UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DSTZach

Unofficial Vinimates Photo Thread

It's time we started one! Bob Joint has been killing it with his Watchmen pics, I've been having fun with upcoming stuff.

By Bob Joint:

DCKkrKAWAAAL0Nf.jpg

BTTF:

DDIE8CVU0AEEXUj.jpg

Caddyshack:

DDIDkpYUwAARaC-.jpg

Those came out great! Nice to see people can still get great shots with staction figures :thumbsup:

As long as the pose is a good one, you can always get good shots. The ball-jointed heads on these can actually give you a few choices.

Many of McFarlane's old figures were only meant to be seen from one angle, as far as I could tell.

perfect background, Zach!

Thanks! It's a pile of ballfield dirt at a local little league baseball field. I need to go back there with the Minimates, and maybe the Lost in Space B9 Vinimate.

Love the atmosphere of that picture, Luke!

On 7/5/2017 at 9:18 AM, MisterPL said:

Those Vinimates and the pics capture the characters beautifully. Good shots, Zach!

Thank you! Gopher ships July 19. Not sure about Ty yet.

"That kangaroo stole my ball!"  Great shots Zach!

Nice shot! Is that just against a flat, printed background? It looks remarkably good if it is!

Yeah, I hang on to the shelf backgrounds from Toy Fair, and use them for pics. I won't tell you what license this is from!

DCBatman-e1506615473722.jpg

DCGreenLantern-e1506615554889.jpg

DCBlackLantern-e1506615545175.jpg

Starfire-e1506615568885.jpg

16 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Yeah, I hang on to the shelf backgrounds from Toy Fair, and use them for pics. I won't tell you what license this is from!

A new license, or just don't want to reveal your trade secrets :thumbsup:

Anyways, great shots!

I just doubt the licensor would like me using their backgrounds for other licenses. We haven't started printing out backgrounds for next year's Toy Fair, although there will be new licenses.

I recognize the Batman having the backdrop from one of the TMNT shelves, and Starfire is in front of the one DST used for their My Little Pony banks.

(You've gone too deep into a toy company when you know the backdrops they use for cons. <_<)

Lovely pictures as always, Zach. What kind of camera do you use?

It's a Sony Cyber-Shot/Super SteadyShot DSC-H5, with 7.2 Megapixels, 12x optical zoom and of course a Macro setting.

This the office camera DST had in the NYC office when I got there in 2011, but since it was originally used to document revisions for the factory, and modern camera phones took practical photos just fine, it wasn't being used very much. So I took it to my home office/studio and I use it pretty much every day or, usually, night.

Awesome! I've been meaning to shoot a BTTF 2 shot like that, but I have not been able to find my Future Marty.