Wars, mainly because it's both the most logical conclusion, and it'd fill some holes in our collections. Plus, you could add a couple of easy remakes of A-Listers alongside some long requested B, C-Listers and call it a day. Based on what I've seen from Marvel's titles, I could see something like this:

1)Magik-Inferno: Marvel seems to be pushing her, as she's one of the few mutants that appear in their otherwise Avengers dominated games, so I could see Illyana claiming a spot. Plus, she appears as the protagonist in Inferno, and while she wears her older costume in there, I could see DST just making the current costume due to the fact that it's just better and newer.

2)Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider-Ghost Racers: Fairly easy to make, as we have countless of fire pieces right now and the rest of his costume is pretty basic. GR's a fairly "popular" B-Lister, so I could see it hapenning.

3)AoA Kitty Pryde-Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde: It'd fill a hole in our AoA collections and Kitty's a fairly popular (amongst fans anyway) X-Man.

4)Spider-Woman-AForce: Jess could use an update in her old costume, or we could just get her new one. Either way, it makes sense with all of the press she's got the past few months.

5)Rocket-Guardians of Knowhere: Howard got an actual figure, so there's no excuse for Rocket not get one. Plus, the 'Coon has become quite the trendy hero, soI could see him appearing in there.

6)Spider-Man Noir-SpiderVerse: Spidey variation, cool design, easy to do with already existing parts.

7)Kaine Scarlet Spider-Spider Island: Spidey variation, easy to make as it's just a red mate with a bit of black.

8)Ultimate Thor-Thors: Meh, just another Thor to help move the set. Ultimate is visually interesting though, so I could see him being in there.

9)Loki-Loki: Loki's quite popular nowadays and his costume is pretty good, so why not? He could both help move sets and is an interesting design.

10)Punisher-Punisher: Frank's a sure B lister (mainly B-) so I could see him working.

There are more characters that could be made, but I don't see them adding Elsa Bloodstone or Avengers 2099 in there. They'd probably just add alternate reallities/remakes/new costumes of B-A listers.

PS: I really, REALLY, hope it's not AoU. The movie isn't that good from what I'm hearing and I don't see Drones with just different numbers selling that well. If it is AoU though, the only thing that could redeem it would be a Bondage-Men 4-pack.

Something boring like a big Age Of Ultron re release set.

But wouldn't that hurt sales of 62, 63 and all other AoU merchandise?

Could it just be the Movie Avengers?

1-Iron Man

2-Cap

3-Thor

4-Hulk

5-Black Widow

6-Hawkeye

7-Nick Fury (exclusive)

8-Scarlet Witch

9-Quicksilver

10-Vison

Comics wise, we already got Vision and Quicksilver a few months before. Widow and Hawkeye last year, etc... There's really no reason to make them again, by now everyone has probably at least one version. Then again, we got Deadpool playing dress up in 2013 and a semi-accurate DoFP set last year, so you never know. I mean, it's possible, but I think it'd be a dumb move to waste another SDCC set on previously released figures in the same exact costumes for the 3rd or 4th time.

Edited by Kostisfire

Comics wise, we already got Vision and Quicksilver a few months before. Widow and Hawkeye last year, etc... There's really no reason to make them again...

I didn’t say “comic versions of the movie Avengers” I said “movie Avengers”

Not “a new set of 10 characters” but a set EXACTLY like the Iron Man 3 10-pack, a bunch of reissues with minor changes and one new character

Comics wise, we already got Vision and Quicksilver a few months before. Widow and Hawkeye last year, etc... There's really no reason to make them again...

I didn’t say “comic versions of the movie Avengers” I said “movie Avengers”Not “a new set of 10 characters” but a set EXACTLY like the Iron Man 3 10-pack, a bunch of reissues with minor changes and one new character

But wouldn't that hurt the sales of 62, 63, and all the others? The IM pack made sense because most of the armies were pretty old, but all of these would be available at stores by the time SDCC rolls around.

Hopefully it's not a AOU repack set. However, Zach has hinted there is a AOU boxset still to be announced, which should have the Mark 45 armor.

I assumed it would just be a regular boxset since there's really not much else to do from AOU but now I'm not sure.

But wouldn't that hurt the sales of 62, 63, and all the others?

Nope

Wave 62 is out right now, people who want the figures now will buy them now and not wait to see who's in this mystery 10 pack. The movie will have come out and causal fans would have picked up a 2 pack or two before this 10 pack is announced as well

The only Core characters in wave 63 come with either Claw or Hulkbuster (forgot who comes with regular Hulk) OR an army builder so most people will buy them even after the 10 pack is announced

plus the 10 pack isn't about getting the characters, it's about having them in one nice window box (personally I want it to be the 10 avengers just because that would look really nice with the armory set)

I checked the older thread and it's a 5-pack. From Zach:

-2 one-packs, 1 two-pack, 2 four-packs and 1 five-pack

-Two of those are exclusive to other retailers

-No TWD

-There's a Smith set

-One is not a traditional minimate release

-There are two Marvel exclusives

-The two marvel exclusives are kinda related

So yeah, it might be an AoU set after all. Fury, Hill, Ultimate Ultron, Mark 45 and Cho. I'll be extremely dissapointed if that's the case,because no matter how good a movie is, I'm not going to buy 30 figs that I already own from it.

Now, as for the 4-packs, I'm betting there's a Marvel one in there. Zach said that they don't have any plans for characters like Moon Knight or Black Panther this year, so I'd rule out a classic Avengers set. Ideally, it'd be an Uncanny X-Men set with Magik, Emma, Cyclops and Magneto, but I don't think that it is. Which is a shame, since this is a team that can be pretty much "completed" with this 4-pack. Maybe modern comic GotG?

But, thing is, if we get an AoU set, then I don't see it being "kinda" related with anything else.

Edited by Kostisfire

five figures or ten, I wouldn't go too nuts with the speculation. Like the Iron Man set, DST's not going to want to invest in a lot of new parts or tampos, so it will most likely be new-ish versions of previously released characters. An Age of Ultron or Secret Wars set featuring all the big guns in a nice fancy new box makes all the sense in the world. It'll tie into Marvel's big movie or comics push and appeal to casual fans at the con.