UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

In case you missed them in the Secret Santa and Birthday Elephant threads, I was able to make 2 new customs in the past few weeks:

Goblin Queen

goblin_queen_zpsbaee0e8d.jpg

Mojo

mojo01_zps0d0be95d.jpg

mojo02_zps7012d8d9.jpg

It felt great to be making customs again after a long hiatus. I finally have a little bit of time each week for customizing, so I am going to start making new customs regularly. I am also going to make a longer write-up about Mojo for Minimate Factory, which has also been collecting dust for a few months.

The phrase "Shut up and take my money" has never been more appropriate, if a small run of Mojo was made(even unpainted) let me be the first to sign up for one. Amazing work as always Luke.

I am working on a few small changes to the design, and then I am definitely considering making a small run of "kits" to make him.

The phrase "Shut up and take my money" has never been more appropriate, if a small run of Mojo was made(even unpainted) let me be the first to sign up for one. Amazing work as always Luke.

I am working on a few small changes to the design, and then I am definitely considering making a small run of "kits" to make him.

YES!

Thanks guys!

Luke, I appreciate the effort, but is it okay if I don't like it? It doesn't seem very Minimate-y. The proportions are off. I can see you put a lot of work into it, but it is not very aesthetically pleasing to my taste. Maybe if you SD'd it more?

Not everyone has to like it. One of the changes I will be making is making the head slightly smaller. Other than that the proportions should be correct to a minimate body. The proportions of his tail and legs were taken from source art and other figures. Mojo's gut size seems to change from artist to artist (or maybe he goes on diets?), and I went fairly conservative while still trying to make him obese. I added the double chins last. Before those it just didn't look like Mojo to me.

• 1 year later...

It has been over a year since my last update? Cripes I need to customize more often! I am still working my way through my retirement commissions. Here are the ones I finished recently:

Hush
hush2_zpsefozwkry.jpg

Extra on eBay here: http://goo.gl/ljEj8s

Mongul

mongul_zpsb09ccacc.jpg

No extras of this one. You might have seen him in a CustomCon last year. I wanted to make him big, but not super bulky, so I just gave him a big chest piece, waist riser, and gloves.

Age of Apocalypse Colossus

aoa_colossus_zpse98f68df.jpg

No extras of this one either. There is a write-up on his creation over at the Minimate Factory.

Brainiac (New Krypton)

brainiac01_zps32e1bd0c.jpg

brainiac02_zps4b1bf1e0.jpg

Brainiac was also in the CustomCon entry from last April. I just never posted them here.

Captain Cold

cap_cold_zpstoqbxepn.jpg

Also from CustomCon. Fixit Sculpt for hood and fur lining. Chest piece cut from white plastic sheet. Extra on eBay here: http://goo.gl/ljEj8s

Solomon Grundy

grundy_zpsc3405d73.jpg

Extra on eBay here: http://goo.gl/ljEj8s I also have a write-up on his creation here.

Arkillo

mongul_zps92222123.jpg

Head sculpted with Fixit Sculpt. Nightcrawler hands. And just like Mongul, I wanted to bulk him up a little without reaching Hulk proportions.

Turok the Dinosaur Hunter

turok_zps6gtdvnhb.jpg

A present for my Secret Santa from this past year. Based on his early Valiant appearances.

12th Doctor (Peter Capaldi)

12thDoctor_zpsrx4040fw.jpg

A present for my Birthday Elephant. Anyone know who this coat is from? I didn't modify it at all. I wanted to make an extra for myself, but couldn't pinpoint the coat.

12th Doctor (Peter Capaldi)

12thDoctor_zpsrx4040fw.jpg

A present for my Birthday Elephant. Anyone know who this coat is from? I didn't modify it at all. I wanted to make an extra for myself, but couldn't pinpoint the coat.

Senate Hearing Tony Stark, perhaps?