UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I just booked my room for SDCC 2010

Comic-Con 2010 - IT'S ON!!

I just booked my room for SDCC 2010! The Hard Rock wouldn't let me but the Hilton San Diego Bayfront did. I stayed at the Hilton this year and the rooms are super nice with lots of room.

$387/per person (4 people) in a room. It's a little more expensive than what I paid this year, but at least I don't have to go thru the booking BS.

Plan ahead kids!

Kisses,

jason

PS

I hope these pictures find you well.

post-2791-1248821535_thumb.jpg

post-2791-1248821567_thumb.jpg

Edited by jason4444

I just booked my room for SDCC 2010! The Hard Rock wouldn't let me but the Hilton San Diego Bayfront did. I stayed at the Hilton this year and the rooms are super nice with lots of room.

$387/per person (4 people) in a room. It's a little more expensive than what I paid this year, but at least I don't have to go thru the booking BS.

Plan ahead kids!

Kisses,

jason

PS

Is that $387 per person for 5 nights?

It seems to me that there are way cheaper options ( I lived in SD for 5+ yrs) hotel wise but I guess you want to be uber close to the Con?

T.

We got lucky and were able to roll both this years accomodations and tickets into next year.

Plan ahead kids!

Kisses,

jason

PS

Is that $387 per person for 5 nights?

It seems to me that there are way cheaper options ( I lived in SD for 5+ yrs) hotel wise but I guess you want to be uber close to the Con?

T.

Yeah, $387 per person for 5 nights. I went with a group of 4 and I think its a little moar for the 4 of us. I paid $355.00 this year for the room. The reason I liked the Hilton is its right across the street, so no cabs or trolley pass. They had $10.00 boxed lunches so no shit con food. You didn't have to stay there for the boxed lunches tho.

Good grief, I didn't think any hotels would be booking for next year yet.

I better get to looking now!

• 2 weeks later...

I chose to go acap (as cheap as possible) and it worked awesome since the Hampton had a shuttle that cruised to the Convention Center every morning after an awesome continental breakfast. So the distance didn't matter and the price for my hotel was great. I would prefer to deal with the tram or bus or whatever and have more money to spend at the Con rather than pay more to be closer, but that's just me.

I hear you, gambitron. But the problem with distant hotels is when you're dragging a cartload of loot behind you and want to make a quick run back to the hotel to dump your stuff. Did the Hampton have mid-day shuttle runs?

I'm sure that somebody has already thought of it, but if they haven't, 'lockers' would be a great idea at or near the Con.

Shove all your goodies in the locker & carry on with the show.

They have a 'bag check.' I have no idea if anyone actually uses it or if it fills up. I imagine that it does unless they reserve several extra rooms for it.

I'm sure that somebody has already thought of it, but if they haven't, 'lockers' would be a great idea at or near the Con.

Shove all your goodies in the locker & carry on with the show.

They have a 'bag check.' I have no idea if anyone actually uses it or if it fills up. I imagine that it does unless they reserve several extra rooms for it.

Bag check was very good for picking items up early and I used it to get the big stuff out of the way. However, you still gotta cart all that loot back to a hotel and if its far, its a pain in the arse.

Hoping to go next year. I remember checking our bags at the con on Sunday after checking out of the hotel worked out perfect back in 07.

I should see if I can hire a friend to run my stuff back to the room for me next year. :)

Maybe if I run into that Greedo that had a sign saying, "will shoot first for food".. I could hire him to watch my purple Hal Jordan (or whatever is the uber prize of the con that year)

I hear you, gambitron. But the problem with distant hotels is when you're dragging a cartload of loot behind you and want to make a quick run back to the hotel to dump your stuff. Did the Hampton have mid-day shuttle runs?

Yes Cappy they did have runs throughout the day up until about 4 or so, which meant that when we left the con at 7 or 8 we just took the bus out front of the con and for the most part it didn't take too long to go back to the hotel. There was one time when Hall H (the big big auditorium) had just let out and so the streams of people kept the bus from leaving for like 15 minutes or so but all in all I was just happy to save 30$ not buying a tram pass (15$ per person for a week pass or something like that if I remember correctly from last year)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Much difficulty as I would have ever justifying the cost, the prospects of hanging out with like-minded nut-jobs sounds pretty appealing. None of my friends in the "real world" share any of my geeky, collecting interests :lol:

Much difficulty as I would have ever justifying the cost, the prospects of hanging out with like-minded nut-jobs sounds pretty appealing. None of my friends in the "real world" share any of my geeky, collecting interests :lol:

I know exactly how you feel.