UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

News from SDCC 2010

So the minimate panel should have ended about 15 minutes ago. Hopefully one of our attending forum members will let us know what went down here soon!

Yeah we need some answers! haha And hopefully they announced wave 38!!! FF wave PLEASE!!!

The front page of AFI so far lists....

Thor & Captain America Movie Mates coming.

Daredevil as a Bad Guy

Looking at doing The Real Ghostbusters Animated

Possible Villians down the line in M.A.X.

Man i hope thats not all that they announced...I mean we called all those i was hoping for a wave 38 announcement.. :(:(

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the minimate panel should have ended about 15 minutes ago. Hopefully one of our attending forum members will let us know what went down here soon!

Yeah we need some answers! haha And hopefully they announced wave 38!!! FF wave PLEASE!!!

The front page of AFI so far lists....

Thor & Captain America Movie Mates coming.

Daredevil as a Bad Guy

Looking at doing The Real Ghostbusters Animated

Possible Villians down the line in M.A.X.

Man i hope thats not all that they announced...I mean we called all those i was hoping for a wave 38 announcement.. :(:(

Unfortunately it was. Chuck was pushed to reveal more, but he wouldn't. In fact he mentioned that they haven't even planned the waves past 37.

It was kinda underwhelming. but hey, Chuck seemed like a really cool guy and the line didn't sound like it was going to end anytime soon, so there's that.

So an Entertainment Weekly person at the con was in Hall H for the Marvel panel and he tweeted that a guest stabbed another guest in the face with a pen in an arguement over seating which caused a huge ruckus obviously so either the Marvel panel got delayed or didn't happen.

So an Entertainment Weekly person at the con was in Hall H for the Marvel panel and he tweeted that a guest stabbed another guest in the face with a pen in an arguement over seating which caused a huge ruckus obviously so either the Marvel panel got delayed or didn't happen.

I was there and it was a few hundred feet away from me so I didn't know what happened and saw people standing on their seats looking at something. Apparently, there was someone who was stabbed in the eye/face area with a protractor or pin(?). I did see a guy arrested and taken away by two police officers. That incident delayed all the panels afterward by 30 min since they needed to investigate the crime scene, so I hear. It was mainly a "what the heck is going on?" and "lets get on with the show" type feel around me.

I believe this reporter was the USA today reporter sitting in front of me since the guy next to me was near the incident and the reporter was asking him about the details:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/2010-07-24-co...-stabbing_N.htm

Edited by storm 1:08

Anyone who was at the minimate panel in 2007/2008? and lingered knows the power and intensity of Harry Potter fans...

Seriosuly though, It's kind of sad that this happened, how many years with how many hundreds of thousands of people in full happy nerdyness is going to be tarnished by this guy? :(

T.

Anyone who was at the minimate panel in 2007/2008? and lingered knows the power and intensity of Harry Potter fans...

Seriosuly though, It's kind of sad that this happened, how many years with how many hundreds of thousands of people in full happy nerdyness is going to be tarnished by this guy? :(

T.

I wouldn't blame the guy who attacked with the pen just yet. Seems like he was attacked first. We'll probably know more details after SDCC.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat...c-99180289.html

Wow, TBT, I didn't think you were supposed to make it to SDCC this year :P

I was also witness to one very large and upset Harry Potter fanclub.... I still tremble in me sleep

here is a vid for the comic con counter protesters. http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/07/22/s...baptist-church/

Some excellent signs so I tip my hat to the ppl who counter protested for an an excellent display in non aggression. On this day I bet Gandhi would have smiled down.

Potentially dumb question: So are all these boxsets for sale at SDCC, or preview only? If the latter is the case, when will they become available?

Classic X-Force and 90s X-Men were for sale, as were the We're Ready to Believe You and Ghost Busters 2 sets. Everything else mentioned or shown is future products with varying release dates.