UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy R US Wave 10 revealed

lastweaponmaster

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my shipment from TRU yesterday, and surprised myself by being kind of "meh" on these.

I'm not sure if it was the longer-than-we're-used-to delay between pics and release, the character lineup, or the hassle and haranguing of getting these from TRU.com because of still-spotty distribution at retail, but I just wasn't that excited once I had these in hand. Nemesis is obviously a standout, but even Omega Red, who I really wanted, was kind of a letdown. He was kind of weird and clunky with his big ol' chest cap thing on. Sabertooth felt ill-assembed with the chest cap and height extender (I didn't think he was supposed to be in the same "scale" as jumbo guys like Hulk and Juggernaut...). Morph and Blink were okay I guess. Maybe I'm just not that into AOA.

For just a moment, I got that "scraping the bottom of the barrel" feeling about Marvel mates. I know there are still a lot of fun core characters that haven't been done, but this go-around just didn't light the fire for me.

Anywho, just my two cents.

Sabertooth felt ill-assembed with the chest cap and height extender (I didn't think he was supposed to be in the same "scale" as jumbo guys like Hulk and Juggernaut...).

Based on the figure I have and the photos in this thread, I think most if not all of the chest caps for Sabretooth are stretched out, like they were warped being pulled out of the mold, so they don't fit snug at all. Of course since my Sabretooth came with two left hands and Wolverine's head a loose chest cap was the least of his problems.

Also, if you look back at the picture on the first page of the thread, it looks like Sabretooth and Omega Red didn't have the height extenders. I think they both look better this way.

woohoo! i went into tru today with the item#, expecting them to tell me they had no idea when they'd be getting them... the chick looked them up and said 'we have 12 packs on the floor'... i really thought she was mistaken cuz i just went in there yesterday! i really love all the AoA mates, but i agree they shoulda given Sabes some real boots. the height extenders don't bother me at all, though, cuz Sabes IS a larger character... it's funny to me that people are complaining about these, because since almost the beginning, we've wanted them to be able to make taller mates like the DC ones... and now that we're getting them, people are bitching.

I got my shipment from TRU yesterday, and surprised myself by being kind of "meh" on these.

I'm not sure if it was the longer-than-we're-used-to delay between pics and release, the character lineup, or the hassle and haranguing of getting these from TRU.com because of still-spotty distribution at retail, but I just wasn't that excited once I had these in hand. Nemesis is obviously a standout, but even Omega Red, who I really wanted, was kind of a letdown. He was kind of weird and clunky with his big ol' chest cap thing on. Sabertooth felt ill-assembed with the chest cap and height extender (I didn't think he was supposed to be in the same "scale" as jumbo guys like Hulk and Juggernaut...). Morph and Blink were okay I guess. Maybe I'm just not that into AOA.

For just a moment, I got that "scraping the bottom of the barrel" feeling about Marvel mates. I know there are still a lot of fun core characters that haven't been done, but this go-around just didn't light the fire for me.

Anywho, just my two cents.

I don't have these yet and am only getting them for completeness-sake, but you aren't the only one with the "scraping barrel's bottom" feeling. I'm not into AoA, for starters, so that could be part of the reason why I'm so ready for these to be old news so hopefully characters I'm interested in will be released.

That said, the lack of boots/clunky chest pieces thing is a drag too. I hate, hate, hate those torso extenders and don't have a 'mate to date with one still on. Omega Red is the one that I'm looking forward to the very most, but even he looks a little bulky for my tastes. And for all the clammoring over Nemesis, while very cool looking, still borrows several parts from the Hulkbuster Iron Man. Which is fine... it just reminds me of all the other brand new characters we could get using this same tactic: Prowler, Falcon, Blob, etc.

Edited by Mystery Man

maybe this is 10 year old me talking, but i really was hoping to see X-Man. I was obsessed with that book and the spin-off when it came out. I am pretty sure that Nate and Dark Beast are the only two AOA characters that are still getting page time so we could still see him as a minimate.

I am pretty sure that Nate and Dark Beast are the only two AOA characters that are still getting page time so we could still see him as a minimate.

I thought Nate was "dead"...his conciousness spread over the entire planet or some nonsense like that.

I thought Nate was "dead"...his conciousness spread over the entire planet or some nonsense like that.

Yeah, but he pulled himself together recently & fought with Norman Osborne and his Dark X-Men. The most recent "New Mutants" story arc has them being tasked with tracking him down.

i really must say Webheads avatar is almost as distracting as MiniFiend UKs....

....... thats a good thing :wub:

Seconded.

and for another good thing don't forget to click on the RIP link in my sig line