UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I on the other hand now have the money for a botcon set, after being broke the last two months.

Life ain't fair.

*waves wad of cash* still willing to pay for a bagged set if someone's willing to help.

Jo

Hey, has anyone found any of the new Transformers figures from the Movie? The street date is June 2nd, but I've seen reports of a few figures trickling out early. So, have you guys spotting anything yet? neo

Wow, guess I'm just such a casual fan it doesn't matter. In fact, I haven't even looked twice at a Transformers figure in years..........but I can't wait to get my hands on Jazz, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Barricade, and Optimus.

Speaking of, Hasbro just announced:

To coincide with the new Transformers movie trailer being released this week, we are now allowing retailers to sell all figures from the 81057 Movie Deluxe Figures, beginning immediately. All other movie product will keep the 6/2 street date. Please be patient with retailers as it may take a couple days for communication to filter down to store-level.

Enjoy a little taste for your huge Transformers appetites!

Source: http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default...54B1BE01FE35448

Looks like the Street Date has been Lifted for the Deluxe figures. I'm on the hunt after work :D. neo

Well, yes and no. I got Prime, Ravage Bumblebee and Soundwave from TRU.com, before they took down the listings. The others came from a Zellers in Canada.

Some Walmarts in the US are putting them out, but it's like the Spider man 3 stuff. They won't actually ring up.

MFing SOB! I can't find those any more! I needed to wait for my check, and then they were gone when I had the money.

Yeah, I have to pay through the nose to get Myclones. You know what is expensive though? PVCs. Man though things are pricey for how small they are.

MFing SOB! I can't find those any more! I needed to wait for my check, and then they were gone when I had the money.

Yeah, I have to pay through the nose to get Myclones. You know what is expensive though? PVCs. Man though things are pricey for how small they are.

Find what, MP Megs? Sorry to tease you... I was going batsh**-insane when everyone on Seibertron was talking about already having preordered it, then, they started getting them, and posting pictures...I got my tax return, and the first thing I did was get Voltron, and I thought, I should buy an MP-05, while TFScource has the modified ones in stock, but I didn't want to spend it all in one day. So, I waited. Once again, financial self-control screwed me over!! As soon as I thought it'd be safe to spend the $120 (after shipping), they were all sold out. So, I e-mailed them, and asked if there was a waiting list. There was, they put me on, and e-mailed me last week. I had to borrow money from my dad to get this (and, I'm almost 25, for god's sake!), but it was totally worth it. He is...amazing.

Again. Sorry to tease.

you'll have to excuse me i'm not huge into transformers but if you could answer a question: out of the transformers classics who's hard to get a hold of? I got a couple of starscreams an astro train a bumblebee and a jetfire. How hard is it to get grimlock?

Grimlock was super hard to get at first, but I've seen a few. The ones that are right now super hard to find are Starscream, Megatron and Jetfire. Astrotrain, Mirage, Prime and Cliffjumper seem to be the biggest peg warmers. Ramjet, Grimlock, Bumblebee and Hot Rod are give or take at this point. Magnus/Skywarp are long gone at this point.

Walmart should start clearanceing everything within the next few weeks.

Hope that helps!

I've seen a crap load of mirages acouple of jetfires around and one other astro train do you think it 1would be worth picking up to resell or as trade? 2Do you think someone would trade for a grimlock megatron or rodimus? 3I've also got an extra starscream do you think that would be worth anything? Sorry to bug you but minimates are really more my thing it's just these classics transformers are pretty cool and I want to know more. I've got a line on a ultra magnus/skywarp $25 4do you think that price is fair? :confused:

I've seen a crap load of mirages acouple of jetfires around and one other astro train do you think it 1would be worth picking up to resell or as trade? 2Do you think someone would trade for a grimlock megatron or rodimus? 3I've also got an extra starscream do you think that would be worth anything? Sorry to bug you but minimates are really more my thing it's just these classics transformers are pretty cool and I want to know more. I've got a line on a ultra magnus/skywarp $25 4do you think that price is fair? :confused:

Yes that seems like a fair price. If you're really interested, I'd suggest checking out some of the major TF boards. Though watch out, You'll end up jaded like me. :P

Tenime: http://www.tfu.info/2004/Autobot/20thPrime/optimusprime.htm

I wouldn't know. I skipped the cheap plastic version and got it when it came out the first time.

I'm lost...

He's talking about the 20th Anniversary Prime, saying that he got the original Masterpiece release.

I wouldn't know. I skipped the cheap plastic version and got it when it came out the first time.

I'm lost...

He's talking about the 20th Anniversary Prime, saying that he got the original Masterpiece release.

Or rather, I got it the first time around back in 04, when he was still die cast, instead of the DVD 06 version.

Or rather, I got it the first time around back in 04, when he was still die cast, instead of the DVD 06 version.

I'm pretty sure the DVD one still had die cast. He was just missing the chrome, and his colors were more saturated.

Had he been plastic, I would have grabbed him right away; I'm not a fan of the die cast legs. The chest is fine, but the legs are way too heavy for those joints.