UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pure speculation!

UK Collector

So I've been thinking, wave 31 and 32 are due out in December, 33 and 34 might therefore be out for

February or March. Which would give us 35 and 36 for May/June.

Considering the above my thinking is that maybe, quite possibly (don't beat me up if it doesn't happen :D ) wave 35 or 36 could be Iron Man 2! It makes sense to me if you consider the timing of the Wolverine Origin mates which seemed to be in store when the movie hit theatres.

So if it is Iron Man 2, who do we want to see? Details of the film are scarce at this early stage but IM, Black Widow and Wiplash have to be certanties. But who would they be packaged with? I don't want another Pepper!!

I know some people don't like speculative threads but in all honesty I just thought it would be a bit of fun to see what everyone thought.

Sorry if there's already a topic for this, but I don't recall seeing one around

Thanks B)

I imagine we'd see another Iron Man for sure, though the changes to the suit are minimal at best. From there, you can almost count on Justin Hammer, War Machine, Black Widow, and Whiplash. Maybe Nick Fury. Then, a wardrobe swap for someone to round out the set with a variant.

Using the 7-figures per set theory (6 regs and a variant):

Black Widow / Iron Man Mark IV (the FIRST version of the armor we'll see in the beginning of the film)

Whiplash / Tech Lab Tony Stark

Justin Hammer / Iron Man Mark V (the version we'll see for the climactic final battle)

Variant Set:

Tech Lab Tony Stark / War Machine Mark I (why re-cast Rhodey for the second and NOT have him in armor, especially during that climactic final battle?)

Pure speculation...

Variant Set:

Tech Lab Tony Stark / War Machine Mark I (why re-cast Rhodey for the second and NOT have him in armor, especially during that climactic final battle?)

Part of me wants to think that they'd be stupid to make War Machine the variant, since he's pretty much the most anticipated new character of the movie. (Save maybe Widow, but thats personal preference).

But part of me remembers them doing it once already.

Personally I think the variant will be Hammer or a different Iron Man.

I see something like...

Tony/Widow

Iron Man/Whiplash

Hammer/War Machine

Iron Man Variant

But that does leave out Pepper, and being that she's played by one of the bigger actors in the movie, that may be a no no, from a sales perspective. She might replace Hammer in the lineup. Only time will tell. In any event, I don't think any set wont have an Iron Man or a War Machine.

Having seen the Iron Man 2 footage from SDCC, I think we are guaranteed to see one or two waves through TRU. I don't think 33 and 34 will be out before the Iron Man wave. I suspect wave 33 and 34 will be the Iron Man 2 waves hitting stores in May.

I think we will see movie AND comic versions of the below:

Warmachine (Yes, we will get another comic Warmachine - lots of variations on his armor in comics to be done)

Whiplash

Black Widow

We will get movie versions of:

Nick Fury

Tony (Racecar?)

Justin Hammer

New Iron Man Armor AND Battle Damaged Version

And we will get comic versions of:

Crimson Dynamo

Mandarin

Unicorn

Additionally, we will get various additional Iron Man armors packed with these villains.

I think we will see movie AND comic versions of the below:

That's a good shout. I wouldn't be surprised if they give us a movie wave and a comic based wave at the same time. Lord knows we need a Crimson Dinamo and I'm sure they can squeeze out a few more Iron Men. Aqua Iron Man etc, and I've been desperate for a good Hulk Buster. The Iron Monger showed they are capable of giving us a bulkier Iron Man armour.

Hmm...i think that, if DST plays their cards right, then we'll get this as 34. Then again, i HOPE we get it as 34; the sooner i get another Widow, the better. ;)

My thoughts for the line-up:

Racecar-suit Stark/Mk I Whiplash

Black Widow/Iron Man Mk IV

War Machine/Justin Hammer

Racecar-suit Stark/Final Battle Whiplash

That'd be my personal preference; i love the blue-and-white racing suit we've seen, and it makes sense to capture the whole scene AND make it a seller because it has a guy in armor...who happens to be the bad guy. Widow better be a "duh, she has to be made," and what better way than with her boss/possible lover/possible enemy Iron Man in his new duds?? We get another hero/"villain" pack, by default. War Machine is another "duh." He's the one that people are really going to see this for IMO (actually, IMO it'll be for Scarlet, but whatever...), and would need to be made as one of the big-names. Packing him with Hammer gets out the main cast we don't have, and fits the preview scene wit hhim and Rhodes. Lastly, i don't want another Iron Man in this wave; the last was ridiculous (yes, it made sense to make them all, but dear God that was a lot of armors...). From the looks of it, Whiplash will have a modified armor going beyond his scrap-metal one, like Stark did in the first movie. Both would be awsome, and make sense.

And you get important armors with every set, to sell each one. B)

I've been desperate for a good Hulk Buster. The Iron Monger showed they are capable of giving us a bulkier Iron Man armour.

I think we're in need of a good Hulk before a good Hulk Buster. Iron Monger and Stay Puft show they can make a big bulky character without straying from the 2 in base so there's no excuse to not have a massive Hulk.

as far as speculation goes:

-Iron Man/Stark: I bet we get a new torso sculpt more a kin to the extremis mate (so he can turn in the middle) with reused gloves and helemt (unless the look changes) from the first movie armor and reused boots from Iron Patriot. I bet we get a lot of Stark variants in TRU sets (like race track, another tank top, maybe a new suit, reissuses of Mark 1 and Playboy Tony)

-Pepper/Rhodes: I bet we don't see either of them since they were covered in the first movie... Well sorta... I know Rhodes is a different actor now but, if he's War Machine (could be Tony or Widow) I bet we get his face under one of the armors, but much like we didn't get a business suit clad Stain in the first series I don't think we'll get a civilian Rhodes nor is he needed

-Whiplash: If he has a real armor in the movie (if he's "part crimson dynamo" like I keep hearing I assume he'll have a red robot suit at some point) I'd really like to get both the 'racetrack attack' bare bones aromor and 'final armor' versions... whether it's a 'take off the armor, change the legs, and add the tendrills' kinda deal or a second figure (I'd prefer two figures so I can buy 1 of each pack and maybe get a second expression for Rouke) I want the racetrack version of the character.

-Justin Hammer: It seems to me he'd be a box set character like Raza was. Like "Battle Damage Iron Man", "Battle Damage War Machine", "Battle Damage Crimson Whiplash", "Justin Hammer"... or maybe in a TRU 2-pack with another Stark/Ironman

-Black Widow: Probably a very likely figure, since she's basically a blank with hair and if they have to make a lot of new pieces for the armors that's probably a very welcome thing.

-Nick Fury: Unless he's an exclusive I bet we don't see Nick Fury since he's SO CLOSE to the Ultimates version coming soon. I mean Ultimate Fury is based on SLJ and the minimates already a dead ringer for him because of this. Unless he shows up in a new outfit in the film he could have all the screen time in the world and a mate would be redundant.

-Nick Fury: Unless he's an exclusive I bet we don't see Nick Fury since he's SO CLOSE to the Ultimates version coming soon. I mean Ultimate Fury is based on SLJ and the minimates already a dead ringer for him because of this. Unless he shows up in a new outfit in the film he could have all the screen time in the world and a mate would be redundant.

Bearing in mind that I've finally gotten all the 'The Ultimates' (Avengers) TPBs at last & I am halfway through them ...Ultimate Fury IS Samuel L. Jackson ,to a point where Ultimate Fury is REAL & Samuel L. Jackson almost appears to be a fictional character :blink:

"Who'll we get to play Samuel L. Jackson?"

"I've got a great idea........Nick Fury"

Edited by buttheadsmate

As long as we get a comic Whiplash with the ponytail and cape and not the bondage gear I will be happy.

I guess technically I want a Blacklash, not a Whiplash, since I didn't care for any of Scarlotti's Whiplash costumes.

Hoping Jatta proves correct about the comics versions coming. With Wolverine, we got a movie and a comics wave, and IM2 looks to be a bigger movie.

The movie figures... well the "new" characters Hammer, War Machine, Whiplash, and Widow are locks for the LCS waves, which leaves only two regular slots and a variant slot open for the title character. Folks like Pepper, Fury, and Hogan are likely going to be paired with wacky Tony variants in TRU exclusives. (that's where you'll get your race car outfits, boxing gear, and lab coats)

• 3 weeks later...
wacky Tony variants in TRU exclusives. (that's where you'll get your race car outfits, boxing gear, and lab coats)

Dangit, "Robert Downey Jr." and "boxing gear" crossed lines in my head and now I want Sherlock Holmes minimates. <_<

Jatta's comic Iron Man wave idea sounds intriguing, though the only other IM armors I can think of right now that haven't been 'mated yet are the various "buster" armors (Hulkbuster, Thorbuster, etc.) and the Heroes Reborn one. (There's also the "Iron Pepper" armor from the current comics as well though... :blink:)

Then again, if wave 28 was any indication then maybe DST can eschew the whole "comic Iron Man" wave theme and just give us a hodgepodge Avengers wave with a Tony pack in it. ;)

Actually there are several Armors besides the "busters" we haven't seen yet.

mark-8.jpg

The "Neo-Classic" armor. Tony wore this after the Armor Wars through till the advent of the War Machine armor. One of the longer stretches without changing the overall look of the suit. And it's one of my favorite designs.

heroes-return-armor.jpg

The Heroes Reborn armor. An Alex Ross inspired design, bringing back the helmet horns and adding the little light-up panels. I liked this design too... probably having as much to do with his wearing for the Busiek/Perez run in the Avengers as anything else.

You've also got the Underwater armor, Three Different Space armors, and the silver Stealth armor.

And I'd love to see a reissue/redo of the Silver Centurion suit, as I keep getting outbid in my eBay effort to get one. (but that's because I'm a cheap bastich as much as anything else)

Hey all,

Someone wanted a list of IM armors to make, cos we're not even close to doing all the distinctive ones... ;)

Mirymate is right in that the most needed is the hulk buster ( both kinds but for pref the old one), and what he calls the 'neo classic'.

I also want... ( add this to his list not instead of)

Arctic Armor ( Not given a model # to my knowledge, but us an awesome blue/white-silver)

Neuromimetic Telepresence Unit

Prometheum Armor

SKIN Armor

Add to these:

Refractive Prismapolymer coated Warmachine (Looks like it's all shiny chrome to take on living laser IM#289)

Tony Stark in his, life support techno skin suit. ( Remote armor era)

And those are the ones I just think off the top of my head that need a minimate, but if we are getting picky we could do more, possibly even do a few similar looking models by mix and matching a few parts.

Add to this villians etc then I could probably give you at least 3-4 waves of just IM minimates without breaking a sweat.

T.

p.s. NR - Pepper Potts is new suit is called 'Rescue' and I'd love to see it made into a minimate! perhaps as a two pack with a madam mask minimate...

:D god i hope the make ironman 2 minimates that would be awsome

i think my line up would be

tony stark(race car)/mk1 whiplash

ironman mk 4/black widow

war machine/tony stark(armory version)

variant james rhodes

box set

iron maiden(olivia munn rules!!!!!!)

bd black widow

mk 2 whiplash(pure speculation)

ironman (some special suit he creates at the end of the movie(pure speculation)SILVER CENTURIAN)

there would also be a tru wave but i dont know enough about the movie to estimate that

ps tbt you missed thorbuster ironman

:D god i hope the make ironman 2 minimates that would be awsome

i think my line up would be

tony stark(race car)/mk1 whiplash

ironman mk 4/black widow

war machine/tony stark(armory version)

variant james rhodes

box set

iron maiden(olivia munn rules!!!!!!)

bd black widow

mk 2 whiplash(pure speculation)

ironman (some special suit he creates at the end of the movie(pure speculation)SILVER CENTURIAN)

there would also be a tru wave but i dont know enough about the movie to estimate that

ps tbt you missed thorbuster ironman

...you do know that Olivia isn't really playing an "Iron Maiden"...right?? That was a joke of her's and Jon Favreau's....no one knows nor is allowed to what who she plays...

I also want... ( add this to his list not instead of)

Arctic Armor ( Not given a model # to my knowledge, but us an awesome blue/white-silver)

Marvel officially lists this as Armor Model #15

Just because I have the book with the numbers in front of me...

Neuromimetic Telepresence Unit - Model #12

Prometheum Armor - Listed as Model CE1 for Counter Earth. Since it was created by Tony in an alternate reality (initially) it doesn't fit into the normal armor model progression. Though interestingly enough some fan sites list the Mike Grell designed Model 21 as the "Prometheum II"

SKIN Armor - Model #20. It stands for Synthetic Kinetic Interfacing Nanofluid, an experimental "digital fluid" that could forma sheath around objects and make them almost as resilient as adamantium. Ultron corrupted the tech, and Tony thought he destroyed that armor. Ultron's recent reformating Stark into a similar substance sort of says he didn't do a thurough enough job.

Refractive Prismapolymer coated Warmachine (Looks like it's all shiny chrome to take on living laser IM#289) - Model #11-C, guessing on that one. WarMac is armor model #11, and Rhodey's initial suit was considered 11-B. The repaired and rebuilt WarMac used post "Hands of the Mandarin" crossover was the first one called War Machine Model #1. Another one of those odd side facts.

'Rescue' Armor Model #38 by my count. No official number given yet.

Others mentioned-

Neo Classic - Model #9

Heroes Reborn - Model #17

Space Armor - Model #5

Space Armor II - Model #10

Space Armor III - Model #19

Stealth Armor III - Model #22

Hydro Armor - Model #6 (although I think that's in error, since it was first seen after the Silver Centurion, which is listed as Model #8)

Hulk Buster - Model #14

Hulk Buster II - Model #37 (again, no number officially given, but it's the next totally new model to appear after the last model listed)

Thor Buster - Model #23

Now I'll say flat out I think most of those numbers are off by my personal count. They count every artists' variation/simplification of the Grell designed, pre-Extremis armor as a different Model for example. To me, unless the issue in question calls it a new model, it's not. But I've been on boards/mailing lists with Mr. McQuaid before, and he is nothing if not meticulous, so I guess he and his band of semi-pro volunteers (many of which I am also acquainted with) found sufficient reason to think otherwise. But it's not the first time I thought he was wrong either.

Edited by Mirymate

Just because I have the book with the numbers in front of me...

I'm curious which book?

As for the rest of it... Sounds about right, Although I have seen the armor numbers quoted as much lower but with a/b/c variants etc.. for the slightly different versions.

T.