UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

waves 23& 24

bilbofett

I cant wait to get Cloak & Dagger. Nova and Gamora will rock too. I dont mind Rhodey being the chace since WM will never have his helmet off. To me Spymaster is a bit of a wasted slot. I would rather have The Manderan or The Living Laser,

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooray! Shocker!

He was always my favorite Spidey villain. I like him because he isn't overly concerned with killing Spider-Man... he just wants to make some quick bucks. All the other villains are masterminds who attempt to destroy Spider-Man, Shocker is just your average criminal.

Honestly, I never thought he would be made. Especially with Vulture, Elektro, Rhino, and Scorpion still needing mates.

to Joe Hill:

Just to let you know... Rhino already has his own mate. : )

ON topic:

just so people know both waves are already on BigBadtoystore.com for pre-order. Can't freaking wait until december.

I hate to say it but it doesn't even matter if the spider-man mates suck, I'll be ordering a whole set for the villians and just because I love spider-man.

Save for the Rhodes as chase, all very good news.

I have no objection with a new Black Spidey, that two pack is basically "Fearful Symmetry" with Kraven, but I'm torn on full mask which would be a way to uniquely and definitively make it different than the original, but which make bulkier than most Spideys.

omg, more spidey, just what we need -.-'

okay the cosmic spidey interest me, but more spidey????

maybe a cyborg spidey could be cewl

more villains are pretty cewl too though :)

soooo, when is the wolverine wave being released :P

I'm out sick for a couple of days and this news hits!

As anyone sensing a mostly part reuse wave with #24?

Spider-Man = blank Minimate, possibly slip on mask and hair (given recent trends, webline doubtful)

Shocker = blank Minimate, possibly Juggernaut hands

Cosmic Spider-Man = blank Minimate, possibly Iron Fist chi piece

Transformation Venom = Transformation Venom from SM3, hair piece

Back in Black Spider-Man = blank Minimate, possibly slip on mask and hair (again, webline doubtful)

Tarantula = blank Minimate, Iron Fist mask

The only ones who would really warrant new parts would be Kraven and his vest (if they do him proper) and Tarantula's shoes. Shocker might get some new sculpts for the hands, but Juggs hands have worked for everyone else who has ever customed a Shocker, so I could see AA going that route.

All that being said, its three new villains and a Spider-Man variant that people actually want. Surely we can stomach a couple of needless Spideys for a wave with 4 villains in it.

As far as the re-emergence of the black Spidey, I think it is a necessary evil, and one we'll likely continue to see so long as they make popular characters into variants.

Oh, and Rhodey as the variant sucks ass.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that Cosmic Spider-Man never even encountered Venom, as Spidey had parted with the Captain Universe powers well before he acquired the symbiote.

Edited by drgnrbrn316

soooo, when is the wolverine wave being released :P

just remember that next year is the release of the Wolverine movie....I expect that we will see more wolvy minimates next year for sure! not that it would really be a bad thing(ducks) but with Sabertooth in the movie I am hoping that it'll be finally time for him to recieve a proper minimate as well

On Topic: I can see dragons point about this being a parts reuse wave.....after all the new pieces in the waves before it I think it would be about due though

Jeff of the Miniacs

just remember that next year is the release of the Wolverine movie....I expect that we will see more wolvy minimates next year for sure! not that it would really be a bad thing(ducks) but with Sabertooth in the movie I am hoping that it'll be finally time for him to recieve a proper minimate as well

Yeah, but from the pics I have seen of Liev as Sabretooth, he looked pretty far removed from the 'tooth of the comics. Honestly, I would be a little peeved if we got two movie-'tooths, neither of which really resembling the comic character that we know, before we get a decent comic likeness.

http://conversationalball.com/wp-content/u...oth_3508-sm.jpg

Yeah, but from the pics I have seen of Liev as Sabretooth, he looked pretty far removed from the 'tooth of the comics. Honestly, I would be a little peeved if we got two movie-'tooths, neither of which really resembling the comic character that we know, before we get a decent comic likeness.

http://conversationalball.com/wp-content/u...oth_3508-sm.jpg

While a movie version wouldn't be ideal, if you look at the massive amount of Iron Man related stuff rolling our way to tie in with the movie release, you can almost expect an equal amount of comic book related merchandise to tie in with Wolverine next year. Considering Wolvie is one of DST's golden boys, then that doubles the odds in favor of Wolverine goodness.

Since Deadpool and Sabretooth are both featured in the film, it wouldn't be a stretch to see them show up next year.

Spidey is a pretty popular character for kids, and sells a lot of toys and merchandise. So a Spider-Man Minimate wave could be an easy sell to a toy store like Toys 'R Us (aren't they supposed to start carrying Minimates again soon?).

Excellent point. We stocked up on Minimates Waves 19 and 20 before Free Comic Book Day this year, and the pack that we kept having to restock the most throughout the day was Spidey and Mysterio.

Consider all the boxsets, and the waves that have been announced recently. I think it's awesome that we're getting so many more marvel minimates (alliteration anyone?). And a lot of these are coming out before year's end. With all these minimate lines being cancelled; Street Fighter, 24 and DC(?), DST is almost saying yeah it's another Spidey wave, yeah it pisses people off, but Marvel Minimates are going strong and there's another wave gonna come out soon after this one. 24 waves and boxsets, how many other toy lines can say that? Other than Spawn. Besides as others have said it's not always about the fans, 3 more spideys will scoop up kid consumers too.

Personally when the wave comes when we get all the fan-favourites together; Deadpool, Gambit, Moon Knight, that's the wave that I'll be concerned for the future of Marvel Minimates.

I say be patient, and besides now I don't have to make a Tarantula custom.

While I'd prefer the wider variation of characters like Wave 23, I'm still onboard with the Spidey wave.

I don't see why people are down on Tarantula being the variant, since he's a minor villain that would likely not stand well on his own in a wave. Would you honestly rather have Electro or Vulture in that slot?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spymaster has a peg hole

I think you meant to say that the prototype Spymaster has a peg hole. ;)

This actually happened before with Luke Cage when he had a peg hole in the middle of his beanie when we first saw him but the final version did not. There was uproar but it was just a simple prototype mistake on DSTs part, I believe. So I wouldn’t be concerned at all.

Yeah, Spymaster won't have a hole in his head unless he shoots himself.

Funny you should say that. The Target version of Professor X had a hole in his head, at least a full year before he'd get a hole blown in his head by Bishop in the X-Men books. Are you guys on the inside track on this stuff, or was it just sheer luck?

I'm with the cow. I'm a huge Spider-man fan and a new wolverine doesn't sound to bad. Lets see... right now we have:

Wolverine: 13 Versions

Spider-man: 24 Versions (With gold, silver, and santa) and 3 Upcoming

Captain America: 6 versions and 1 upcoming

Iron Man: 7 Versions and 7 Upcoming

Of those we still need a battle damaged Wolverine, adamantium skelton wolverine, six arm spider-man. Personally. But the only thing I can ever find to complain about is the slip over masks. yeah they sound cool on paper but just can't be executed on the figure without making them look funny. Same with the interechangable figures. yeah it might work with Iron man but not peter parker. If you add anything on him to try to make it look like your adding a costume it makes him look to big and well... fat! Of all of the spider-man figures the only ones I don't like are the riot attack spider-man (which is a given) and the non-preview pack symbiote spiderman from the movie. He looks like one of the retired spider-men you see at the conventions. Its really sad.

The only mates I really need out of wave 23 are Rhodey Warmachine, Cloak, Dagger, and Spymaster.

Wave 24 sounds fantastic, being a Spider-man fan myself.

I'll be buying every one of these, including Tarantula. Especially since I don't have a Symbiote Spider-Man, and this should be close enough.

Even if Back in Black had a fabric version...

You're all going to be incredibly disappointed when the Back in Black version ends up being Spidey in an AC/DC shirt.

The more I think about it, the more I agree that a build-a-Parker figure by swapping parts seems impossible. Even if you could cover the spider shirt with a coat or worse, cover a shirt with a spider shirt, you'd still have spider pants to consider, not to mention swapping out gloves and boots. So, you'd have to include well over half of a new figure just to make a second character out of the first. I'm thinking the build-a-Parker idea will go the same place MZ Black Panther's cyborg limbs went.

You're all going to be incredibly disappointed when the Back in Black version ends up being Spidey in an AC/DC shirt.

The more I think about it, the more I agree that a build-a-Parker figure by swapping parts seems impossible. Even if you could cover the spider shirt with a coat or worse, cover a shirt with a spider shirt, you'd still have spider pants to consider, not to mention swapping out gloves and boots. So, you'd have to include well over half of a new figure just to make a second character out of the first. I'm thinking the build-a-Parker idea will go the same place MZ Black Panther's cyborg limbs went.

Well, if they don't give it blue highlights, the black pants could be okay. I can see something similar to Sandman's chestpeice from the SM3 wave working for Peter, even if it'd be a little bulky. Then, all you really need are arms and hands.

What I'm more concerned about is Transormation Venom. I cant find a way for that to easily turn into the 616 Eddie Brock figure I crave without becoming the exact same figure as the last transformation Venom.