UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toys R Us Marvel Minimates exclusive in Toyfare

hellpop

TRU was formerly really great--so great that they became the imposing "Wal-Mart" of toy stores, forcing places like Lionel's Playworld, Children's Palace, etc. to all go out of business, until they were the only major toy store left. Then, they got fat and lazy, and sat on their laurels. "Customer service? Clean stores? Re-supplying popular toys? Who cares? People will still come to us to buy their crap, because we are all they have left!" Problem is, people can go to. . .Wal-Mart! Which is cheaper and more convenient for little kids' stuff, and adult collectors can go online to buy whatever they need, for the most part. So, the incentive to go to TRU no longer exists. They should focus on one or more of their more serious problems if they want to save themselves, IMO (though at this point, there may be no saving them).

TRU is just garbage all the way around, and I don't think the exclusives are going to save them. I've formally complained to TRU Corporate about my local TRU in the past, but no one really cares, and things never change.

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose this is more back on topic, but has anyone considered using the Wonderman head for a Scott Summers custom? I've thought about getting an extra whenever I find these just for that.

yeah that was one of my first thoughts when i saw him. i don't think i will get 2 but use wm as civil summer.

Sweat Christmas!

I just thought about that theory Veidt might pulling the strings behind all this and I thought, well, why not ask Mulder and Scully to check that. But then I thought, if this might be that a big fish, if there is someone that big going to bump in the dark, we probably need someone even bigger to bump back. So I called BPRD! That's right. The frakkin' Bureau! And here is what Kate Corrigan told me: Letters DST and TRU don't only connect with the T in the center (as in DSTRU - which, by the way, is a lapse Veidt might not have realized yet!), BUT: Guess what? When counting the number of letters between the coresponding letters in DST and TRU - from D to T, S to R and T to U - you receive the number 44. 44 Divided by the number of involved companies - 2 - is 22! And the 22nd letter in the alphabeth is the frakkin' V!!!! :ohmy:

I knew it! I just knew it. You don't want to hear it, but I keep tellin' y'all!

:geek:

Sorry.

Lack of sleep.

Back on topic.

:yes:

That's fine, and I know Bob is a guy with a great sense of humor, but how would you feel if you were a member of a board in a forum language, and people were ragging on you for spelling something wrong in their language? Just seems a bit cheap, IMO.

That's fine, and I know Bob is a guy with a great sense of humor, but how would you feel if you were a member of a board in a forum language, and people were ragging on you for spelling something wrong in their language? Just seems a bit cheap, IMO.

I was kidding and I didn't know Bob was "forum."

I was kidding and I didn't know Bob was "forum."

I would never do such a thing! I was instead referring to the fact that we are all forum to Bob.

I was also apparently proving my point about the inability of many English speaking "boardies" to spell correctly.

how about you 2 get a room and have make-up sex already? :P

I'm not sure how mascera and lip stick work into that, but I think I'll pass.

And, yes, it should sound cheap. I intended it to be that way. :thumbsup:

Mascera & lip stick are obviously cheap versions of what many of us knew as mascara & lipstick.

Sorry about the spelling, but I don't use them much. I try to go more for the natural look.

Oh, and has anyone heard that there's Wonderman/Union Jack Minimates at Toys R Us' right now?

There aren't any near me that have them :(

Oh, and has anyone heard that there's Wonderman/Union Jack Minimates at Toys R Us' right now?

No, but mine has plenty of Kraven/Black Spidey and Hulk/Abom packs.

I'm actually surprised to hear that. None of the TRU that I hit regularly still have any of those left!

Interesting to see that TRU are investing heavily on their 'on-line' future . http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7923433.stm

Very interesting indeed... It's what I was thinking of earlier when people were complaining of customer service issues. Are they focusing more on the e-tail aspect of instead of their stores? In some cases it seems so. Much like a certain Colorado based comic store and online retailer.

There's always that thought of, 'If I could go back in time, I'd..." that's always followed by some kind of thought associated with what you could invest in or have bought. Who knew at the time that you could cheaply buy a virtual name like 'toys.com' and sell it for $5m later.

Hopefully, they're willing to make sure it works right. I'd say about half of the times that I've used their site, something gets screwed up or done wrong.

I've called all of the tru's near me and it seems none of them are going to be getting any of the new mates. As a matter of fact they never even carried any of the last few waves. So it seems I'm going to have to do the evilbay thing to get the exclusives. Unless someone here wants to help me out :) *hint hint*

I'm actually surprised so many of you have seen your 'Mates sell out. The only ones people around here seemed to pick up (apart from myself, of course) were the Iron Man sets. I'm glad to hear it, of course. Minimates selling is always good, but they sure have warmed the pegs at both my local TRU, and the one near my parents' house (last time I was there).

Now the DCUC figures won't stay on the shelves for more than 5 minutes, but that's another issue.

*hint hint*

Hurm. . .

I called around today. One store is already sold out of these (they sold out very quickly of the first sets also) and another has 16 packs in stock. It's a 45 minute drive and I'm assuming when I get there the WM/UJ sets will be the ones gone from the cases. I wish these'd show up on-line already.