UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Ghostbuster Pics

Did you buy another Slimer set, though?? I can understand keeping things like these in the boxes, since they are really great for GB collectors in general, but he is the "main" or most recognized ghost when it comes to the series (disagreeable; to be fair, i think of Gozer...), and kinda deserves to be with the others.

I'm opening 1 pack a day, and Slimer's day is today when I get home from work! :buttrock:

I am an opener for the most part, though recently I've been keeping more and more of them in the box. I fear that one day I'll morph into a complete "MIB" snob, scoffing at silly, weak openers, and only keeping something if it has an AFA grading of 85 or better.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that is pretty subjective. I think the slimed Peter set is much cooler, but the Venkman is a simple repaint (versus a whole new outfit in the Washington Square set), and the Washington Square Ghost probably won't be released again, whereas we'll probably get 4 or 5 different Slimers.

Well, that is pretty subjective. I think the slimed Peter set is much cooler, but the Venkman is a simple repaint (versus a whole new outfit in the Washington Square set), and the Washington Square Ghost probably won't be released again, whereas we'll probably get 4 or 5 different Slimers.

thanks ,i now made up my mind :thumbsup:

which is better

the slimer pack,or the washington square pack.i need to decide,but i cant :(

Just damn well get down to the TRU.....NOW.... & buy the bloody lot . Get back home.... choose the ones you want.... PM me.....NOBODY ELSE......& send the ones you don't want to me :devil:

:whistling:

then you wont be getting anything :lol:

I found these and I...didn't buy them. I just couldn't get excited over them. I LOVE my Series 1 box set, but because of that I already had the Egon, so that set was out. And I'm getting (a mustachioed) Winston in the Series 2 box set. So that left Slimer/Slimed Venkman, Exploding Stay-Puft/Gooey Ray and Courthouse Ghost/Courthouse Venkman. Unfortunately, the ghost did nothing for me, so there went the Courthouse set. I was aiming to get Stay-Puft/Gooey Ray for Gooey ray, but the white was under the paint for the face and the costume. So it looked more like his paint had just rubbed off rather than goo being on top of him. Very disappointing. So that set was put back. That left Slimer and Venkman, which was tempting, but I think I would prefer the regular Slimer and Louis from Series 2 better. And with that, I was Minimate-less :(

Edited by NightViper

I was surprised to find 8 packs of these on the shelf at my local TRU. The T2 'mates they've had 12 of for over a month have yet to be shelved, but these are up now. For what its worth, they were sandwiched between Mario and Pokemon in my store.

Still nothing new from Marvel though and worse still, it's been consolidated down to just two pegs again.

(I'm thinking we should have a consolidated TRU thread for all the lines that show up there, since there seems to be some overlap in our reports)

Though not coming out at TRU, does anybody have any idea when the second boxed set is coming out?

And what's the Ecto-1 that I've seen around here that people like for the mates? I keep trying to find that in the threads but it's hard to locate.

According to BBTS, the 2nd box set will arrive in October.

There are 2 Ecto's--the first is the 1/21 scale Polar Lights model kit, and the second is the 1/18 scale Ertl diecast version.

Man! October! What a wait! I was hoping sometime in August.

Those Ecto-1's on ebay are all pretty expensive. I guess I'll just have to wait for one of those. They look really spiffy, though.

When that Stay Puft bank comes out it'll be neat to have. Then the gooey Ray won't stick out like such a sore thumb.

Maybe those 2nd series of TRU sets will come out early so the Ray and Winston will be available earlier.

Thanks man!

Edited by Mystery Man

Found them yesterday at in Lafayette, IN. Almost missed them because they weren't really in an area I expected. They had 2 pegs for them. One was full with 2 sets and an extra Slimed Peter and one other. Atleast until I bought my set. The manager said they were selling fast.

I think the slimed Peter/slimer 2 pack is the rarest, I had ordered it through toysrus.com a couple weeks ago along with the gb2 winston/terrordog 2 pack and a terminator 2 pack and a couple days later they emailed me saying they removed slimer/peter from my order and didnt say anything about it being back in stock - and it disappeared completely from their website (as opposed to being listed with "out of stock" underneath) - I managed to get them for my nephews birthday as part of a 5 pack lot via eBay but I want one for myself too! I saw a loose slimed peter on ebay the other day but i want him AND slimer...