UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Haul Thread

minimadman

Damn. I hate it when that happens. And Kubricks are so relatively unpopular in the West, that (as you know) you do sometimes run across insanely good deals like that. But they also have a rabid, albeit small fan-base here that will sometimes make you work for something you want.

On a Kubrick-eBay related note, I recently purchased what is really my sole remaining "grail" of Kubricks--Dagobah Luke. Unfortunately, I wasn't exactly happy when I got it in hand. Can you figure out why?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290589610385&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Anyway, he agreed to let me send it back, but it's a bit of a bummer.

That looks like it's meant to be the Mickey costume from the parks, so I'm guessing there's a dehydrated teenager behind those cold, dead eyes :)

Good point :D

Edited by karamazov80

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I got something today. . .that just might be the geekiest thing I've ever bought (and that's saying something). It's so HUGE that these pics can't even do it justice. Roughly 6-7 feet tall and about 4 feet wide:

DSC_0025-1.jpg

I've got a Hot Toys Spidey, Minimate Hulk (if you can find him ;) ), and my dog there for scale. The dog is a small breed, but still. I got this from allposters.com. It's called a "Wall Mural." Pretty decent quality material, and the printout is very good. My wife convinced me to get this instead of 3 different comic covers roughly in the size of that Cap Annual 8 poster I've got next to it in this pic (that one's a normal sized 24" X 36" or so poster). I got this for less than $100 shipped with a 30% coupon, and allposters has a crap-load of different Marvel covers and other artwork. If you really want to geekify your collection room, you could do worse than this IMO.

DSC_0027-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope the seller ends up being legit. I recently picked up a Kubrick set myself that had been eluding me for some time:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150660908036?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Unfortunately, Tiger Mask's, er, Tiger Mask doesn't seem to fit on his actual head.

• 2 months later...

I had a really great Christmas Day, went to Sisters for Din Dins and opened my Presents, I got a Marvel Minimate 2pack! :tongue:

It had Phasing Vision & Hawkeye, I am most pleased with this present as I haven't actually had toys on Christmas day for years, probably since I was a kid!

Score for me, 2 more characters knocked from my wants list :lol: Hope everyone else got what they wanted!

Got wave 42/12, the "Sonicron" 3rd party Soundwave, and the comemerative Seacon set. And a copy of MvC2 for the PS2... so the boys could play it of course. Boy got lots of Legos, some MU, some Ben 10, Imaginext Batman, and Transformers. And I bought the wife a Nook. My family is happy, thus I am pleased.

My haul was a new house! We closed on it this last week and got the keys on Friday. We are cleaning tomorrow and moving on Tuesday. I spent most of my Christmas weekend packing and then got a bunch of new toys (for me and the kids) to pack up as well!

My haul today was some Entertainment Earth exclusive Star Wars Comic 2 packs, some Star Wars Books, MOTUC Wind Raider, TRU gift cards and cash so I was well pleased.