UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shamrock's lost customs: Fighting JC and Batman pg. 35

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, thanks guys!

Sire, like Dan said, it's from the Few Dollars More set, which has a lot of the best accessories, painted faces/torsos, and clothing items I've seen for Minimates.

I was surprised by the Emo Hair too, but looking at the pictures, that's what he did with it once his life and face were ruined. What a baby.

Anyway, here are the three faces the custom had, with the final one being on the right. I think I might make a fourth by adding a few more elements from the first into it.

HarveyHeads.jpg

Also, I repainted my old Scarecrow to match his dirty appearance in The Dark Knight.

miniScareRevamp1.jpg

miniTDKgroup1.jpg

Your Harvey Dent is brilliant!! The way the half hair piece comes out is very, very well done, Shamrock*! I really do like the make-up of your Joker as well, but his hair could somehow be a little more greasy.

___

* by the way, Shamrock is the name of the Irish Pub around here, I'm going to every monday to the weekly Pub-Quiz.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

Joe Hill, I actually the perfect head for a Gordon, just need to figure our how to do the glasses.

Nothing new lately, but I did get a new camera!

A Sony a200, a low-end digital SLR, but amazing nonetheless. And at $350 the deal was too good to turn down.

TwoFaceGlamour.jpg

JokerGlamour.jpg

Edited by Shamrock

• 3 weeks later...

Hurm, there seems to be a lot of Watchmen hype going around. While it's slightly annoying, it is producing Watchmen products finally (though maybe a bit too many), including IDW's great parody, Whatmen?! Since everyone is doing the Watchmen, I figured I would make the Whatmen. First up is Dr. NYC

"I am just a spoof of a comic character based on an iconic comic character based on a low-rent knock-off of another comic character. This whole cosmic self-awareness thing can get pretty depressing"- Dr. NYC

DrNYC1.jpg

DrNYC2.jpg

Dr. NYC isn't much different than Manhattan, so if I feel they're just too silly, I could easily make a new head for him.

And I don't know why, but every time I took a full body shot, something just got in the way. :biggrin:

Thanks for the comments everyone! It's good to know I was able to get some of the original art through. I guess that's what I'm going to have to keep trying to do, because I've given in and I'm making my own Watchmen set. Starting with a new face for Dr. Manhattan.

DrManhattan.jpg

It'll be a slow process due to budgets, parts, and vacations, but hopefully I'll be able to complete a Crimebusters set.

Oh, and I just saw the movie.

Quick review: I'll never be able to keep a straight face during the song Hallelujah again.

Edited by Shamrock

That is amazing. Ya see, i always hated seeing the translucent Dr.s on this board. While easy (too easy!!), i just always saw Osterman as a glowing, opaque blue man. You've represented him how i would and want too, and probably made it 200 times better. I love it.

And i take it that you are doing a comic Crimebusters set (not like them actually being "The Watchmen" in the film), so i guess you'll be making Laurie?? I'd love to see it, becuase i've been trying to piece together my own (i want both versions, film and comic), and have been thinking about Supergirl's skirt for her. just a thought, and i'd love to see if it would work. :)

That is amazing. Ya see, i always hated seeing the translucent Dr.s on this board. While easy (too easy!!), i just always saw Osterman as a glowing, opaque blue man.

Depends on what version.

There are parts in the movie where you can see his circulatory system, organs & bones through his skin. ;)

Thanks for the comments everyone! It's good to know I was able to get some of the original art through. I guess that's what I'm going to have to keep trying to do, because I've given in and I'm making my own Watchmen set. Starting with a new face for Dr. Manhattan.

DrManhattan.jpg

It'll be a slow process due to budgets, parts, and vacations, but hopefully I'll be able to complete a Crimebusters set.

Oh, and I just saw the movie.

Quick review: I'll never be able to keep a straight face during the song Hallelujah again.

awesome jobe man!!! consider this stolen!!!

thanks for sharing!