UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Defenders shipping soon!!

pioad

I got mine in the mail today. This is the best set ever. The only thing that's this good is the Avengers wave that came out not too long ago. DST/Marvel needs to release NEW characters like this. This really is a dream come true (dorky toy collector wise) and I can't explain how happy I am to be completing my set with these characters.

Hell yes!! It's a beautiful thing when DST ventures beyond the sea of endless-rehash. I could go for 1 or 2 of these every year if it's the only way possible. Even with Hulk's continual dimimitive height (I'd have preferred a Hellcat, Gargoyle, or Nighthawk personally!) this set shines brightly. Besides the "Giant-size X-Men" set (oh so many years ago), this is definitely the best boxset e'vah!! Here's hoping that DST continues this line of thinking and gives us boxsets of this caliber more often.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine in the mail today. This is the best set ever. The only thing that's this good is the Avengers wave that came out not too long ago. DST/Marvel needs to release NEW characters like this. This really is a dream come true (dorky toy collector wise) and I can't explain how happy I am to be completing my set with these characters.

Hell yes!! It's a beautiful thing when DST ventures beyond the sea of endless-rehash. I could go for 1 or 2 of these every year if it's the only way possible. Even with Hulk's continual dimimitive height (I'd have preferred a Hellcat, Gargoyle, or Nighthawk personally!) this set shines brightly. Besides the "Giant-size X-Men" set (oh so many years ago), this is definitely the best boxset e'vah!! Here's hoping that DST continues this line of thinking and gives us boxsets of this caliber more often.

Man, I think this is the best SERIES to come out of DST/Marvel even though it's a boxed set. It beats the shit out of some of the series that they've released. I hope they'll do more things like this. That is, release NEW characters.

In fact, this set is so good that it is going to get the honour of my first use of the dancing banana.

:banana:

I can't help it, it may be spam but...Peanut Butter Jelly Time! It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Well, I ordered mine last week. Can't wait to see if I was lucky enough to get myself an Armored Spidey. I had to buy 2 Defenders sets. The way I look at it, I was gonna open one and eventually order another one to keep mint, plus I (hopefully) will also be getting that special little spidey to boot. ;-) WIN WIN.

Well, I ordered mine last week. Can't wait to see if I was lucky enough to get myself an Armored Spidey. I had to buy 2 Defenders sets. The way I look at it, I was gonna open one and eventually order another one to keep mint, plus I (hopefully) will also be getting that special little spidey to boot. ;-) WIN WIN.

My guess is that they'll have this Web Armor Spidey around for a while yet, it's one of the reasons I haven't ordered a bunch of stuff I don't need or gone to any over priced ebay stores... I'm 99% certain you'll get your W.A.S.

T.

When they send you an electronic invoice, make sure that the Web Armor Spidey is there. I'm fairly certain that they haven't run out (or they should, in all good conscience, announce it), but they are mistake-prone. I placed two orders from them, and on one invoice, the WAS was not listed. I e-mailed them about it, and they said that they had made a mistake and contacted the warehouse so that it would be included in that shipment. . .they also send me two orders in one box, so I got a nice 8 dollar shipping refund as well, when I e-mailed them about it. Their customer support has been very excellent in my limited experience. . .but ultimately, if you paid over 25 bucks and got two Defender sets when they were listed as part of the promotion, then you should most likely get your Spidey.

Well, I already got the notice from the post office that my package is in. (I live in a rural area, i.e. ranch) I'll know by Friday cus that's the only day I have where i get out in time to go to the post office. I'll post back for the results. :lol:

I got mine, but have to wait til christmas to open them. :(

Is it me or are these minimates a different styled color than the older mates. These so far have been a more muted color than the brighter ones in the past. Like Classic wolverine for example or Doc Oc. Still haven't taken out Spidey. Looks great though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Defenders set is generally regarded as one of the best Minimate sets ever,Namor & the Doc. being instant incarnations of what I,for one, hoped they would be. So what ?

So why are AFX using a free WASp to promote them? Is it perhaps that they are not as popular as we here think they are? Of course there are many factors involved but ,for me, this is another bad omen! :(

Yes, this one. Around page 4.

kickass news, when a nearby LCS posted its weekly update i thought it was just that one store that decided to order them. i'll have a much easier time going to the one nearer me.

i'm getting an extra set to customize the namor. if anyone needs the others, let me know, in case i can't find a use for 'em.

kickass news, when a nearby LCS posted its weekly update i thought it was just that one store that decided to order them. i'll have a much easier time going to the one nearer me.

i'm getting an extra set to customize the namor. if anyone needs the others, let me know, in case i can't find a use for 'em.

i was totally surprised to see these at my lcs, but very happy so i dont have to pay a kajillion dollars on shipping from afx. Pick 'em up...the dr strange and valkyrie figs are totally sweet.