UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back from the dead!

However.........if Cornerstorecomics can't shift the 90 complete sets of variant Wave 4 of BSG that have sat in their inventory at $10 a set for the last 2 months.......... "what would make it last, this time?" http://www.cornerstorecomics.com/index.cfm...;Product_ID=314

I think that has less to do with the BSG mates' popularity and more to do with all the credit card scam problems CSC has been dealing with in the last 6 (?) months...

I don't see your logic.

You both have valid points, however, regardless of my own personal leanings, I'm going to praise this line as (you may need to sit down) the single most successful line of Minimates outside of Marvel (and DC)!!! Six waves of 'mates (not including two classic sets, a "Razor" set, and the two counter-dumpers, 3 PX exclusives, numerous promotion 'mates...) plus vehicles...pure fact no matter how you care to spin it. By sheer numbers alone, it has no equal in the fair land of Minimatania or Minimatopia (again, outside of the comic realm)! It needed to be said. And as for "popularity" and "success" in regards to appearances in clearances, I can site a few movie-lines (that were no slouches in the box-office...Spiderman, Hulk, and Iron Man specifically) that are to-this-day residing at nearly give-away prices with little to no takers. Production numbers could be a factor, but this is neither here nor there.

The bottom-line is...Mk II Mini-fliers FTW!! :buttrock:

*Oh, and be sure to check-out "The Plan" and "Caprica" coming-soon. ;)

Edited by cdubya

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While you can't argue with the number of products they've put out, you can argue about success. We got four waves in the original go, many of which you can still find on numerous websites, as BHM pointed out. After their limited success, DST couldn't find enough interest to warrant waves 5 and 6. The Caprica box set was canceled as well. The Razor box set also seems to have performed below expectations, as DST has been quoted as saying they are done with that particular part of the BSG universe. Along comes TRU to save the troubled line. They're on board for two waves of Minimates, and DST have pretty much said that they'll be done with BSG after that. Neither TRU wave has sold in my area. I don't mean slow sales, I mean no sales. I bought the entire first case of BSG a good month after it hit shelves in my local store, just to help clear the peg. The second wave hasn't moved at all either, and I probably won't show mercy on it this time.

That doesn't sound like success to me. DST may have made their money on preorders, but that doesn't mean the retailers aren't eating it hard trying to get rid of these.

I think that was part of the deal they had with Diamond. Diamond needed a deal with Toys r Us. Toys r Us said they wanted figures that had vehicles ( I think this was said in one of the Q & A's), so I believe thats when Diamond told us all these ( wave 5 & 6) were canceled. Then a couple months down the road they announced the deal with TrU, and told us all about them "resurrecting" the line.

Edited by mav-man

Went to TRU yesterday looking for any new GIJOE's and stumbled upon the Viper mini-flyer. Only one there so I just snapped it up without hesitating. Haven't opened it yet but I plan on using it for Apollo. Its cool that there are stickers so I don't have to put the hot dog sticker on it.

Just opened it yesterday. Pretty neat that they have stickers for Apollo, Starbuck and Hotdog so you can choose. Nice.

Edited by EricM

i found the flyers too, 2 of each, they are just sitting there. it has been about a week. kind of sad, but $14 for each is a little high for. also i am still burned over speed racer so it may take so time before i can get into minimates with vehicles

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly I wouldn't be surprised if these got cancelled. My TRU has 6 of each Viper and Raider on the pegs that have been there for a couple weeks. I know the PX set is seperate from the TRU stuff but if sales falter there I'm sure pre-orders for the PX are having similar issues.

Glad to see "Red-Stripe" (and confirmation of the PX releases), but a little disappointed that it got stuck with the unique Raider that most will only want one of. Had the timing been different, it would have been so much cooler to put the "Red-Stripes" with the standard TRU Raiders (for troop-building) and reserve the non-canon "Gold" for "Scar".

While this is probably the last 'hurrah', I'd still like to believe that DST has a few more surprises *cough*MkII.

Oh, come on. Really, DST?? REALLY?!?! A. Red Stripe is beyond cool. B. YOU DO NOT PUT HIM IN A $30 TWO-PACK WE ONLY NEED ONE OF WHEN WE WANT TONS OF RED-STRIPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: That is just wrong beyond belief. I wanted a ton of Reds to go up against the non-rebels. Why in God's name woul they think this was a good idea?!?!?! No one wants one Red-Stripe, and no one NEEDS more than one Scar/BD Mk VII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the point of there being ONE Scar and ONE BD Kara Mk VII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You cannot fathom how mad i am right now. :angry:

On a lighter note, Kara looks great. The only issue i have is the hairpiece. I love Power Girl's, and it has many great uses, but i don't think it fits. I mean, i gave an extra Kara one of my Ultimate Thor's hairpieces, and it works great; it fits the older-Kara style. This, while i get the whole "looks messed up" style, just doesn't seem to fit. It's nice to see she has an under-tampo and flight-suit, though.

No doubt, that is a bit of a pisser and is completely backwards. But (and I can't believe I'm doing this) in their defense, I imagine that due to design and production taking place way before these were/are released that they may have been unaware of the "Red Stripes" and their importance at that point...or they're just dicks! :P At any rate, I suppose that we should just be grateful that we are getting them (er...one) at all. Though, in the unlikely event that we get anything else from this line, I'd have saved "Red Stripe" for a special pairing with a Colonial Marine (I know I've said it a million times, but it would have been an awesome troop-builder...and necessary IMHO). Sure one could just custom paint a few for their collections, but it's just not the same as an actual release. Besides, I have fewer standard Cylons to spare for custom projects due to the odd pairings; now* gold Cylons I unfortunately have an abundance of (too bad they didn't exist...because they were an unnecessary command-level in the new story)!

Kara is decent with the tampo, but (here I go dreaming again!) I'd have put the BD (aka:Kara corpse) in a "BD" MkII for show-accuracy. Of course I'd have done quite a few other things that would put the company out of business (Raptors, Cylon-War Vipers and Guardian Raiders for example)! :biggrin:

*I'll gladly trade Gold Cylons for any loose standard Cylons anyone might have (though I doubt I'd have any takers).

Edited by cdubya

Does anybody here on the board have pics of the mini fllyers with their respective stickers added to them? I'm not to sure where they go and would like to see a visual instead of a step by step explanation. Can anyone help me out?

I think we should just be glad that any more BSG mates got made at all. When they cancelled the Caprica set and the final two waves, i thought that was it.

Found the PX Mini-flyers today at my LCS. I couldn't afford to pick them up just yet, after dropping $60 on Marvel and Terminator. But they are out there, if anyone is looking. They were priced at $16.99 at the store I went to.