UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Collectibles' Batman the Animated Series 6" Figures

Hey, I’m just thrilled DCC has found a way to extend the Animated line. Hopefully JLU isn’t exclusive to DCUniverse because those figures were clearly intended to included accessories. But while we wait for those to become available to comic shops, I’m tickled pink to see Deathstroke, Jean-Paul Valley, and even Red Hood join the Batman family of this line. 

Armored Batman looks pretty awesome, too. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The JL figs were on sale recently and I’ve been wanting to watch Season 3 of YJ so I finally signed up for DC Universe and bought the figures. I was bracing for WW & GL to be bad but the rest in the pics I’ve seen seemed good.

Got my figs today and these things are even worse in hand. The quality is garbage.

My Superman has such loose hips joints he can’t even stand. He just pelvic thrusts and then falls over. Flash has loose hip joints and other joints as well. He can stand but just barely.

Hawkgirl looks nice but the wings don’t fit in the holes. I don’t even think heating them up will work, i’m going to have to shave down the wing ball joint to fit them in holes in her back.

Wonder Woman is even worse in person and can’t be saved, such a gangly mess.

GL is ok at best. Repainting the head and giving him some larger hands from other figures will help. 

Batman came w two left forearms,  so I have to contact customer service and hopefully get a replacement.

Aquaman and MM thankfully have no problems are good. The hand choices on most of the figures is poor, especially when you look at what they have on the boxes. 

After this experience I’m not sure I even want there to be more JL figs through DC Universe. I would only consider it if they were full releases w all the accessories/hands and they fix the quality issues. 

Edited by fwoosheyman

On 3/8/2019 at 8:10 PM, fwoosheyman said:

The JL figs were on sale recently and I’ve been wanting to watch Season 3 of YJ so I finally signed up for DC Universe and bought the figures. I was bracing for WW & GL to be bad but the rest in the pics I’ve seen seemed good.

Got my figs today and these things are even worse in hand. The quality is garbage.

My Superman has such loose hips joints he can’t even stand. He just pelvic thrusts and then falls over. Flash has loose hip joints and other joints as well. He can stand but just barely.

Hawkgirl looks nice but the wings don’t fit in the holes. I don’t even think heating them up will work, i’m going to have to shave down the wing ball joint to fit them in holes in her back.

Wonder Woman is even worse in person and can’t be saved, such a gangly mess.

GL is ok at best. Repainting the head and giving him some larger hands from other figures will help. 

Batman came w two left forearms,  so I have to contact customer service and hopefully get a replacement.

Aquaman and MM thankfully have no problems are good. The hand choices on most of the figures is poor, especially when you look at what they have on the boxes. 

After this experience I’m not sure I even want there to be more JL figs through DC Universe. I would only consider it if they were full releases w all the accessories/hands and they fix the quality issues. 

It would have been REALLY nice if they had alerted the subscribers to their stupid service that they were having a sale, but I guess that's too much to ask. Anyway, I subscribed basically so I could have access to these figures, and then the figures ended up not being very good, so I guess that's on me.

Those figures were a big reason I subscribed to DCU and I still haven't purchased them, even with that sale. I can't help feeling that they were meant to be reissued with the accessories they were obviously meant to have.

With everything that's been happening with the DC toy license since (Todd), I'm not sure how likely that is now.

• 1 month later...

That makes me 80% happy. I'm hoping they get around to re-releasing Montoya with someone else.

I'm a little concerned about what the new paint apps will be for the others. I doubt they'll be as zany as Kenner's old variants. Hopefully corrected versions.

58 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Pairing her with a villain might work. Clock King and Rupert Thorne both leap to mind because they haven't been done but DCC would probably want a safer bet like Harley disguised as a cop.

I like the Harley idea, but what about Harvey Dent? I think that'd be a really neat choice.

I would really love to see more characters like Rupert Thorne or Arnold Stromwell, maybe even Tony Zucco, but I don't foresee those being options considering that they're, for all intents and purposes, just guys in suits. I don't know what sort of accessories they'd come with to make it more exciting. A few guns? Ah well. 

• 1 month later...

JLU figures are all 40% off right now; each one is $16.80. I bought Flash, GL, and J'onn to basically finish the set (I have the previous Superman figure, already bought WW and Hawkgirl, don't need another Batman, and don't care for that version of Aquaman). Also, they have the Grey Ghost and Scarecrow in stock, though at $30.

I haven't been able to get any of the new figures, but I've seen them all in the wild and they look fantastic. Between Two-Face, Grey Ghost and Scarecrow I have no idea which one I'd pick up first.

I think it'd be really cool to see some more episode-centric packs similar to Etrigan & Klarion or the Girl's Nite Out set.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't say I'm a fan either. Other characters and figures that have priority over these "Elsewords" Timm figures, but it looks like they don't care enough to touch. 

Why can't we get a "Secret Identities" pack with Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson, Selina Kyle and Barbara Gordon?

What about Clock King? Mayor Hill? Rupert Thorne? 

People probably just don't want these, to be honest. 

To me it just shows a complete lack of understanding about what collectors want and how they think. People that collect a toy line based on a 20 year old cartoon are by definition nostalgic. And considering that THAT show is by design highly nostalgic, assuming that those collectors would want figures in this style of new comics characters is poor reasoning. Moreover, fans of those characters probably don't want them in this style! It's just a bad idea all around.

This is the kind of assortment that will end the line.

If they get enough preorders, it’ll only be because retailers are willing to take a huge chance on them. Personally I think this will be the first “Animated” assortment to be cancelled. 

Can we at least get a Batwoman based on that film to tie into the upcoming CW series? Geez, DCC.