UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

2015 NYCC Exclusives

MisterPL

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so much new stuff in the Marvel front but man, everything else looks superb! New Valiant set, an Image series (praying it leads to Spawn someday), Battle Beasts possibly back, it's all around a very nice display. Now, not to sound ungrateful, but did anyone attend the panel? Was anything announced there? Because the new Marvel almost always gets announced there.

EDIT: Some more thoughts on the whole thing so far:

Image indie mates: Not particularly a fan of any of the properties, but I'm always game for civvie mates. I'm also secretely hoping that it's going to lead to some Spawn, or at least East of West mates...

Gotham: Better "in person" than in the soliciation photos. They're still civvies, but I'm excited, since I'm always game for some unique civvies.

Muppets, PVZ & View Askew: Not a big fan of any of them. Might grab them in clearance of something.

NBX: WOO! I've waiting for this line since I was a toddler and man, does it not dissapoint! It also reminds me that I still need a full set of series 1 and the Hot Topic exclusives, so if anyone has a full set + HT, pm me...

BTTF: I missed on the first releases, so I'm surely going to be buying Marty, Doc & the Delorean at least. We'll see about the rest.

Mass Effect: Totally stoked for this! If Luke releases that sticker pack, I'm sooo army building Alliance Soldiers/Husks.

Alien & Predators: Initially I wasn't a fan of the heads/faces but man, this line is looking better and better. As for Aliens, the PL & The Queen look as great as last time.

Godzilla: Nice! I'm not the most knowledgable fan, but I'm always up for some giant and fun looking monsters.

X-Files: I've started binge watching the whole series in preparation, and these just can't come here soon enough!

Battle Beasts: Thank goodness this line isn't dead yet. I'm really looking forward to them.

Valiant: NINJAK! Shadowman was the weakest book but the costume is still nice. But NINJAK! WOO! Best 2-pack of the show!

Marvel: 64 & the Gwen/Iron-Spidey pack look as great as last time. But man, dat DP wave. Initially, when I saw the character selection I was a bit dissapointed. I mean, where's Taskmaster, Typhoid Mary and the like? But man, is it damn great! In fact, I'm gonna "preview" the figs individually:

Mascot-Pool: I'm probably gonna put another fig underneath and use that DP plus some Zombie pieces to make a BD one.

Zenpool: I'm not really feeling this one. I think the boots and beads should've been sculpted. But it's still a nice variant.

Bob: The expressions really sell this one. But with a different head+54 HYDRA Masks, you can army build modern HYDRA Agents.

Secret, Secret Wars-Pool: I'm liking the Burt Reynolds-Esque look. The "normal" version doesn't do anything for me, but I can find a use for it.

Siryn: I was really hoping she'd come with an alternate head. Oh well, a spare Jean Grey head or something'll do the trick.

Cable:I was preppered to be dissapointed due to that LQ pic, but he looks surprisingly awesome! I'm gonna drop the coat and give him a harness or something though, it just doesn't look that good and it "breaks" a great fig. Problem is, what kind of harness to use? But, I have a question....What's up with Baby-Pool? Shouldn't that be Hope?

Normal-Pool: It's essentially NOW!-Pool with more detail,seperate gauntlet/hand and Cap's "thumb's up" hand. It's...great actually. I wasn't expecting for me to like it that much. Huh...

Domino/Copycat: Wow. This is the WINNER of the wave. I'm a particularly big fan of the ultra detailed figs, with the "glows" and the muscle definition and whatnot, so this is my PERFECT fig. Plus, with a bit of paint you can have yourself a modern Black Widow (tru 17 was a bit on the weak side), Black Widow II, Catwoman, etc, etc. This, IMO, blows the rest of the wave out of the water. It's that good. Well, thank God it's an LCS wave, cause I'm gonna need multiples.

I should also add that Bullseye with a new head+SHIELD Agent pouches+a black dot at the forehead is going to be a perfect normal Bullseye. And it's blue, so even if you have the TRU version (I do but mine had some QC issues, so I'm reeeeeally excited for this one) it's still worth putting together. Vulture with a new head wouldn't look too bad either, just pretend that the rotten flesh is a stylistic choice, like how real Vultures have this cuch kind of feet.

All in all, a pretty great showing. I hope someone went to the panel and a few more Marvel stuff were announced, but, as it stands, this was a great NYCC. Valiant, X-Files, Preds, all around an awesome con. Bravo!

Edited by Kostisfire

Does anyone know if any of the just previewed minimates at NYCC are available to purchase at the show? Other than the Nightmare Before Christmas box set?

Everything that you see loose, in a display case, is a prototype of an upcoming product. The only NYCC-exclusive set was the NBX box set.

need to figure out how to get red Raph. news about him seems kinda quiet

We will do some give-aways soon. Just waiting for a few details. I will announce before I start so everyone has a heads up.

Here? Or in the contest section? THX!