UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wizard World Philadelphia highlights

Will anyone else be going? I got a ticket for friday, and was excited to see Chuck and DST will be doing a Q&A, as well as having their own booth XD. This is my first con, so here's hoping for a good one :).

*edit* Also, what do you think the chances are that they'll have the kyle reese packs for sale?

Edited by Randymarsh

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will anyone else be going? I got a ticket for friday, and was excited to see Chuck and DST will be doing a Q&A, as well as having their own booth XD. This is my first con, so here's hoping for a good one :).

Unfortunately nobody else will be going ......especially on Friday. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the convention, had a GREAT time. Got to talk to DSTChuck and ask him some questions during the Q&A, and he also had some new products to reveal. I wasn't taking notes or anything, and I'm pretty sure some of what he told us might still be under wraps, but here's what I remember.

-Amazon ghosts are sitting in boxes in the U.S and they WILL be available in the future. Chuck explained a few retailers interested, one of particular mention being Walmart

-Infinity gauntlet Thanos has fingers because it is integral to the story. Chuck explained that he has had to strike "fingers" from minimates in their early design stages, someone keeps wanting to add them. He assured that noses and fingers are not going to be the norm.

-Minimate max statues sold really poorly, and actually resulted in a loss for the company.

-When I asked about the potential release of more xmen origins movie mates, Chuck assured me that they were not done with that license. Stay tuned.

-TRU will never carry every minimate pack available in a wave. Variants will always be reserved for comic shops

-The complementary dark avengers box sets were a bit of a fluke, sort of fell into place that way.

-A minimate version of the secret wars cover art will appear on the box. They know the winners. Expect an announcement in a week or two.

-A minimate playset! It will be made out of a thick cardboard stock, similar to boardgames. It will be compatible with minimates or 3 3/4 inch figs. It looked really, really cool.

-New two pack announced! Black bolt and a male captain marvel

-When asked about the apparant popularity of the upcoming ghostbusters figs, he said they were doing well enough to be "cautiously optimistic"

And finally at the end, he gave everyone in the room a red dress six and unification spock! The Q&A made my day, that and me spending about 80$ on minimates (doh). Overall, it was a really cool experience to chat with a guy who helped create the coolest line of toys I've ever collected. And to anyone who has considered WW philly, I would say do go next year, I had an awesome day :).

Edited by Randymarsh

-A minimate version of the secret wars cover art will appear on the box.

Awesome!

-A minimate playset! It will be made out of a thick cardboard stock, similar to boardgames. It will be compatible with minimates or 3 3/4 inch figs. It looked really, really cool.

Double awesome!

:ohmy: 3X Awesome!

What a cool panel! I hope they have something like this planned for Chicago!

Edited by the punisher=D

*earth-shattering high-pitched screaming from across the Pacific*

THANK YOU DST!!!! :banana: A Black Bolt Minimate! Oh my, I think I could cry...

Personally I figured Medusa would've been a more appropriate pack partner for ol' Blackagar, but I'm not complaining, hopefully this means she can get top billing in an Inhumans Royal Family boxset instead ;)

As for Captain Marvel: I'm betting it's gonna be Mar-Vell (*squee*) but even if it ended up being Genis I'd still be mightily satisfied :)

And the rest of the news is spectacular too! Yay, Minimate-scale backdrops! Yay Minimate-ized Secret Wars box art! Semi-Yay more Origins mates! (Come on, Wraith!) Yay Ghostbusters! Yay Thanos fingers! :P

BLACK BOLT MINIMATE! *faints*

OMG playset...OMG more Wolvie Origins and hopes for Emma and Scott...OMG Blackbolt + Captain Mar-Vell...OMG DST IS JUST INCREDIBLE!!

Wow. Just wow. This is just going to be insane. Anyone else think that playset is that AIM Lab we saw in the pic with the, like, 50 AIM Agents?? XD

Oh, and i have a little news to share that i learned a while ago, but i am waiting for Matt's consent before i share it. Ya know; hate to let this cat out of the bag too soon.

:jawdrop:

Black Bolt and Mar-Vell?!?!?!?!!

Somebody tell me it isn't going to be a TRU exclusive.

Oh, and i have a little news to share that i learned a while ago, but i am waiting for Matt's consent before i share it. Ya know; hate to let this cat out of the bag too soon.

Not even a PM? Or a hint? An eensy-weensy one? Pretty please? :whistling:

Oh, and maybe we can move this thread to Crisis, or split it from the Minimate-related news or something. I felt kinda silly with the empty thread I just put up.

BLACK FREAKING BOLT!!!!

And Mar-Vell!

Me likee! Playset though... fascinating.

Minimates in Wal Mart perhaps? I hope it is wal mart as those could open up a new minimate venue (and an easy one to get to from my house.)

I like this announcement, it's excitin'!

Minimates in Wal Mart perhaps? I hope it is wal mart as those could open up a new minimate venue (and an easy one to get to from my house.)

Ha, try having one NEXT TO your freakin TRU. And i don't mean a mile away, i mean next to. Like, feet. And this'll suck. Great marketing?? Very. Even more costly because they'll want their own exclusives. VERY.

Wonderful. <_<

*edit* Also, what do you think the chances are that they'll have the kyle reese packs for sale?

I think you have a decent chance of finding a Kyle Reese "preview" package; my brother and I each bought one today in Orlando, FL. The store manager got them on Wednesday morning, and held them for us to pick up over the weekend.

Dude, you have to tell us NOW!

We should respect these trade-secrets. However, perhaps just an eensy-clue as to what line it is in regards to; or is it something entirely new? Say nothing if it has to do with BSG. :biggrin:

Cool for Black Bolt and Cap Marvel. Looks like 2009 is really filling in the holes in alot of ppls wishlists. They keep up the pace and its going to be hard for ppl to think up characters that need making. With all these boxsets and 2 packs it looks like any Marvel character has a good shot.

We should respect these trade-secrets. However, perhaps just an eensy-clue as to what line it is in regards to; or is it something entirely new? Say nothing if it has to do with BSG. :biggrin:

Now i feel obligated to say something.

Yup, did this post just for the last part. Y'all have to wait. :blush: