neolego

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Darnit!

My biggest mistake was leveling up ALL the characters. None of my characters are strong enough to destroy that stupid computer in time. ... Unless anyone has any suggestions?

Well, certain characters can probably handle a task like that better. My idea: Bring some heavy hitters (Luke Cage, The Thing, Captain America?)

• 2 weeks later...

Got my kids a Wii yesterday. Can't let 'em play it til Xmas though. :(

Stood in 5 degree weather for almost 2 hours to get it. Little bastards better appreciate it.... :D

I'm looking for a good racing game - any recommendations? (Already have Marvel Ult Alliance and Zelda, so those are covered.)

I think the only good racing game right now for the Wii is Excite Truck. The other choices are Need for Speed Carbon, GT Pro, and 4x4 Monster Truck, but all of those games have been getting pretty lousy reviews. Excite Truck is really fun. The only thing bad I can say about it is that I wish it had 4 player multiplayer instead of just 2.

I'm looking for a good racing game - any recommendations?

Sure, I have recommendations.....wanna hear?

I would say of those that are available on the Market, I would recommend Excite Truck without question. However, that is my choice. To be honest, I'm not a very big racing game fan. There are four games available as Luke has already stated. I've played them all of them and the only one that I own is Excite Truck. However, just to give you futher impressions:

4x4 Monster Trucks

-No.....just..no

Need for Speed: Carbon

-This was actually a decent game, even for the Wii. I've play it both on the Wii and 360. If you have both systems I would say that while it's fun to drive on the Wii, the 360 version is much, much better. However, if you only have a Wii and are a fan of the previous Need for Speed games than you shouldn't worry about picking this up. It's the classic Need for Speed Story and Pacing with new, well implemented Wii controls.

GT Pro

-OK, this game is actually a mixed bag. First, the good. The game is pretty deep. It's not Forza or GT but it's got a lot of parts and performance enhancements for the, also, large selection of vehicles. The game is designed with Cell Shaded graphics and they pull off a very nice look to the game, very unique. Also, the game is packaged with the Wii Steering Wheel which is a huge plus. 4x4 also comes with the Steering Wheel, but again....don't go there. All of that said, there is (IMO) more bad than good. First with the game it's self. It's a 2 year old port from the GameCube. I'm a stickler for up-to-date "rosters" if you will. I don't want to buy Madden and have Quincy Carter starting for the Dallas Cowboys. In the same vein, I don't want to buy a racing game and be driving a 2003 Corvette. Maybe that's being picky, but that's just me. The graphics are another thing to consider. While I said they pull off a nice Cell Shaded look, it's not perfect. It's not Wind Waker, let's put it that way. While I love the look of the game and hope that maybe in the future they will make a sequel with updated cars and better Cell Shaded graphics, it's just a very dated looking game. In the end though, if you are a hardcore racing fan (Forza, Sega GT, Grand Turismo) this will be the game that you will want on the Wii as it's the only one with extreme depth.

Excite Truck

-I did a brief Excite Truck review a few pages back so I won't take up too much space here. Needless to say this game is a blast. It's not deep or complex. There is not a lot of features and there is no customization other than the color of your truck. Worst of all it's only 2 player, this is a game that is taylor made for 4 player action. All of that being said, I own this game and I LOVE this game. It does what none of those other games mentioned do and that's put a smile on my face. I just can't help but move from the couch to my feet while playing and I just enjoy every minute of it. It also looks great and has a custom SD Card soundtrack option which is cool. If Burnout is your cup of tea, than Excite Truck is the ticket. It's not a game that to be played for hours and hours, that's what Zelda is for. But, for a quick pick up and play experience that will have you grinning from ear to ear, I would say Excite Truck is your best bet.

Again though, in the end it's all up to what kind of game you like to play. If you are more into realism or depth the GT Pro or Need for Speed would be great options, but my personal opinion is where I put my money and that was Excite Truck. neo

Got my kids a Wii yesterday. Can't let 'em play it til Xmas though. :(

Stood in 5 degree weather for almost 2 hours to get it. Little bastards better appreciate it.... :D

I'm looking for a good racing game - any recommendations? (Already have Marvel Ult Alliance and Zelda, so those are covered.)

Wise Decision my friend. :lol: Just Kidding But seriously your kids will like it, I'm sure ;) . Anyways Is/Has anyone getting/gotten one of those King Games from BK? I'm getting them soon enough. As a King fan I can't pass them down :lol:

Alrighty I'm not sure where to go with this question but this seemed like a good place to start.

I REALLY need a screen saver for my 'puterthat scrolls through the load screens for Marvel:Ultimate alliance anyone know where to look or have the skills and gear to make this happen? Please help I need this in a bad way!

If this is the wrong place for this let me know and I'll move the post or start a new thread or something

Alrighty I'm not sure where to go with this question but this seemed like a good place to start.

I REALLY need a screen saver for my 'puterthat scrolls through the load screens for Marvel:Ultimate alliance anyone know where to look or have the skills and gear to make this happen? Please help I need this in a bad way!

If this is the wrong place for this let me know and I'll move the post or start a new thread or something

What operating system are you using? All Windows OS have a screensaver called slideshow. Just point it to the folder where the loading screen images are.

What operating system are you using? All Windows OS have a screensaver called slideshow. Just point it to the folder where the loading screen images are.

Yeah I don't have the tech to capture the images from the game (or maybe its just know how as I continue to discover useful programs on my puter)

For people considering the BK games... Most of them are garbage, with the exception of Sneak King. In it you have to sneak up on people and deliver them hamburgers! If they see you, they'll run away screaming (like real life.)

Well, Not only did I get one game. I Got Them All! We went to BK and got all three for $10.99 (Buy all 3 and get it $1 off) Well, I have to wait until I get a 360 but I'm guessing It'll be worth the wait.

...:::Halo11701:::...

Hit the "Prt Scrn" on your keyboard to save an image from the game into your clipboard. Then open any image editing program, such as Paint, and paste the image into it and then save it as a JPG.

another hurdle, I don't have a PC version of the game although I may have a dvd-rom or some such, I'm not horribly computer savy and inherited this box for a "nameless" corporation through a friend of my ex-wife so I've been finding things like photoshop and excel tucked away in it. can you read a ps2 disc with a 'puter to gain these images?