UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 34 images...

battlecat

I love variants when they aren't the same character. Tomorrow will be very interesting.

And if tomorrow does bring a Jim Lee Jean, then somebody around here named Harley is going to be pretty happy to have some zombies.

huh???

There is someone else here named Harley?

That's just crazy talk. :)

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. There is definite demand out there for her in this costume or else all the various companies wouldn't continue to pump out product with her.

I'd like to "pump out some product with her." :)

:lol: Did you see the Sideshow statue? You guys thought the minimate was racy. Pics courtesy of Jedidon:

DSC_6547.jpg

DSC_6554.jpg

Was there anyone out there aching for a Black Queen Jean?

Me. Nessex. Twisted and numerous others. For appearing only a couple issues she has quite a following. She was made as a bust by DST, a statue by Bowen, SS statue, and a Toys R Us Exclusive Marvel Legend. There is definite demand out there for her in this costume or else all the various companies wouldn't continue to pump out product with her.

I'm not bashing the choice or the character, I don't even really care about JL Jean, I'm happy with the Phoenix we got in the Secret Invasion set, but I saw people talking about JL Jean before this wave was even revealed, and now that it appears she won't be included, people are disappointed. I'm simply saying she seemed like a better choice, popular with collectors and more recognizable to casual people. I like BQ Jean, although I like Selene more to be honest. I'm glad we're getting BQ Jean so we can get Selene, I just think there was more support for JL Jean.

I understand, and there probably is more support of JL Jean since that costume is more known. Which is why it was such a surprise to not see her as the common to Black Queen's variant.

Either way I'm getting at least one awesome Jean minimate from this wave so I'm a happy camper. I also love the updated Rogue, Cyclops and Beast!!! And I'm sure JL Jean will show up sooner or later.

Edited by Chronotrigger

I'll eat whatever is left of Ady's hat if Jubilee makes it into this wave.

I'm calling Wolverine.

I'm pretty sure Ady ate the whole thing a couple years ago. There may even be photographic evidence somewhere here on the 'verse....

I wonder how skimpy the back of her will be?

I definatly still have that picture, just for reference.

Oy. Vey. Selene?? REALLY, DST?!?!?!?! Was ANYONE asking for her?!?!?!?! ANYONE!?!?!?!?!?!?! A. If you are going to make the rest of the wave 70s/80s/90s you FINISH the wave 70s/80s/90s. B. you start and OLD Hellfire Club, you FINISH the OLD Hellfire Club, not start the new one. C. NO ONE ASKED FOR SELENE. She's not even who almost anyone thinks of when you say "Black Queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I am sorry, but KILLED this wave for me. I have no interest in Selene other than the vairant, and i Jean isn't the final figure because you made her beyond awesome with a billion accessories and gorgeous sculpting, i'll join Tenime without the the TRU part. :angry:

Selene, but not a sight of Jim Lee Jean Grey?!?!?!?!?!?! REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?! :angry:

Oh, and yes. I may just have to burn down the building. :confused:

Was there anyone out there aching for a Black Queen Jean?

I was pretty keen for one - especially now that we have HellFire Guards & Selene. They'll keep my White queen Company :)

I was far more keen for a JL Jean or Goblin Queen Maddie - but i am still very happy to be getting a Black Queen Jean.

Classic memorable versions of some great Xmen for kids, obscure characters for us nuts that like crazy characters on our shelves, and a classic army builder for those of us that have too much money.

Seconded. The mix of obscure characters for collectors & big impact characters for casual buyers seems like a very smart move. It's kept me happy: i've been excited about at least one release ni everywave that's come out for the past year!

Dear DST,

Alot of people aren't, but I'm perfectly happy with this wave. They all look great, and I can't wait to get them all.

You guys know what you're doing, and I have faith in that.

Everything you release (Minimate-wise), I want.

Not having every(any) SDCC exclusive at Chicago Comic Con wasn't your fault.

I even got over the "injustice" of Gamora and an unnecessary Tony Stark War Machine, because we eventually got the Gambit & Deadpool that I'd wanted in their places.

The only thing that can (and is) piss(ing) me off, is this Toys'R'Us bullsh*t.

I love your company. I love your products. And after chatting with Matt at the aforementioned CCC, I love your staff.

But this TRU situation is complete garbage, and it needs to stop.

And, no, I will never "drop it".

Not even if I walked into a store tonight and found a case of Angel/Warpaths (not holding my breath to ever even find one).

Can i sign this petition?

After further inspection, the Selene mate is kind of bugging me. Not the character, mind you, but the execution. She's got a funky muffintop thing going on -- a fatal flaw of trying to do a bare midriff minimate. The Jean one works because her corset goes all the way down, but Selene here, trying to be all sexy with her little strappy things, looks a little... chunky.

Is that bugging anyone else?

Huh, no JL Jean. Odd.

Was I the only one who kept reading "JL" as "Justice League"? Curse you again DC Direct :( (and no thread derailing please)

Hopefully the last character in this wave won't be another redo. It better be a villain. Or a girl. Or Banshee. (A Nightcrawler redo would be okay too, I guess.)

But seriously though... Selene! Never would've imagined. I want her.

I want her.

I want her.

I want her.

(EDIT)

NorthRaider: Officially gay for Selene

:P

Edited by NorthRaider

I think Selene is starting to grow on me. Has anyone read Necrosha? Anyway, I'm wondering what hair piece that is on Selene. I like it.

me too, and i just noticed (not sure if has been mentioned) but it looks like the cape that comes with moon knight. I think my fav of the group is cyclops...hoping for a nightcrawler or colossus revamp at some point

Oy. Vey. Selene?? REALLY, DST?!?!?!?! Was ANYONE asking for her?!?!?!?! ANYONE!?!?!?!?!?!?! A. If you are going to make the rest of the wave 70s/80s/90s you FINISH the wave 70s/80s/90s. B. you start and OLD Hellfire Club, you FINISH the OLD Hellfire Club, not start the new one. C. NO ONE ASKED FOR SELENE. She's not even who almost anyone thinks of when you say "Black Queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I am sorry, but KILLED this wave for me. I have no interest in Selene other than the vairant, and i Jean isn't the final figure because you made her beyond awesome with a billion accessories and gorgeous sculpting, i'll join Tenime without the the TRU part. :angry:

Selene, but not a sight of Jim Lee Jean Grey?!?!?!?!?!?! REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?! :angry:

Oh, and yes. I may just have to burn down the building. :confused:

I'm quite happy to be getting a Selene, actually; I just wish they'd also give us a Sebastian Shaw to go with her.

Hellfire REP-RE-ZENT!

I know it's coming down to the wire... but it's hard to get too excited. If it's JL Jean, great, if it's brown Wolvie, no big surprise. For the packs without the hellfire goon, I expect Rogue and Beast packed together. I can see Cyclops packed with either of the ones I mentioned and still make sense. I remember the 5 different covers for X-Men #1, Cyclops and Wolverine together, Rogue and Beast (and Iceman and Colossus, I think) on another one.

And JL Jean doesn't seem to far a stretch. Technically, if I remember my X-History, Black Queen Phoenix and JL Jean were 2 different characters (unless I missed a retcon).

More mates, more characters, yay.