UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU shipping = no protection

Webhead

So I got this huge bubble mailer today and opened it up. It was my 2 Dark Avengers Box set that I ordered. The boxes were crushed. Now i know TRU was offering free shipping but come on! Who mails toys that come in a box in a bubble mailer!!!

Can you tell I'm thoroughly pissed about this? @#$%$#@$%

Edited by Webhead

I had the same experiences (notice the plural) with crushed boxes as well. I complained to TRU.com customer service about this, and my next order that followed came in a box. I thought that this positive experience was going to continue through with all my future orders, but sure enough they have since gone back to shipping my purchases in these flimsy bubble envelopes.

Webhead, I would definitely give customer service a call to let them know. If a good number of people voice their concerns over this problem, maybe they will modify their shipping method.

Note that even if shipping is paid for, (not free) TRU.com will still typically send your order in this bubble envelope.

Edited by HelloMate

I've never had the "pleasure" of ordering from TRU but lately i've been keeping packaging(I open and display my minimates still) so i would be really pissed off if it was damaged. What is all this talk about AFX I'm getting my SDCC pre-orders soon (says the email) are they also packaged poorly? :sad:

Edited by Kraven

Unlike many on the board here, when I got my Ghostbuster packs from TRU, they all arrived safe and sound in a box. I didn't realize then how lucky I was. I ordered 2 sets of dark avengers from TRU, and they each arrived in their own "padded" envelope, and the two envelopes were held together with a rubber band. Both sets were crunched, but luckily not completely destroyed.

I haven't had any problems with AFX. Every order I've ever placed came reasonable well packed, and I expect the SDCC lot to be the same.

If I collected these in the box, I would be very upset. Being an opener, as long as the figures are intact and accessories are present, I'm okay.

My TRU packages have always come in a box. I can't remember one time i've ever had them in a padded envelope...this really sucks for all of you guys, especially for our MIBers. :(

I'm hoping that mine arrives in a box this time as well though. I've gotten accustomed to putting the plastic back in the box after opening and being extremely careful with the tape; i'm now saving the empty boxes, and this is one, with DA2, that i definitely want to put next to all my DA issues. :yes:

But to put it over for the free shipping i bought the Grifball Spartan from Halo (which i wanted as much as the Hal Jordans), so i hope it gives it the weight for a box; have any of you ever seen a mutilated Halo package?? I've had this experience x2; OH DEAR GOD IT'S AWFUL. :angry:

I'm mostly a MIB'er but do open packs depending on the figures. I think I will call CS and see what they have to say. Worst case is they say tough shit and I lose 10-15 min of my life.

I'm sure Webhead won't mind me saying that I sent an item, to the US, to him yesterday . I am not a huge international toy company but the item will arrive MIB , of that I am 99% sure. I am sure because it was packed in a box & unless some fuckwit decides to stand on the package maliciously it is secure. It's not rocket-science & these on-line retailers should be ashamed of their inadequacies.

For shame :angry:

I'm sure Webhead won't mind me saying that I sent an item, to the US, to him yesterday . I am not a huge international toy company but the item will arrive MIB , of that I am 99% sure. I am sure because it was packed in a box & unless some fuckwit decides to stand on the package maliciously it is secure. It's not rocket-science & these on-line retailers should be ashamed of their inadequacies.

For shame :angry:

+1..it's true. A little carboard box goes a long way.

My TRU packages have always come in a box. I can't remember one time i've ever had them in a padded envelope...this really sucks for all of you guys, especially for our MIBers. :(

I'm hoping that mine arrives in a box this time as well though. I've gotten accustomed to putting the plastic back in the box after opening and being extremely careful with the tape; i'm now saving the empty boxes, and this is one, with DA2, that i definitely want to put next to all my DA issues. :yes:

But to put it over for the free shipping i bought the Grifball Spartan from Halo (which i wanted as much as the Hal Jordans), so i hope it gives it the weight for a box; have any of you ever seen a mutilated Halo package?? I've had this experience x2; OH DEAR GOD IT'S AWFUL. :angry:

Ironically, I ordered the same thing. Dark Avengers and Griff. They came in a box and were in great shape! ;)

Hell, I got mine the same way. Both boxes were damaged, but one was salvageable to keep somewhat mint. But yeah, i was a little pissed, but then again, free shipping. What are you gonna do. Just enjoy the fact that the minimates themselves were ok.

I am an opener so I don't really care what condition that my stuff arrives in. That said I can see the frustration it would cause. If you guys send to many pissed emails their way you will only be encouraging them to create some sort of "Collectors" charge where you will have to pay a couple extra dollars to have your stuff sent to you. And it will likely still be beat to hell.

Edited by minimadman

My package was also mashed, but the difference was I even paid for the shipping! (because I only purchased the Dark Avengers set and nothing else) I think I will have to complain, I mean $5 for shipping and they go the cheap route with an envelope? If I paid for shipping the least they could do is put it in a box.

I got the Dark Reign set this week - which I ordered with one other item (to qualify for the free ship) - The items arrived packaged together, in good shape, in a box. My BSG mates and the 2 sets of GB mates I ordered arrived in the same condition. I've ordered other things, in the past, that did not arrive so well.

Though TRU's discretion (using bubble envelopes vs. boxes) is questionable, let's also remember that UPS and, in many cases the USPS handle these packages and are in possession of them longer than TRU. I seriously doubt someone takes each and every package aside and and jumps on it with both feet before letting it leave the warehouse. I find it a lot more plausible that that they are being mishandled in transit - especially since it is going super-duper budget freight (UPS Ground or the UPS/USPS Hybrid service).

I think there should be an expecatation that anything shipped via UPS or USPS, should not include being mangled and flattened as part of the service.

Edited by captain_cbecker

Ok yeah I've had stuff from TRU and they suck with how they ship! however... the title implies AFX ship badly too, I've not seen this in my many past orders with them!

T.

p.s. TRU once overpacked a shipment of mine with an extra Stealth movie IM set so it's not always bad ;)

I think AFX went through a stage (web-armor launch) when things went down the drain & there packing was abyssmal. I don't think it can be said now . I feel that they have just recently had another bad patch with regards to pre-order fulfilment but this may be just me :( Overall they are IMO the best of an imperfect bunch .

'Imperfect ' is my attempt at politeness.

TRU shipping & packaging ? From what I've seen & heard .....the polite word is dire.

Ok yeah I've had stuff from TRU and they suck with how they ship! however... the title implies AFX ship badly too, I've not seen this in my many past orders with them!

T.

p.s. TRU once overpacked a shipment of mine with an extra Stealth movie IM set so it's not always bad ;)

I've received very flimsy boxes with crushed contents from AFX in the past. Granted it's been awhile since I ordered from them. We'll see how my upcoming order shows up from them.

I edited the title to reflect my specific issues with TRU.

As stated here, TRU pack haphazardly, and sometimes use padded envelopes when they shouldn't. AFX actually pack well, but use the crappiest boxes I've seen. Thus, their boxes are more likely to be damaged in transit, though I don't think I've seen Minimates sent by AFX get dinged up too bad.