UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's a gundam marker? I want one.

Made for the Bandai Gundam mech model kits. They come in a multitude of widths and colors.

a razor point sharpie is basically the same thing, maybe they call them "fine line" sharpies now

They are actually a good bit finer, depending on the size you pick up.

I agree...but does it smear? I tried doing that very same technique to the old Toy Biz Thing and it was a disaster.

Not really. They dry quick and are designed for plastic. If you are careful and wipe any excess off immediately the results are very clear. Since the TRU Thing is painted Orange and not molded in color the marker takes it very well & quickly. I did the exact same thing to my TRU Thing. The lines on the face but not the body bothered me.

what's a gundam marker? I want one.

Made for the Bandai Gundam mech model kits. They come in a multitude of widths and colors.

And where might one find a "gundam marker?"

• 2 weeks later...

I need some suggestions if possible, please. I'm making a shelf to display themed minimates in rows of eight starting with a Spider-Man minimate that sets the theme.

For example, Future Foundation Spider-Man, followed by Fantastic Four Minimates occupying the remaining space. For some, I had to get alittle creative, like Iron Spider-Man followed by Iron Man and mate with armored suits. Saving a space for Superior Spider-Man to start my villains row cuz he's basically Otto and such. So ya guys get my gist?

Which leads me to any suggestions I'd like to hear, I wanna make an X-Men row with X-Men supporting characters. Since I have a Street Fighter row, I pretty much kitbashed a street fighter-esque Peter Parker, I'm guessing there hasn't been a legit X-Men Spidey, so I'd like to make one.

How would I go about this? X-Men belt and call it a day?

Anyone done this yet?

Let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Also: Taking all that into consideration, should I just use House of M Spider-Man?? I kinda consider him an X-Men related character.

Edited by Scythe

I need some suggestions if possible, please. I'm making a shelf to display themed minimates in rows of eight starting with a Spider-Man minimate that sets the theme.

For example, Future Foundation Spider-Man, followed by Fantastic Four Minimates occupying the remaining space. For some, I had to get alittle creative, like Iron Spider-Man followed by Iron Man and mate with armored suits. Saving a space for Superior Spider-Man to start my villains row cuz he's basically Otto and such. So ya guys get my gist?

Which leads me to any suggestions I'd like to hear, I wanna make an X-Men row with X-Men supporting characters. Since I have a Street Fighter row, I pretty much kitbashed a street fighter-esque Peter Parker, I'm guessing there hasn't been a legit X-Men Spidey, so I'd like to make one.

How would I go about this? X-Men belt and call it a day?

Anyone done this yet?

Let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Also: Taking all that into consideration, should I just use House of M Spider-Man?? I kinda consider him an X-Men related character.

So what are the 8 rows? I think it would be cool to have:

1. Iron Spider-Man (Iron Man characters)

2. Future Foundation (Fantastic Four characters)

3. Captain Universe (Cosmic characters)

4. Zombie Spider-Man (Marvel Horror)

5. Spider-Man 2099 (X-Men, since he was on the Exiles)

6. Sinister Spider-Man (Either Dark Avengers or just villains)

7. Regular Spider-Man (Street Heroes, Marvel Knights, etc)

8. Fear itself (Thor characters)

Hecks yeah, that's for the most part my set up. I have:

1. Iron Spidey with iron man characters

2. Future Foundation with F4 characters

3. Zombie Spider-Man with the rest of the marvel zombies

4. Captain Universe Spidey with cosmic characters

5. Black Costume Spidey with symbiote characters

6. ASM Spidey with Marvel Cineverse characters

7. A Walking Dead fashioned survival Peter Parker with Walking Dead characters

8. A fashioned street fighter Peter Parker with Street Fighter and Darkstalkers characters

9. Unmasked Peter Parker with secret identity characters

10. Spider-Girl with my favorite Marvel females (the girl-power row)

11. Saving a spot for Superior Spidey for my villains row

12. Miles Morales Spidey for my Ultimate Universe row

14. Saving a spot for Cyborg Spidey for the street level characters

15. Fear Itself Spidey with asgardian characters

I haven't thought about Spidey 2099 Spidey for the xmen, I never really read alot of Exiles

Edited by Scythe

I keep trying to wrack my brain for an X-Men appropriate Spider-Man and besides the already mentioned Exiles' 2099, I can't think of one distinguishing look that would represent his association with them...

Although, in an issue of Chris Claremont's awful New Exiles series, the team encounters an alternate group of X-Men in which Spider-Man was known as Spider and was one of the original five:

New_Exiles_Force-X_Puma_Spider_Mystique_

So, with that in mind, you could go with something like this:

spiderxmini.jpg

which would be easy enough to piece together...

...ACTUALLY, now that I think about it: Six-Armed Spidey would fit in keeping with the theme of "Mutants" as opposed to "X-Men".

Edited by emperorshotz

ANyone ever use the Star Saphire head for anything? I have one and was thinking of using it for a modified Firestar but that crown/tiara thing is making me annoyed and was wondering if anyone has taken it off before?

I keep trying to wrack my brain for an X-Men appropriate Spider-Man and besides the already mentioned Exiles' 2099, I can't think of one distinguishing look that would represent his association with them...

Although, in an issue of Chris Claremont's awful New Exiles series, the team encounters an alternate group of X-Men in which Spider-Man was known as Spider and was one of the original five:

New_Exiles_Force-X_Puma_Spider_Mystique_

So, with that in mind, you could go with something like this:

spiderxmini.jpg

I would use the head from stiltman to make the spider eyes.

Wow, I did not know that New Exiles alternate version Spider character existed, that's one to think about. Thank you guys for the good tips. I'd say it's between House of M Spidey or six-armed Spidey. I'm not sure which one is harder to track down.

What about Battle-damaged Spidey with other battle-damaged characters like Daredevil, Captain America, and Mr. Fantastic?

I've never actually thought about that since I don't have that many batte damaged mates, but I could totally see myself doing that.

Wow, I did not know that New Exiles alternate version Spider character existed, that's one to think about. Thank you guys for the good tips. I'd say it's between House of M Spidey or six-armed Spidey. I'm not sure which one is harder to track down.

What about Battle-damaged Spidey with other battle-damaged characters like Daredevil, Captain America, and Mr. Fantastic?

I've never actually thought about that since I don't have that many batte damaged mates, but I could totally see myself doing that.

If you end up needing the house of M Spidey, let me know.

If you end up needing the house of M Spidey, let me know.

I've never actually thought about that since I don't have that many batte damaged mates, but I could totally see myself doing tha.If you end up needing the house of M Spidey, let me know.

Yes, I actually do. I need him as well as a few other Spidey mates that I've missed out on. Not to mention that I sorta need some Ultimate characters to fill out my ranks cuz it appears I only have like two ultimate universe mates, haha. Any help would be more than appreciated.

Edited by Scythe

I boughtthe Peter Pan set specifically for turning TinkerBell into a Namorita and Michael into Franklin but does anyone have any tips for Franklin? Anyone experimented turning Peter Pan's Michael into a Franklin Richards custom yet?

A lot of Marvel Legends customizers used the Hulk Classics “Mecha Hulk” to make MvC Sentinels, which got me thinking maybe the reverse was possible for Minimates...

post-1897-0-16419800-1365491470_thumb.jp

kind Mecha Hulk-ish, right?

the left over Sentinel limbs can even be used to make a Cyber Spider-man (though incorrectly colored)

A lot of Marvel Legends customizers used the Hulk Classics “Mecha Hulk” to make MvC Sentinels, which got me thinking maybe the reverse was possible for Minimates...

attachicon.gifphoto-11.JPG

kind Mecha Hulk-ish, right?

the left over Sentinel limbs can even be used to make a Cyber Spider-man (though incorrectly colored)

awesome paint job