UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

My family at Buckingham Palace

Check out the video (12 or so seconds in) & look for the people seated in the background ....that's my niece's fiance,my Mum,my sister & my brother-in-law ....they were at the Palace last Thursday to see my niece presented with an OBE....the Order of the British Empire medal. :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/scotla...dio/8097301.stm

Edited by buttheadsmate

Lisa is undoubtedly one of the nicest & brightest people I know but.......

......she was honoured for "her services to Global Tax Issues ,HM Revenue & Customs" :ohmy:

Apparently she got hold of my file :(

Forgive the post perhaps but a friend of mine (who works for the BBC) sent me the link earlier this evening & to see them all on TV at the Palace just made my day !

Congrats to her. so she gets all the niceness and brightness quota for your family and we get you. :lol:

All joking aside nice to see ordinary ppl getting recognised for anything they do well instead of some idiot politician or merchant banker who screwed ppl to the floor.

My Mother in law was a tax inspector. I try not to hold it against her, but hey... She's my Mother-in-law! :D

Seriously BHM you've every right to be proud mate. Congratulations to your Niece.

That's great, BHM!! I didn't know your brother was Ajay Bhatt!! :lol:

Oh, come one. Someone had to. All joking aside, this is really cool. Congrats.

If it hadn't have been you... it would have been me,no problem! They get married next month & it's going to be a full-on Bollywood Wedding although the guy's as English as me.....definitely speaks it better.

My Mother in law was a tax inspector. I try not to hold it against her, but hey... She's my Mother-in-law! :D

Seriously BHM you've every right to be proud mate. Congratulations to your Niece.

Thanks Rad & the person whose day it really was, was my Mum,she loved every minute.

Very cool stuff, BHM. My dad was a local TV producer, so my sister and I would occasionally appear on TV either in the background or in productions where a little kid was needed. I actually starred in a little pseudo-educational short that they still play from time to time. I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. I wish someone would Youtube it.

W00T! Congrats!

Cool! You think you could get me one of those swords? I could use it to fend off alligators and tourists. :P

Okay, see? You're doing it wrong. You have alligators AND tourists. You should only have very well fed alligators. XD

Edited by TM2 Dinobot