UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Trenchcoat Raphael - my first Minimate "custom"

Like some of you I've mixed and matched parts to create new characters and different armybuilders but I hadn't yet ventured into full on customizing Minimates yet. This is my first that involved modifying parts and painting.

The classic trenchcoat disguise Raphael.

TMNTTrenchcoatRaph1_zps84643de4.jpg

TMNTTrenchcoatRaph2_zps14abf2b2.jpg

TMNTTrenchcoatRaph3_zpsdd3e102b.jpg

Basically
I took a blind bag Raphael, and a Trenchcoat Thing and bashed them together to create this. As soon as the TMNT 'mates were announced and preorders opened up I snagged a Trenchcoat Thing on ebay and have been sitting on it waiting for the TMNT figures to arrive. I took the lower arms of Thing and cut off the hands (as they are sculpted on), drilled out a hole for the Raph hand peg to fit through and put them together. Then I took the coat, cut out the Thing "skin" from the neck area and sanded it down. Finally I cut off the Thing face from the hat and cut off the head peg as the Raph head doesn't have a hole on the top. A little superglue to glue the hat and glasses onto the face and some touch up paint and I have this beauty in my collection.

Cool! Raph is my fave turtle!!

I hadn't actually realized that these guys were out. Checking out your post made me scramble to my local KMart to check. Thanks!!

This is such an amazing idea!

I had been eyeing this figure from the new movie:

http://www.amazon.com/Playmates-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles/dp/B00LMHGH0C

because I love the bulk of the coat and the whole “invisible man” feel from the scarf, but I never bought the figure because it didn’t fit in with my collection.

I followed your recipe but left the Thing’s hands in place but painted white and added a little grey paint to chest/lower face and a Walking Dead scarf and boom!

I never would have thought to do that without seeing this custom, so thanks for the inspiration!