UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
hellpop

DC Collectibles' Batman the Animated Series 6" Figures

Hey, I’m just thrilled DCC has found a way to extend the Animated line. Hopefully JLU isn’t exclusive to DCUniverse because those figures were clearly intended to included accessories. But while we wait for those to become available to comic shops, I’m tickled pink to see Deathstroke, Jean-Paul Valley, and even Red Hood join the Batman family of this line. 

Armored Batman looks pretty awesome, too. 

Posted (edited)

The JL figs were on sale recently and I’ve been wanting to watch Season 3 of YJ so I finally signed up for DC Universe and bought the figures. I was bracing for WW & GL to be bad but the rest in the pics I’ve seen seemed good.

Got my figs today and these things are even worse in hand. The quality is garbage.

My Superman has such loose hips joints he can’t even stand. He just pelvic thrusts and then falls over. Flash has loose hip joints and other joints as well. He can stand but just barely.

Hawkgirl looks nice but the wings don’t fit in the holes. I don’t even think heating them up will work, i’m going to have to shave down the wing ball joint to fit them in holes in her back.

Wonder Woman is even worse in person and can’t be saved, such a gangly mess.

GL is ok at best. Repainting the head and giving him some larger hands from other figures will help. 

Batman came w two left forearms,  so I have to contact customer service and hopefully get a replacement.

Aquaman and MM thankfully have no problems are good. The hand choices on most of the figures is poor, especially when you look at what they have on the boxes. 

After this experience I’m not sure I even want there to be more JL figs through DC Universe. I would only consider it if they were full releases w all the accessories/hands and they fix the quality issues. 

Edited by fwoosheyman

Boy am I glad I got out of these when I did. I regret not buying that Gotham Jail set but this... this is just depressing.

I agree. I've been considering getting out even though I have most of the Batman releases. I have little interest in the new stuff they showed and I only have so much display space anyway.

On 3/8/2019 at 8:10 PM, fwoosheyman said:

The JL figs were on sale recently and I’ve been wanting to watch Season 3 of YJ so I finally signed up for DC Universe and bought the figures. I was bracing for WW & GL to be bad but the rest in the pics I’ve seen seemed good.

Got my figs today and these things are even worse in hand. The quality is garbage.

My Superman has such loose hips joints he can’t even stand. He just pelvic thrusts and then falls over. Flash has loose hip joints and other joints as well. He can stand but just barely.

Hawkgirl looks nice but the wings don’t fit in the holes. I don’t even think heating them up will work, i’m going to have to shave down the wing ball joint to fit them in holes in her back.

Wonder Woman is even worse in person and can’t be saved, such a gangly mess.

GL is ok at best. Repainting the head and giving him some larger hands from other figures will help. 

Batman came w two left forearms,  so I have to contact customer service and hopefully get a replacement.

Aquaman and MM thankfully have no problems are good. The hand choices on most of the figures is poor, especially when you look at what they have on the boxes. 

After this experience I’m not sure I even want there to be more JL figs through DC Universe. I would only consider it if they were full releases w all the accessories/hands and they fix the quality issues. 

It would have been REALLY nice if they had alerted the subscribers to their stupid service that they were having a sale, but I guess that's too much to ask. Anyway, I subscribed basically so I could have access to these figures, and then the figures ended up not being very good, so I guess that's on me.

Those figures were a big reason I subscribed to DCU and I still haven't purchased them, even with that sale. I can't help feeling that they were meant to be reissued with the accessories they were obviously meant to have.

With everything that's been happening with the DC toy license since (Todd), I'm not sure how likely that is now.

That makes me 80% happy. I'm hoping they get around to re-releasing Montoya with someone else.

I'm a little concerned about what the new paint apps will be for the others. I doubt they'll be as zany as Kenner's old variants. Hopefully corrected versions.

Pumped to finally get myself a Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy. I also hope they rerelease a Montoya. I can't imagine who a good pairing for her would be? Lock-Up? Even don't want a figure of him and love damn near everything. 

I was thinking Batwoman would be a good choice given their relationship in the comics but Renee wasn't in Mystery of the Batwoman.

Pairing her with a villain might work. Clock King and Rupert Thorne both leap to mind because they haven't been done but DCC would probably want a safer bet like Harley disguised as a cop.

58 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Pairing her with a villain might work. Clock King and Rupert Thorne both leap to mind because they haven't been done but DCC would probably want a safer bet like Harley disguised as a cop.

I like the Harley idea, but what about Harvey Dent? I think that'd be a really neat choice.

I would really love to see more characters like Rupert Thorne or Arnold Stromwell, maybe even Tony Zucco, but I don't foresee those being options considering that they're, for all intents and purposes, just guys in suits. I don't know what sort of accessories they'd come with to make it more exciting. A few guns? Ah well. 

Rupert Thorne is the only one I see having a decent shot because of the sheer number of episodes he was in. He could be the accessory to a villain he hires.

I do like the Harvey Dent idea, though I was hoping he'd get an Expressions Pack.

JLU figures are all 40% off right now; each one is $16.80. I bought Flash, GL, and J'onn to basically finish the set (I have the previous Superman figure, already bought WW and Hawkgirl, don't need another Batman, and don't care for that version of Aquaman). Also, they have the Grey Ghost and Scarecrow in stock, though at $30.

I picked up Grey Ghost at my LCS. Still want to get the rest of that wave. 

As for JLU, I’m still convinced DCC will offer them again with accessories. I’ll wait patiently. If I’m wrong... oh well. 

I haven't been able to get any of the new figures, but I've seen them all in the wild and they look fantastic. Between Two-Face, Grey Ghost and Scarecrow I have no idea which one I'd pick up first.

I think it'd be really cool to see some more episode-centric packs similar to Etrigan & Klarion or the Girl's Nite Out set.

Odd request... anybody have a loose Ra's al Ghul head?

I found the figure, but without the unmasked head.