UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Knight Rider?!

I just opened my KITT from my Spidey order from Luke and I noticed something was a little funny with good ole Michael Knight , I've had bad luck with minimates lately:

41e5b64c.jpg

Edited by Zylek

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

I just opened KITT and in nomal fashion, unassembled the car to apply the stickers, only to find that the stickers wouldn't adhere to the plastic used for the dashboard, they just floated on it like it was oily, but I checked and it was dry. Had to use some "ship-in-a-bottle" contortionist skills that I didn't know I had to place a drop of super glue with one hand, while quickly positioning the decal with a pair of tweezers, while balancing a flashlight on my shoulder.

I had a blast doing it too! :)

This KITT is the best of the 3, the additional molded/painted interior details are nice, Michael has a subtle smirk, and I need to compare against SPM KITT Michael, but the hair piece looks like it might be better detailed.

So other than the one Pirate ship that is coming, and the possible Enterprise, is this the last hurrah for the vehicle line? Nothing else has been teased/announced that I know of...

I just opened KITT and in nomal fashion, unassembled the car to apply the stickers, only to find that the stickers wouldn't adhere to the plastic used for the dashboard, they just floated on it like it was oily, but I checked and it was dry. Had to use some "ship-in-a-bottle" contortionist skills that I didn't know I had to place a drop of super glue with one hand, while quickly positioning the decal with a pair of tweezers, while balancing a flashlight on my shoulder.

I had a blast doing it too! :)

You were able to get it apart!? Once I realized the nose of the car seemed to be holding the two halves together, I went straight to the working with toothpicks method :) Maybe you had some mold release residue still on your dash, the stickers on mine stuck well without glue.

Pics please! :biggrin:

Here's some pics I took of my KITT: http://thetoyverse.com/?p=6746

Edited by Shogi

Huh, mine must have had some excess glue or something, I pried till I felt it was no longer safe to pry and it held fast. The sides under the doors were also pretty stuck but they finally popped loose.