UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs Capcom 3

pawcanada

I'm not sure how many of you are into fighting games and/or have heard, but the first

is up for this game. This is not a Rock Roll or a late April Fools Day joke. The has officially been announced, along with six characters so far - Ryu, Morrigan and Chris (from Resident Evil) and Wolverine, Iron Man and Hulk.

MvsC1 and 2 are two of my favourite fighting games, partly for the fan service. I always love the non-Street Fighter characters they put in, with Captain Commando and Strider being two of my favourites from the previous games (shame neither appeared in TvsC). As long as both of them return, I'm happy. And at the risk of over-flowing the Street Fighter side of the roster, I hope they only use one character per entry in the franchise, i.e. Ryu from Street Fighter, say Chun-Li from SF2, maybe Alex or Dudley from SF3, anyone from SF4 and MAYBE Dan from SFA. Heck why not make Gill the last boss. His base power level alone should make him a decent foe for half the marvel cast. Could maybe do with a Warzard character or two in there as well.

Can't wait to see who gets unvailed next.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! Pretty much my favorite game of all time, I was stoked when MvC2 came to XBL. I'm not sure about the graphics, I really like the 2-D cartoony style, but the cell-shaded worked well for SF4, so I could work.....

I hope to see C. Viper from SF4, and Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes on the capcom side, and The Hood and Iron Patriot on the marvel side be new additions.

Yes! Pretty much my favorite game of all time, I was stoked when MvC2 came to XBL. I'm not sure about the graphics, I really like the 2-D cartoony style, but the cell-shaded worked well for SF4, so I could work.....

I heard it was going to be a combination of SFIV and MvsC2, so I'm interested in seeing how it works.

... and Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes on the capcom side

I forgot Travis was a Capcom character. He needs to be in this game RIGHT NOW!

... and Iron Patriot on the marvel side be new additions.

I feel he'd work better as an alternative costume for Iron Man rather than a seperate character. I always disliked Bone Claw Wolverine and War Machine as they were just slight re-colours of Wolverine and Iron Man (bar the fact War Machine used missles when IM used beams and vice versa) . In fact they could get in a number of fan favourites if they go down the SFIV style alternative costume road.

being a big fan of the game, im shocked and excited, i really want FF and she hulk in the game, maybe nemesis? travis would be awesome

Dude, Nemesis, Saddler, and Wesker would freakin Rock!

I would like to see from Marvel... Deadpool. Simply to hear him insult the Nemesis.

I have loved Street Fighter since SF2 first came out in the early 1990s. And of course, I love Marvel. So, I hope this turns out OK, but it would have to be less the spastic, Killer Instinct-type button-masher that the first two games were, and more in the style of SF IV. Graphics certainly seem to be aiming for that. Fingers crossed!

It looks great! The trailer made me laugh, when The Hulk was fighting Chris Redfield. While I am a Resident Evil fan, I'm pretty sure The Hulk would win that battle. :)

Yeah, the dramatic shot of 'roided-up, RE 5 Chris aiming the gun at Hulk at the end lacked suspense, IMO. I guess we're supposed to think--"Damn, he's gonna shoot Hulk with a handgun! It's all over, yo!"

heard there be only 30 characters in it

mvc3 pics

these pics have the other characters in the back ala secret avengers

so far I have spot a super skrull and deadpool and capt

can you spot anyone else?

Edited by SErge

Chun-Li is definitely there behind Hulk. I'm guessing Deadpool on the other side. Skrull above Morrigan. Guy on the far right is holding a gun in front of him. Could be Wesker. On the far left, crouching down is a girl with pig-tails, and what appears to be clawed feet and a tail. Some variation of the cat-chick from Dark Stalkers?

Spidey and Cap have to be in this game.

Chun-Li is definitely there behind Hulk. I'm guessing Deadpool on the other side. Skrull above Morrigan. Guy on the far right is holding a gun in front of him. Could be Wesker. On the far left, crouching down is a girl with pig-tails, and what appears to be clawed feet and a tail. Some variation of the cat-chick from Dark Stalkers?

Spidey and Cap have to be in this game.

Looks like Nightcrawlers' tail on the far left?

Only 30 huh... In that case they definitly need to limit the number of SF characters. One of my pet peeves about some of the "Capcom vs" games ishow it ends up being "SF2 vs *insert name*". I mena out of all the Capcom characters in the otherwise classic CvsSNK2, we only get three non Street Fighter characters. And out of the SF characters, a good 90% are from Alpha and 2.

Anyway, rant aside I really hope they make a wide use of both Marvel and Capcom's roster. I know he might be a little over powered, but it'll make my day if Thor shows up, especally in his new costume.

I think 50% Street Fighter would be appropriate from Capcom's side. If you've only got 15 characters from Capcom, then 7 from Street Fighter would be good. But you need Ryu, Chun-Li, Ken, and Guile IMO. Plus a boss or two (say, Vega) and a small handful from non-SF2 Street Fighter games (like Dan and the guy w/eyeball from SF IV). But I wouldn't skimp out on the SF 2 guys. That's what this franchise is based on, and so they should be over-represented as far as Capcom goes. Mega Man and Strider are musts, though. And I would also love to see Bionic Commando, knight from Ghosts and Gobins, and a Final Fight guy or two.

Here's to hoping that future installments will be Capcom vs. Konami vs. Nintendo vs. Marvel vs. DC :D

edit:

The Dread Dormammu!!

500x_mvc3_guess_up.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

http://marvel.com/news/all.12122.first_loo...sletter04202010

"At this point, there are roughly 30 characters in the game, but that number will increase," says Wes Phillips, Associate PR Manager for Capcom."You can rest assured that Niitsuma-san and his team will be working hard to include as many characters as possible before the game hits next year."

30 characters may be the initial starting point, but I'm sure like MvC2 there will be just as many unlockable characters or more.

The difference between this and the previous MVC games, I would think, would be the complexity in creating new characters in 3-D/Hi-Def on a fancy PS3 versus simple 2-D sprites on the earlier versions. For that reason, a lower character count was not surprising to me. Of course, the more the merrier so long as the final product is high quality.

30 is a good start and I'm hoping that them saying they want to squeeze more in actually happens.

At least for me, they set the bar with MvC2......this one should equal if not surpass if able.

I also hope that they remove some of the weaker characters and add some more popular or unique figures.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm hoping Strider and Captain Commando return. I really missed them in Tatsinoko vs Capcom.

I'll admit I'm a bit dissapointed they're using Trish. With a wide variety of franchises, both new and old, having two from DMC seems a bit like a waste to me. As I mentioned before, I'm fond of some of the lesser known Capcom franchises, both fighting and not, so I really want to see them get represented. Obscure characters like Jin and Hayato were amoung my favourites in MvC2, despite the fact I've never played the games either character came from.

It's also worth noting Viewtiful Joe has been nearly confirmed, much liek the Silver Surfer.