UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Defenders shipping soon!!

pioad

The jury is still out for me on the Hulk. There is something about him that seems to keep him from being perfect. Certainly a step up from the old Hulk though.

The problem with the Hulk is his chest is just a big cube, there's no sculpting at all like there has been on previous powerhouse chests.

And Mystery Man, I finally checked. Nina Myers' (the blue skirt from 24 Season 1) skin tone does in fact match Namor's. So instead of White Dress Six, one could use her. A quick bit of diluted nail polish remover will clean her feet right up.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Mystery Man, I finally checked. Nina Myers' (the blue skirt from 24 Season 1) skin tone does in fact match Namor's. So instead of White Dress Six, one could use her. A quick bit of diluted nail polish remover will clean her feet right up.

Excellent. Or, as I said above on this page, you can use one of the Hobbits' feet and remove the painted on stuff for a skin colored plastic underneath which matches the regular red dress Six's legs.

Also, the red dress Six has skin tone under her red-painted feet as well. Might be a little harder to get that red off, I don't know, but it's a possibility. It's good to know that not everybody has to have a variant Six to accomplish this quick fix.

Got my Defenders today! Wow, best set yet. Anybody make Hulk taller by slightly raising his torso till the purple on his PH chest is even with the upper edge of his hips? You get a nice bit of hight this way. Im thinking of making spacers for his ankles to squeeze a little more hight outta him.

are these arriving in comic book shops yet??

so glad you asked this was just posted today marvelousnews.com

A Diamond Select Release! Previously an Internet Exclusive! By popular demand comes this exclusive boxed set of four Defenders Minimates from Diamond Select Toys! Included are three never-before-released Minimates — Dr. Strange, Namor, Valkyrie — plus a new Hulk! Each Minimate…

- measures approximately 2” tall

- features multiple points of articulation

- limited to an edition of 3,000 sets

ITEM CODE: DEC074360

PREVIEWS PAGE 420

4-Pack..........$18.00

ahhh so this Exculsive to afx is now going to be available world wide though previews well thank you afx, thank you very much for charging us all way to much shipping, when in a couple months we could have walked into our lcs and bought these, hell buy 2, it still would have been cheaper then buying 1 from you with your p+p cost :P

oh for the days when this could have been worked out with torches and pitchforks and an angry mob!!!!!

*gets off soap box and resumes normal life*

ahhh so this Exculsive to afx is now going to be available world wide though previews well thank you afx, thank you very much for charging us all way to much shipping, when in a couple months we could have walked into our lcs and bought these, hell buy 2, it still would have been cheaper then buying 1 from you with your p+p cost :P

I should have f'n known.

If i was afx i would think how this might have damaged my business in the future, as saying this was an "exclusive to them" at the end of the day is false advertising & if any of the "big wigs" in charge read this you should at least as a token of good will/apology send out something us minimate fans really want, a web armour spider-man to everyone that ordered the defenders set thinking it was the only way to get, there giving them away anyway!!!

This is nothing new, all exclusives eventually spread around, if you make 3k sets of something eventually you're going to saturate the core buyers group and will sell to other retailers to offload the whats left.

In order for anyone else to be carrying this set at the moment they would have had to have bought from AFX, so in theory it is still exclusive, you're just getting it with a middleman, hence the slightly higher price.

Of course in all this pitchfork waving you people are ignoring that without AFX you wouldn't have these defenders!

T.

I saw this one coming.

Of course in all this pitchfork waving you people are ignoring that without AFX you wouldn't have these defenders!

T.

Or Web Iron Spidey. I have trouble betting behind the "I'd rather have it never be made at all" mentality that seems to run rampant with exclusives. *cough*BotCon*cough* To me it just boils down to petty jealousy and greed. I have something. You want it. You can't have it. You'd rather neither of us have it. Just cause I understand it doesn't mean I appreciate it. I'm grateful that we got both the Defenders and Iron Spidey from AFX. I'm even MORE grateful that I can get the defenders from CSC or my LCS (who doesn't stock mates :( ). I will be just as grateful once Iron Spidey starts leaking out away from AFX like it inevitably will.

So if you go to the to this url (http://www.actionfigureexpress.com/frirarspmi.html) and go to the Page 9 of the items you'll see the Defenders set is listed there.

So this means I could order 2 Defenders sets and get the Web Armor Spider-Man, right?

And what're you guys talkin' about with the Iron Spider-Man coming out through AFX. Is that confirmed or just wishful thinkin?

So this means I could order 2 Defenders sets and get the Web Armor Spider-Man, right?

And what're you guys talkin' about with the Iron Spider-Man coming out through AFX. Is that confirmed or just wishful thinkin?

Yes to the ordering two sets question, they put the Defenders set in the wintersale.

As for the Iron Spidey, That's just Dinobot getting confused, he and eveyone after that means the Web Armor Spidey.

T.

Yes to the ordering two sets question, they put the Defenders set in the wintersale.

As for the Iron Spidey, That's just Dinobot getting confused, he and eveyone after that means the Web Armor Spidey.

T.

I still maintain that the costume was made out of real iron/steel, he used iron chains to swing, and he looked more metal then the Civil War Spidey. Since he was around before, Web of Spider-Man #100 costume variant Spidey should be called "iron spidey". But hes not. I forget that though. It's part of my effort to block out everything related to Civil War ;p

I still maintain that the costume was made out of real iron/steel, he used iron chains to swing, and he looked more metal then the Civil War Spidey. Since he was around before, Web of Spider-Man #100 costume variant Spidey should be called "iron spidey". But hes not. I forget that though. It's part of my effort to block out everything related to Civil War ;p

I think you're missing the point... the costume was made by Stark... and fits the colors and built of an Iron Man costume... hence every one but you calling it Iron Spidey...

T.

I think you're missing the point... the costume was made by Stark... and fits the colors and built of an Iron Man costume... hence every one but you calling it Iron Spidey...

T.

I know that. (stupid, but I know that) I just forget.

T.

I know that. (stupid, but I know that) I just forget.

I think we've all forgotten about the steel spider!!!!!

wow if they made a minimate of him we could make a "web armored iron steel spider!!", if we ever get and iron spider, not to be confused with web armored spider-man......... or the steel spider!!

I got mine in the mail today. This is the best set ever. The only thing that's this good is the Avengers wave that came out not too long ago. DST/Marvel needs to release NEW characters like this. This really is a dream come true (dorky toy collector wise) and I can't explain how happy I am to be completing my set with these characters.