UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Oh, crap.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really, really hope this guy has no idea what he's talking about.

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseact...CAAF58F69641605

Am I late to the party? Did this already get debunked?

It was actually brought up in the DST hates Europe thread, so you aren't the first to read that, but you would be the first to start a topic about it, so props for that.

As for whether it's been debunked, Rad tossed a question about it into the Ask DST thread, but beyond that, there's really not much to say either way yet.

i posted about this in another thread but so far it ain't looking good

1: no new marvel product in the new jan08 previews

2: diamond has a sale on (mainly) marvel dst products last month

3: they never told us about "no more minimates in europe" we had to find out on our own

4: we get more exclusive & specials in the coarse of a few months then in the coarse of a year

5: we get the figures we've been on about for years

thinking about it all the exclusive's we've had at the end of this year could have been another wave but they new their time was up and made them as exclusive's just to try and get as much money as possible & without marvel as their "main" brand name they may not have thought the other brands could hold their own in Europe so aren't bothering with us :(

I am not sure what to think about this....I looked at a few places around the net but found no other news about this....I guess I just gotta sit tight and hopefully someone can get this all straight for us soon....would be kinda sad to lose the Marvel end of the minimates as they are the bigget part of the collection.

Jeff of the Minis

It really would be sad.

On one hand, they're delivering a lot of the fan-favorites we've been asking for in waves 19 and 20.

On the other hand, crap! You guys can't kill Marvel mates!

I guess all good things come to an end. Hopefully, though, this is all idle speculation.

I'd say that the lack of information on this in other media outlets is a good sign of just a misunderstanding, but at the same time, I don't imagine companies like to publish bad press about themselves unless absolutely necessary. Either way, I doubt that DST has chosen to drop the Marvel license, as it seems to be a big part of their company, not just in Minimates, but also in Marvel Select as well as the statues and busts they make. I imagine that if the license has somehow fallen from their hands, most likely to Hasbro's growing presence in the line, it's entirely possible that the Minimates are a separate property to the larger figures and thus would not be included in the Marvel license spoken of in that post. The specifics of that would require knowing the details of DST's Marvel contracts, which is not something they'd share with us, regardless of how close we are to the company.

The only reason I haven't posted a story about this on the HQ yet is because there just isn't enough information floating around to put together a credible story that would do anything other than spread fear to the masses.

Wow, look at all those pitchforks waiting to be waived :P

Did we stop to consider that this guy is getting confused with a limited time license of the Marvel Zombie license rather than marvel as a whole? - Just a thought...

Lets see if Mike Replies ( And yep you're right Mike is great guy) If not I'll contact Matt/Chuck and see what the scoop is...

T.

Wow, look at all those pitchforks waiting to be waived :P

Did we stop to consider that this guy is getting confused with a limited time license of the Marvel Zombie license rather than marvel as a whole? - Just a thought...

Lets see if Mike Replies ( And yep you're right Mike is great guy) If not I'll contact Matt/Chuck and see what the scoop is...

T.

god TBT i hope your right i love there marvel products!

They don't just call me High Priest Vigilante for nothing, you know...

Vig

I don't know if that's more or less worrying.

Thanks, I'll be awake all night thinking about that now :P

Jo

or should that be something else...

There are a few things that stick out to me...

1). The guy posted that comment over a month ago...

2). DST has said NOTHING since then.

3). The dude may just be overreacting due to the fact that there weren't any marvel products out that month.

What do you guys think?