UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pure speculation!

UK Collector

I'm curious which book?

The Mighty Avengers: Most Wanted Files, circa 2007. Has a 5 page Iron Man entry, and lots of data on the now defunct Extrimis Armor (Model #30 if you're curious) The printed another Iron Man entry later in the "Iron Manual" collection, but it didn't look like it added much new information, so I passed... At least I passed for now... Until my OCD about collecting comics encyclopedias kicks in again and I spend $20 for reprints of things I already have.

I'm not sure how many of y'all have seen this picture, but Marvelous News has an article for an upcoming 4-issue miniseries featuring Iron Man and Whiplash:

Marko Djurdjevic created a new concept design for the Whiplash character for the upcoming Marvel Comics four issue miniseries Iron Man vs. Whiplash.

Marvel.com has released the first image of the new character design. Is this the look and concept we can expect from Mickey Rourke's character in the new movie?

With that was a picutre for this Whiplash suit:

1116k9d.jpg

IF this is what Rourke is going to look like 2, i sure as hell wouldn't mind a Minimate of it. That just looks fantastic.

I'd be happy if this proves to be the final movie design. Green ponytail and all.

And yes, I'd like to have a comics accurate Blacklash. (since as I said, neither Whiplash costume remotely appeals)

Having seen the Iron Man 2 footage from SDCC, I think we are guaranteed to see one or two waves through TRU. I don't think 33 and 34 will be out before the Iron Man wave. I suspect wave 33 and 34 will be the Iron Man 2 waves hitting stores in May.

I think we will see movie AND comic versions of the below:

Warmachine (Yes, we will get another comic Warmachine - lots of variations on his armor in comics to be done)

Whiplash

Black Widow

We will get movie versions of:

Nick Fury

Tony (Racecar?)

Justin Hammer

New Iron Man Armor AND Battle Damaged Version

And we will get comic versions of:

Crimson Dynamo

Mandarin

Unicorn

Additionally, we will get various additional Iron Man armors packed with these villains.

That's what I'd like to see them start doing if they want to continue making movie waves, is mix in movie style with comic style so we don't get another situation like X3 where there's not a single new character in the whole wave. Other people may have liked it, but I didn't buy a single one because I don't need multiples of characters without something new to balance it out.