UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 19 and 20: Thoughts?

Jatta Pake

Someone over at the Raving Toy Maniac forum cryptically hinted that we may see the following in the waves 19 and 20:

Ultron

Abomination

Apocolypse

Mysterio

Vision

Hawkeye

ArchAngel

Someone screwing around? Or a leak from someone in the know? Thoughts?

I predict wave 19 and 20 prototypes will go on display at SDCC. Who would you like to see?

Someone over at the Raving Toy Maniac forum cryptically hinted that we may see the following in the waves 19 and 20:

Ultron

Abomination

Apocolypse

Mysterio

Vision

Hawkeye

ArchAngel

Someone screwing around? Or a leak from someone in the know? Thoughts?

I predict wave 19 and 20 prototypes will go on display at SDCC. Who would you like to see?

Sounds like someone's dream list, too much so... it's someone screwing around or I'll eat my pimp hat ;)

T.

That would be great for two waves, but I really doubt it. I hope that there will be Gambit and Angel, obv Vision and Hawkeye, and more villains, especially Pyro, and a 2.5 or even 3inch Apocolypse

I don't think DST will show any new waves of marvel MMs at SDCC. What with the fact that waves 15, 16, 17 & 18 haven't even hit specialty retail yet, why would they unveil new Marvel stuff now? The only "NEW" Marvel stuff we will probably see will be exclusive 2 and 4 packs (i.e: Marvel Zombies and the Defenders).

My guess for wave 19... it'll be another Avengers wave.

I am sure, no matter what theme they come up with, we will see a Wolverine in at least one, if not both, of these waves. Waves 15-18 are devoid of him and that is waaaaaay too long without a Wolvie. At least for DST :)

I think that we will at least get one baddie though. Each of 14-18 has one (at least) so hopefully that trend will continue *crosses fingers*

God I hope there isn't another Wolverine. How many more varients of him can they think of. We already have 2 civilians of him, and him in a suit, and a good few of his costumes. Whats next? Swimsuit Wolverine?

Another Avengers Wave would be good, especially with the much wanted Hawkeye and Vision, and Ant-man and Wasp, but this would include no villians. I would love an all villians wave, like the army builder one discussed in another thread. Shield and Hydra agents, Skrull and Kree soldiers, plus two others, with a varient as either Super Skrull or Captain Marvel.

The Wolverine wave:

James Howlett (from origins) & "Dog" Logan

Wolverine (Evolution cartoon) & Wolverine clone (pick any version - X-23 would be nice...)

Weapon X (nude) & Weapon X (Team X)

Variant: Weapon X (Age of Apocalypse)

As you can see, there are many untapped Wolverine outfits to make.

Oops, I probably should not have given DST this list.

Although an Age of Apocalypse wave would be awesome.

NO MORE WOLVERINES!!!!!

Yeah I was thinking AOA Wave. Iceman would be good, but I'm not a big fan of the rest of their costumes in it.

Can we flesh out the 616 Universe before we start reality hopping again? The fact that we have Spider-Man 2099, DoFP Wolverine, and darn near every surviving character from the Zombieverse, not to mention three separate movie universes. With mum being the word on Iron Man, Hulk, and Fantastic Four movie licenses, here's hoping for several more strong 616 waves. We have a whole host of teams coming out of the Initiative, so do some of those. A few villain heavy waves wouldn't be bad either.

West Coast Avengers

Hawkeye/Vision

War Machine/Mockingbird

Ultron/Tigra

VARIANT: Vision from this cover: Link/Hawkeye

There's your Hawkeye and Vision along with some new characters in a viable Marvel team.

Can we flesh out the 616 Universe before we start reality hopping again? The fact that we have Spider-Man 2099, DoFP Wolverine, and darn near every surviving character from the Zombieverse, not to mention three separate movie universes. With mum being the word on Iron Man, Hulk, and Fantastic Four movie licenses, here's hoping for several more strong 616 waves. We have a whole host of teams coming out of the Initiative, so do some of those. A few villain heavy waves wouldn't be bad either.

PERFECT WAVE: Thunderbolts.

It's a Superhero team made of villains. There's a hero and villain wave made into one.

Bullseye/Penace

Mac Gargan Venom/Radioactive Man

Norman Osborn/Songbird

VARIANT: Green Goblin/Songbird

I remember seeing once in one of the Q & A's that DST said they don't plan to ever release an all villain wave, or even a two pack with only villains. The following will feature a question, followed by the same question as it appears in my head...

Why, in a wave that will no doubt be hero heavy, would a villain two pack be a big deal? (You've got six slots, two villains won't kill the line!)

As DST now seems to announce multiple waves at one time, often releasing them very quickly together, would an all villain wave really hurt the line? (This line is specialty market oriented, if Toybiz can make an all villain wave for mass market, you're out of excuses.)

Sorry, kind of wandered a little in this one, but I really suspect this lack of villain thing isn't about market research but more what someone else prefers. You can't convince me that average shopper would be more excited about Patch Wolverine than a well done Spider-villain....

I remember seeing once in one of the Q & A's that DST said they don't plan to ever release an all villain wave, or even a two pack with only villains. The following will feature a question, followed by the same question as it appears in my head...

what about a wave with 3 heroes and 3 villains.... each pack being a villain/hero 2 pack.... theres always hope B)

Ya know, this may be a stretch, but I bet Wave 20 (If not, probably 21 or 22) will be Iron Man Movie based Minimates, since it comes out next May

But that would require an insane level of smoozing on DST's part to get the license early enough, and past experience (X-Men 3, Ghost Rider an Spidey 3) doesn't really indicate they could...

But at the other extreme I'm really running out of ideas for likely suspects for new waves :(

what about a wave with 3 heroes and 3 villains.... each pack being a villain/hero 2 pack.... theres always hope B)

This is exactly how I have always envisioned the "perfect" Minimate line! The "yin to the yan", if you will. DCD got off to a great start and Marvel occasionally throws us a bone, but somewhere along the line it seems to lose it's balance. Don't get me wrong, recognizable allies are always welcome (for example: Booster Gold/ Blue Beetle, Powerman/ Iron Fist, Joker/ Harley Quin, etc. worked very well), but honestly, who wouldn't have preferred say: Capt. America/ Red Skull(or even C.A./Falcon for that matter), IronMan/ TitaniumMan(or Mandarin, etc.), Wolverine/ Sabretooth, etc. than the pairings we received in the past? Variations of costumes (like: Spiderman, Wolverine, Batman, etc.)and fellow team-mates(allies) could then be utilized more effectively paired with a new villan (as many heroes have a large gallery of enemies). It just frustrates me to look at my collection of multiple Spiderman, Wolverine, Thing variations and wonder why I don't at least have a more fleshed-out Sinister Six, Brotherhood, etc. (Honestly, how many Venom variations were neccessary?). It's for this very reason that I tend to harshly critique the Marvel line. Not for spite, ingratitude, etc. for what we receive, but rather passion for the plethora of characters (and more importantly, villans) that we do not receive after many trying-years of 'Mate collecting. Hopefully, DST realizes the error of their ways and re-evaluate their Marvel line (DCD may have "lit a fire under their a$$e$"!), or in the very least, play "catch-up" with some great specialty-market boxsets( Sinister Six, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, etc.)!

Exactly, especially the Sinister Six because whenever the idea of a new box set comes up or people talk about villians that's usually one of the first suggestions, and by putting out a lot of villains at one whack they would even the sides a bit more and would finally be able to satiate a lot of the Spider-fans who have been clamoring for them since day one, it seems like they could dispel the lack of villains complaint with that one move but for some reason it has yet to happen.

If they ever do release one though, I REALLY hope they replace Sandman with Hobgoblin so we can have both versions of the Sinister Six instead of YET ANOTHER Sandman.

If they ever do release one though, I REALLY hope they replace Sandman with Hobgoblin so we can have both versions of the Sinister Six instead of YET ANOTHER Sandman.

Oh, I'm sure that Venom, Carnage, and "Battle-damaged-spidersense-half-masked-missing-shoe" Spidey would find their way into the set too! LOL But seriously, enough with the Venom, Carnage, Sandman variations!! (although I am actually really looking forward to the SM3 Sandman w/base and arm-aments. These should have been included with the first and only Sandman IMO...best idea ever.). I don't really even care if it truly does represent the "comic-accurate" Sinister Six, it's absolutely obsurd that considering what a "big Spidey fan" Chuck is, we don't have a Scorpion, Lizard, Kraven, Mysterio, Electro, Shocker, Vulture, Hobgoblin, etc. considering how many Spiderman have been produced.

Oh, I'm sure that Venom, Carnage, and "Battle-damaged-spidersense-half-masked-missing-shoe" Spidey would find their way into the set too! LOL But seriously, enough with the Venom, Carnage, Sandman variations!! (although I am actually really looking forward to the SM3 Sandman w/base and arm-aments. These should have been included with the first and only Sandman IMO...best idea ever.). I don't really even care if it truly does represent the "comic-accurate" Sinister Six, it's absolutely obsurd that considering what a "big Spidey fan" Chuck is, we don't have a Scorpion, Lizard, Kraven, Mysterio, Electro, Shocker, Vulture, Hobgoblin, etc. considering how many Spiderman have been produced.

Carnage had one minimate made of him, so you can't really say he's an overused character

Carnage had one minimate made of him, so you can't really say he's an overused character

Fair enough, without starting an arguement over "character identities", I consider Spider-Carnage another Carnage (although I know it's more accurately another Spiderman)variation. That, and I have quite a few Carnages (yes, I know, the same "one") from purchasing 2-packs, 4-packs, etc. ...more than I personally want or need. While I could easily say the same for Captain America, Hulk, etc. being re-hashed in other sets, the point of my statement was more of a "joking-stab" (hence the LOL) that in the event that a Sinister Six boxset were produced, rather than giving fans all "new" figures, we would probably receive one or two with a bunch of re-hashed (or slightly modified characters, as in the latest Classic Spiderman boxset) minimates. Does that help to clarify things?

Back on topic. I'm hoping that 19 or 20 proves to be an Avenger(616) follow-up series. My picks (in no particular order or pairing)are:

Hawkeye (He missed the first-cut, but now that DCD's Green Arrow has been produced, most of the accessories are good to go.)

Vision (Again, sorely missed the cut. A "phasing" or "white" version could fill the variant requirement.)

Tigra (Check-out DCD's Cheetah and tell me she's not do-able.)

Black Panther (We're getting a "zombified" version this Summer, seems logical that a classic version would make this series.)

Giant-Man (See above ^. Granted, ideally he would be at least 3" or >, but "Hey, these are Marvelmates".)

Wasp (Ditto ^. Sure, a "zombified-head" doesn't qualify as a simple retool, but fan-demand is there.)

Iron Man (I have a "sneaking suspicion" that a cleaned-up "pointy-helmet zombie" I.M. will be released...Cool!)

Honorable Mentions (i.e. personal choices!):

Black Knight ( Retool a Dr. Fate helmet, throw-in Ares' sword, Cap's gloves, Hawkeye's boots(?), a Doom-ish cape and tunic, paint and call it a

day!)

Hercules (Thor needs someone to 'rassle with!)

Black Widow ( A simple figure to produce. She's been an Avenger, lover/ally of Daredevil, has connections with Nick Fury and if paired with

Hercules, would serve "subliminally" as a Champions set!!)

Moon Knight ( I'm throwing him in the mix simply because I always liked his costume. After playing with DCD's Spectre, it's apparent that his cowl

combined with D.D.'s billy-clubs, a blank white body tampoed, and a cape=neat. Besides, he has his own comic.)

Ms. Marvel/Warbird (Easily made with existing molds, looks great, and ties-in with classic and contemporary Avengers.)

What? Where are the villans you say? After all my bitching in other threads, I nearly forgot! How about:

Ultron ( With the likliness of Iron Man and/or Giant-Man, this seems like a grand opportunity.)

Taskmaster ( All of the accessory molds exist: shield, sword, bow, pistol and leg-holster, gloves, cape, cowl. Pairing him with Hawkeye would be

an awesome "first appearance" set, however, that's an a$$load of accessories between the two of them...they might need to be

separated!)

Baron Zemo ( A removable mask to show his jacked-up face would be "uber" cool.)