UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Free Exclusive Web Armor Spider-Man Minimate Offer!

Shanester

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go away for a week and come back to this...

Definitely interested in any way to make it cheaper for international fans to try and gets these, mainly because the shipping options AFX offer are never friendly to Australians (3 betty boop bobble heads plus SF2 exclusive minimate 2-pack = $26.75US - cheapest/first option shipping $40US, next option a whopping $104US)

If anyone really wants this figure but doesn't want to jump through too many hoops, I would be willing to procure one in order to trade for a Minimate Nightcrawler. If anyone is interested, PM me. . .

--update: pending a trade with TBT!--

Definitely interested in any way to make it cheaper for international fans to try and gets these, mainly because the shipping options AFX offer are never friendly to Australians (3 betty boop bobble heads plus SF2 exclusive minimate 2-pack = $26.75US - cheapest/first option shipping $40US, next option a whopping $104US)

Oh my Goddess-I will never complain about shipping rates again. (Well, not loudly anyways). That's just disgusting.

I love this exclusive idea. We had no web armor Spidey offered to us fans, and now we do. DST makes money and stays in business, and AFX strengthens it's business in the MM world. Better for all of us collectors.

I used to believe that shipping costs were way off, mostly due to shipping rape by the ebay sellers, but I encourage anyone who does not know how much UPS charges to send a package to go to a UPS store and calculate a cost. If you still are mad after that, then boo hoo on this thread.

Thanks to DST and AFX for offering a chance to give us another awesome Minimate figure. I will enjoy playing with both of mine while reading threads where people are complaining about it.

WW4M

P.S. Shane is the shizzy, and has always been the shizzy, and will continue to dominate as the shizzy master! Also, just want to take the time to thank all the staff here who help out. Also, shouts out to Fujis, Jcastik, Jeff of the Minis, Cappy, Nervous, Reiden13, and Rad. And and even though I thought I would never say this, props to TBT, because even though he is a bit ill, he has glimmers of truth behind his obnoxious words. He brings that Jerry Springer, Maury Povich to the forum, so thanks.

I think I found the sweet spot for shipping. I ordered Minimates BSG 3 set, Trek 2 set, Defenders box, Street Fighter variant, BSG 2 set, and Buffy Palz Halloween box. Shipping came to $13.70. Only complaint is not knowing if I'm actually getting the Spidey promo.

E>

Okay, another attempt, ended up worse:

Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest 12-inch Davy Jones Action Figure with Sound - $24.99US

SF2 Player 2 Chun Li vs M. Bison Minimates exclusive - $2.00US

And again the only two shipping options AFX allows to Australia (everything else is "The shipping method you specified is not available to your address")

USPS Priority Mail International - $49.00US

UPS Worldwide Expedited - $124.31US

And just for giggles, let's try a single minimate 2-pack:

SF2 Player 2 Chun Li vs M. Bison Minimates exclusive - $2.00US

USPS Priority Mail International - $26.25US

UPS Worldwide Expedited - $72.74US

I used to believe that shipping costs were way off, mostly due to shipping rape by the ebay sellers, but I encourage anyone who does not know how much UPS charges to send a package to go to a UPS store and calculate a cost. If you still are mad after that, then boo hoo on this thread.

I agree with you on the point that AFX is not over charging based on UPS pricing.

Lets look at an example. (For the sake of argument, I'm using a Los Angeles zip code - 90001 - since I'm assuming my items would ship from their LA warehouse.) I live in Nebraska and my zip is 68124. If I ordered the POTC Cursed Jack vs Cursed Barbarosa set here are a few estimated shipping costs based on what I think the weight of the set is:

10 lbs (I think I'm over estimating that, but we'll figure packaging and box weight is included in there as well) the USPS site says shipping would be $18.25.

7 lbs would be $14.35.

5 lbs would be $12.90.

AFX would charge $19.10 for this shipment to go as USPS Priority.

Doing the same thing with UPS gets me the following:

5 lbs - $11.28 shipped

7 lbs - $11.94 shipped

10 lbs - $12.98 shipped

AFX would charge me $11.30 to ship via UPS Ground. AFX obviously gets a discount by shipping via UPS due to the volume they ship. Their shipping prices are not out of line and are reasonable, based on the examples above.

Okay, so I'm unclear here.

You HAVE to buy stuff from the holiday store only to get this? So other stuff, like the Defenders set, doesn't count, right?

I got fired a little over a month ago and don't really have much money to spread around.

Can anybody help me get one somehow? I mean, I'm happy to pay... just not 25.00 on stuff I don't want.