UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Knight Rider?!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hasselhoff was actually on Big Brother last night, and he arrived in KITT. Yes, I watch Big Brother sometimes :ermm:

Anyway, even though I was sure I'd have zero interest in this, I find that I really want it, so good job DST. Except for releasing this version at TRU, that sucks, but oh well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice. I see the super pursuit mode and the KARR version.. but when do we get regular KITT and Michael Knight?.. out of the 3 versions, the classic version has got to be the one most are wanting first... am I missing something?

packaged pics of these guys are up too!

http://www.artasylum...-showrooms-now/

Nice. I see the super pursuit mode and the KARR version.. but when do we get regular KITT and Michael Knight?.. out of the 3 versions, the classic version has got to be the one most are wanting first... am I missing something?

The regular Michael Knight and KITT will be part of the TRU wave of vehicles. The packaging shots you see on the AA site are the Previews exclusive vehicles.

packaged pics of these guys are up too!

http://www.artasylum...-showrooms-now/

The regular Michael Knight and KITT will be part of the TRU wave of vehicles. The packaging shots you see on the AA site are the Previews exclusive vehicles.

Hope to have the TRU packaging soon, with standard KITT and the Albion ship.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up the SPM KITT and KARR today. Do yourselves a favor and GET THESE! These are without a doubt 2 of the best vehicles to come out of DST since the pirate ship. The detailing on both are phenomenal from the body structure (both), to the popped out air intakes (on SPM KITT), to the popped out bumper & spoiler (SPM KITT), to the tinted windshields (KARR) and the lavishly detailed computer dash boards (both). I can't recall offhand if any other MM vehicles had rubber tires, but these two sure do and it totally adds depth to these cars. Another bonus is the space for the minimates. Unlike the BTTF mini time machines, you can easily place and pose a minimate behind the wheel (or in the passenger seat) with little effort. Unlike my Marty McFly minimate, Michael Knight can wear his feet when driving.

Speaking of Michael Knight, DST delivers yet again. The minimate renditions of the Hoff as Michael and Garth Knight are greatly executed. The hairpiece for Michael is new and captures the Hoff's 80's coiff nicely. Garth on the other hand had a bit more of poofy do, so the re-use of El Indio hairpiece works nicely here. Both minimates come each with an accessory. Garth his pimpin' walking stick and Michael his wrist watch communicator. BTW, under Garth chest cap, he's sporting some nicely manscaped chest hair and a gold chain. Very hipster sexy.

All in all these are a great buy. These make me yearn for a General Lee (with Bo & Luke Duke minimates) as well as the A-Team van (with the A-Team minimates). Please oh please DST let one or both of these be one of your surprises for the 10th anniversary of the minimate. Peace!

All in all these are a great buy. These make me yearn for a General Lee (with Bo & Luke Duke minimates) as well as the A-Team van (with the A-Team minimates). Please oh please DST let one or both of these be one of your surprises for the 10th anniversary of the minimate. Peace!

Man Oh Man am I hoping this is the case! I want both of these vehicles soo bad! (am I supposed to check with Dinobot before I write down stuff that I'd like)

Hey MM, I saw that you posted, and was shocked there weren't any pics in the post :blush:. Sorry for assuming that, but we expect so much from you now :thumbsup:

Man Oh Man am I hoping this is the case! I want both of these vehicles soo bad! (am I supposed to check with Dinobot before I write down stuff that I'd like)

Hey MM, I saw that you posted, and was shocked there weren't any pics in the post :blush:. Sorry for assuming that, but we expect so much from you now :thumbsup:

guess this other canuck will have to snap some for Portrait of an Addiction tomorrow! and yes these are freakin awesome!!

Sorry guys. I was tearing my house apart looking for my camera chip for the last 2 hours. Finally found it, but it's too late to snap shot of KITT and KARR. Besides I haven't had a chance to put the stickers on. I'm gonna leave the inaugural photo shoot in minijeff's capable hands. Remember to try to get shots of the interior Jeff. Good luck.

MINI_MYTE, is SPM on KITT a permanent thing, or do you get a regular KITT and then are able to flip panels and/or add parts to get to SPM? In other words, can you transform KITT into SPM?

Love the SPM, but prefer regular. But if I could get both in one package, I'm in!

MINI_MYTE, is SPM on KITT a permanent thing, or do you get a regular KITT and then are able to flip panels and/or add parts to get to SPM? In other words, can you transform KITT into SPM?

Love the SPM, but prefer regular. But if I could get both in one package, I'm in!

SPM on KITT is permanent (a different mold than regular KITT and KARR). The air intakes, popped out bumper and spoiler are all molded on the body. Had they been transformable features, that would have been very cool indeed. Now I'm jonesing for a regular TRU KITT, but there seems to be some confusion regarding it's release date. Zach? Care to shed some light on what you touched upon on FB?

I'd without doubt get A-Team Minimates.

Infact i'd go as far as saying I prefer the A-Team over Knight Rider, Ghostbusters & Dukes of Hazzard, but thats just me :tongue:

SPM on KITT is permanent (a different mold than regular KITT and KARR). The air intakes, popped out bumper and spoiler are all molded on the body. Had they been transformable features, that would have been very cool indeed. Now I'm jonesing for a regular TRU KITT, but there seems to be some confusion regarding it's release date. Zach? Care to shed some light on what you touched upon on FB?

Yes, some of the details on SPM mode would have been too small to make transformable on such a small car, so we made two different versions. Transforming would have been cool.

Yes, there was some confusion on my part. I've been promoting the TRU assortment assuming it would hit around the same time, and that the disparity between the two assortments in the LAST wave had been resolved. But this time, the TRU wave will be the one that comes out much later, by TRU's own preference. So the basic KITT won't be out until May (along with the Albion ship). I know, I know -- SPM KITT and KARR before Basic KITT? Insanity! But it was a last-minute change that I did not inquire about, and I apologize. If you can't wait that long, buy the SPM KITT, because it's awesome. Then go to TRU and buy the Hover DeLorean, the Ranger ship and another Stealth Jet. All awesome.

And in case anyone is still confused, the APC got bumped to Wave 4, so Albion and KITT are the only vehicles in TRU 3. Not sure of Wave 4 dates at this point.