UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Aussie Member Introducing himself

Hello everyone thought I'd introduce myself and tell you all a little about my minimates experiences so far. I just started collecting minimates and have been reading your forums to gather information to help me get a better grasp of the hobby. So far my collection is a few dozen mats strong and I have just under gone the task of collecting the 90's X-men mate's I should be receiving most in the mail over the coming weeks and will only be missing Wolverine in his yellow costume(whom you'd think would be the most ubiquitous of the X-men merch) .

I'm also collecting other Marvel various Ghostbusters mates and am trying to create displays based on each movie. I went through the trouble of tracking down and buy series 1 box set of the busters (paying near $50us for it) only to find my terror dog had two left hind feet <_< . Diamond customer service is yet to get back to me. :rolleyes:. Apart form that the only other frustration(aprt from knocking the little fellas down all the time) is that my Invader torch has very stuck hair. I cannot remove it despite freezing and boiling and prying and pulling.

Id like to ask,can anyone recommend some resources for an Australian to help me alleviate so of the costs and restrictions on getting these little buggers? :biggrin: so far Ive only been able to use Ebay and Luke's Toy store.

Hey DemonPR,

Welcome to the forums,

We have a few Aussie members who will no doubt give you some pointers of good places to look for mates, failing that MMV has a pretty active trade section and I'm sure you'll find people that can help you out.

Sounds like your collection is growing rapidly and that you've been well and truly bitten by the minimate bug.

Diamonds Customer Service has proven to be somewhat erratic some have great luck and others get totally ignored, I'd give it a while then send another email, patience and persistence seems to be pay off though.

A couple of members will no probably be along shortly to give you some random quizzes, something they've sort of made their somewhat quirky welcome tradition

T.

And TBT our resident psychic is very correct: It's time for you T42 MOVIE CHALLENGE!!! That's right, I quote a movie, you name the movie.

"Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"

It's easy. Come on. You can do this.

I'll try get some pics of my humble collection up in the next few days. I may put up a trade topic see if anyone is willing to help.

I know a fair few movie's and quotes from em but I don't know that one. Chances are I've seen the movie but nothings coming to mind. I wont cheat, simply admit defeat.

I know a fair few movie's and quotes from em but I don't know that one. Chances are I've seen the movie but nothings coming to mind. I wont cheat, simply admit defeat.

Greater part of valor.

The movie is The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. Spoken by basically the coolest guy out of the coolest kingdom of Middle Earth: Theoden of Rohan. Part of the Pre Charge Speech at the Pelennor Fields.

Riders of Theoden, shileds shall be shaken, swords shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now, ride now! RIDE! Ride for Ruin and the world's ending! Death! Death! Death! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Well that make sense it's very Lord of the Ringsy. I haven't seen the 3rd one since the cinema.

Now if you had quoted Kurt Russell I woulda been all over that.

Haven't seen it since the cinema huh? Well do yourself a favor and check out the extended edition. Sure it takes up about half a day to watch them all in the extended edition, but it does conver some great plot holes and introduce some good funny scenes.

The thing that made me want to watch it is that it shows what happens to Saruman. :D

Edited by Trekker 42

There is a total ban on the words....blue,sheila,drongo,ocker,streuth,bruce,pucka pies,Maloolaba,Noosa,Hastings St.,crocs, VB ,Fosters,Bundaberg rum,

KB Tooth,Swan Light,Vegemite,poms,septics*,cricket & Manly......until further notice.

G'day :)

*most members here are septic but how many know why ?

Hey demonpr,

Welcome to the Miniverse. I'ma fellow Australian myself. Born in Melbourne, raised in Sydney & currently residing in Canberra.

I've found Lukes Toy Store to be a pretty invaluable asset for building my collection. Luke is a member here and offers pretty competative prices on shipping as well as on the Minimates. http://lukestoystore.com/

My LCS has also just started getting Minimates in. They've still got most of waves 32, 33 & 34 in, so i'm happy to help you get what you need from them too.

Glad to see another Aussie around. Looking forward to your contributions to the 'verse Mate :thumbsup:

So i've been trying to figure out how the want/have tread works. I list what I want to Buy/trade and what I want to Sell/Trade. Is it as simple as that?

Also must you participate in the have portion as my collection hasn't got much fat to trim as of yet.

I think I worked out the Buy/Sell thread but.

If you don't have anything to trade, you should probably put your list in the buy/sell thread, since you presumably want to buy. The want/have thread is for trades, though you may make offers to buy items that people list "for trade" there. There just is no guarantee that the owner will sell. Just shoot them a private message, though. Can't hurt. Good luck!

Edited by karamazov80

Welcome!

Like Shane said, it is an addiction, but beware!! This forum could also addict you to more than just the 'mates. Due to the Machiavellian tactics of some members here, there are other figures I'm driven to collect now, too. :lol:

Welcome!

Like Shane said, it is an addiction, but beware!! This forum could also addict you to more than just the 'mates. Due to the Machiavellian tactics of some members here, there are other figures I'm driven to collect now, too. :lol:

I collect DCUC as well.

post-3612-1275064767_thumb.jpg

Ah, very cool! Have you heard of Medicom Kubricks, and Hot Toys 1/6th scale figures? B)

Seriously though, not a week goes by when I don't consider selling my DCUC collection (currently in a box in the closet). But whenever I see pics like yours, I reconsider. They are really the perfect updates of the Super Powers toys of my youth.

Edited by karamazov80

Hey guys I got a quick question. With Comic Con coming up what will be the best way for me to get my hands on all the exclusives sets here in Australia? And to continue that line of questioning is there a good source for the Toys R Us exclusives live Hulkbuster Iron Man that's coming up?

Hey guys I got a quick question. With Comic Con coming up what will be the best way for me to get my hands on all the exclusives sets here in Australia? And to continue that line of questioning is there a good source for the Toys R Us exclusives live Hulkbuster Iron Man that's coming up?

Best suggestion I have is to put them in your Want/Have lists. Usually we have some VERY good-hearted people around this site who also take requests for exclusives and ship them out to you. If you see a thread like this appear (usually around Comic Con itself) be sure to put your name in the hat.

• 3 weeks later...