UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Marvel 10-pack - Debunked

fwoosheyman

Annihlation era GotG would be pretty easy and would sell pretty well, I think.

Zach said that they didn't do any comic GotG sets last year, so as not to hurt the movie series sales (or Marvel didn't want much comic product, I can't recall), so it is a likely candidate. Hasbro is a doing an Annihilation GotG five pack as well. Now, whether it'd be modern or 2008 I don't know, but I'm leaning towards modern. But Rocket HAS to be a fully poseable minimate now that Howard is getting made.

You know, the more I think I about it, the more likely I find it. You can still have an AoU 4-pack and have the 5-pack be GotG. Maybe drop Groot since movie/animated Groot looks the same, and put these guys in: Star-Lord (movie-esque costume), Gamora (Mass Effect costume), Drax (Space Kratos look), Rocket (Mass Effect costume) and Space-Juggernaut Venom. With Angela, Godkiller and Groot already released and with Carol on her way, we'll have the modern incarnation complete.

Edited by Kostisfire

So according to Zach's old post there is no 10pack. So did plans change or is the report of a 10pack from the presentation wrong❓❓❓

Nope, just a mistake on our part. Zach never said anything about a 10-pack, and the news came from the Speculation Thread for SDCC 2015, not the presentation. Here's the link: http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=13257.You should probably change the title of the thread.

So according to Zach's old post there is no 10pack. So did plans change or is the report of a 10pack from the presentation wrong❓❓❓

Nope, just a mistake on our part. Zach never said anything about a 10-pack, and the news came from the Speculation Thread for SDCC 2015, not the presentation. Here's the link: http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=13257.You should probably change the title of the thread.

A mistake on OUR part, or your part? ;)

Considering that there are 5 2-packs there and we know that both 64 and 65 are comic themed, it's safe to say that we're getting at least one more SW wave. Plus, there's going to be a 10-char set at SDCC, so that might be SW themed as well.

A mistake on OUR part, or your part? ;)

Considering that there are 5 2-packs there and we know that both 64 and 65 are comic themed, it's safe to say that we're getting at least one more SW wave. Plus, there's going to be a 10-char set at SDCC, so that might be SW themed as well.

Alright, alright, put me on the cross, will ya? Just jk, but this is what happens when you have too many speculation threads. We have 3 SDCC 2015 ones as of right now.

As much as I loved the two Alpha Flight sets, I really feel like they have led DST to play it safe in their SDCC box set choices since then. I miss the days of Dark Avengers and Thunderbolts.

Both DA sets and the first T-Bolts 4-pack were superb and, IMHO, no 4-pack has come close to being as good as them. Maybe it's because I was a big fan of the source material, or because they were Grail pieces for a long time for me, but I find them extremely well done.

Yeah, they are most certainly playing it safe nowadays. Wolverine TTA, Deadpool Cosplay, IM Armor Reuse and Days of Spare Parts sure were pretty boring, but I don't blame them. Alpha Flight was a major hit, which is probably why Entertainment Earth still hasn't picked up an exclusive since then. I just hope that this year's different and that we get some new costumes or requested characters. Like, say, a certain Uncanny team of rebels...

Spooky .

post-6182-0-06735500-1430001152_thumb.jp

Dark Avengers and T-Bolts managed to balance the Minimate aesthetic, the sculpted parts and staying true to the source material. Not many box sets have done that.

PS1: This is sooo going to be the new 2spooky4me meme, I'm calling it! Not that anybody cares, but...,

PS2: Sorry for the small, pic, I'm posting from my phone.

The Thunderbolts set might be my favorite release in the history of 'mates.

Ellis T-Bolts was one of the best comics I've read. Norman's speech before he turned into the Goblin again was brilliant! My favourite Minimate release would be probably the two DA sets. Which makes the fact that Are's head got damaged worse...

I was really disappointed that they dropped the detailing from Spider-Man though, the proto pics looked dope.

Edited by Kostisfire

I'd love a bulked up Gargan Venom, Bullseye without a slipcover mask, and maybe a Green Goblin from the end, but I agree these are amazing mates. Can anyone tell me why Robbie has so many piercings on his though? Never saw that in the book. Also just thinking about it we've never got a Doc Samson, this line has a long way to go :)

I'd love a bulked up Gargan Venom, Bullseye without a slipcover mask, and maybe a Green Goblin from the end, but I agree these are amazing mates. Can anyone tell me why Robbie has so many piercings on his though? Never saw that in the book. Also just thinking about it we've never got a Doc Samson, this line has a long way to go :)

I've already made customs of these guys so I, personally, am good. My Bullseye had a misprinted mask so I changed it for a black one with the eye and mouth holes open, which I painted a bit. The head was also a bit damaged but I also replaced it with my DA Hawkeye head.

For Gargan I just repainted an extra bulked up Venom I had and as for the goblin, I missed the BO version a bit. I'll try to post some pics sometime.

As for Robbie, well, he was supposed to have 612 or so spikes, so I figure DST just put some were they were visible. Though I haven't read those T-Bolts issues for a long while.

Edited by Kostisfire

His suit was like an iron maiden, but he never had piercings as far as I could tell. What's up with your damaged MM? Are they just getting shipped poorly? I got a Sam Jackson Fury sent to me once who has a worpped head, is that what the problem is with your Ares?

His suit was like an iron maiden, but he never had piercings as far as I could tell. What's up with your damaged MM? Are they just getting shipped poorly? I got a Sam Jackson Fury sent to me once who has a worpped head, is that what the problem is with your Ares?

Just unlucky I guess. Certain mates have the paint rubbed off after some time, so I constantly have to replace some. It's probably because I keep them in boxes, but I just don't have the room.

As for Ares, the left half of his face has been completely erased. Bullseye had certain parts fade, like his teeth, target and "smile" details.

Come to think of it, my Iron Patriots face was scraped off when I removed his helmet. Lucky for me they're others to replace it with. Keep your most prized/ expensive minimates out, and displayed nicely somewhere on your desk :) All of mine stay in glad containers when they're put away, it always smells wonderful when you open the lid.

Come to think of it, my Iron Patriots face was scraped off when I removed his helmet. Lucky for me they're others to replace it with. Keep your most prized/ expensive minimates out, and displayed nicely somewhere on your desk :) All of mine stay in glad containers when they're put away, it always smells wonderful when you open the lid.

That's what I'm planning to do after I move out for college in a few months.