UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

which do you like better? BSG vs ST

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which line do you like better?

• BSG
    • ST
    • neither
    • toss up

Both BSG and ST have their supporters. Maybe it's just when I grew up, but I really can not get into ST. I've got the first wave, would love to get the 2nd, and the mirror mirror set, but really that's it. As ashamed as I am to admit it, the TNG mates do little to nothing more me, as do mist of the OT characters. But still.

Now BSG on the other hand, I have multiples of all the waves, a huge army of Cylons, it's the only line that I've ever actually pre-ordered anything for. And you want to know the kicker. I have never even seen 30 seconds worth of this show. And yet I love the mates with a passion. How weird is that?

Kind of a tough vote, because I really like both. I got ST wave 1 and 2, but, I'm ashamed to admit, I skipped 3. I may get Mirror Mirror for custom fodder. However, I grew up during the heyday of TNG/DS9, so I'm really looking forward to those crews getting filled out. So I guess this is more a vote for the potential of a line.

I probably like the original Trek and current BSG equally as shows, but for the figures, I strongly prefer Trek. Much more iconic, which is key to my enjoyment of Minimates. As much as I like the BSG show, the figures mostly appear generic and bland to me for some reason. . .

Edited by karamazov80

I was a little unsure as to what we were comparing. But after much soul searching I figured this is a forum for minimates so we must be comparing minimates. I picked BSG over ST because those figures are so much cooler and come guns and holsters, plus Cylons! and ST really is just Kirk and Spock variation. now I my (and Most likely will) change my mind when the TNG and DS9 comes out, those guys are sweet.

Show wise ST wins hands down. In my mind TNG is one of the finest show tv has to offer.

For me, I've grown up with Star Trek and have/had lots of ST figures and toys. I've always been a hardcore Trekkie, but the lack of variation of the toy lines (Multiple Kirks & Spocks along with wave after wave of the primary characters in obscure (and uninteresting) costumes has really made it hard to get excited about another toy line with the same themes. Playmates hit a lot of different characters, but ultimately got back to the Picard as a borg, Picard as Dixon Hill, Old Man Picard, Picard as a Romulan, Jacket Picard, old uniform Picard, New Uniform Picard, alternate timeline blue uniform exclusive Picard, Tapestry Picard, smuggler guy Picard called Galen, transporter Picard, Drag Queen Picard, Picard in a wheelchair with a suit (oops! Wrong movie) and so on.... you get the picture)

I think BSG has done a better job of getting at the core of the license by getting a great variety of different characters with few duplicates. I also like that BSG has an edgier, more realisitic feel (probably a sign that I'm too old to be collecting toys) and less aliens with big ears and and ass-crack on their head.

Edited by captain_cbecker

Trek classic and BSG classic are both a draw for me. Maybe Trek would be a slight notch higher.

New BSG vs new Trek? No contest. BSG hands down.

That about sums up my opinion of the shows. However, as far as minimates go, I've got to say that I've had more fun customizing my Classic "rag-tag fleet" of Galactica 'mates than just about any line to date.

BSG is a no-brainer for me. But most people know that I am a die hard BSG fan, like.... really bad.

Great poll, it is kinda sad there are no Stargate mates to give the poll a third option. (not like they would get the vote though :P )

I probably like the original Trek and current BSG equally as shows, but for the figures, I strongly prefer Trek. Much more iconic, which is key to my enjoyment of Minimates. As much as I like the BSG show, the figures mostly appear generic and bland to me for some reason. . .

I couldn't have said it better. I've barely watched TOS, or any Star Trek, but I love the colorful uniforms! The BSG is all olive green and navy blue. Ugh...

Do own Baltar though. He's badass.

I like BSG for their customizing potential...evil robot army, futuristic Air Force, blue Navy officer's uniforms, and generic civilians all in one series.

This was why I started getting them. I thought the human pilots would be great for an anti-mutant group and the Cylons could be invading the Marvel universe.

I have all the BSG mates (except the exclusive Starbuck) and I am now hooked on the show.

All because of my love for the mates.

And my love for evil robots.

And now my love for the new Boomer! :wub:

Oh, and I never got into Trek. I have always been a Star Wars fan.

Tough to vote, since I have zero interest in the classic BSG figures, moderate interest in ST, and lots in the new BSG. Honestly, I can't imagine a more stark disparity in quality then exists between the new BSG and the original. If only the poll made a distinction....

I love BSG the Show and the Mates. I was a completionist until the new Star Trek stuff came out. I've never watched the show and have no desire to get the mates. I am very interested in JJAbram's new movie, so maybe I'll pick up some mates of the new movie if they do them. Until then, you guys can have them. neo