UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men: Apocalypse 2016!

Lobsterman

The current theory running around the internet is that X-Force will spin out of this new film featuring Apocalypse. I guess it's all about setting up for Cable's introduction. Time travel (Days of Future Past) --> Apocalypse --> Cable --> X-Force (led by Cable). *shrug* who knows. It's all speculation at this point. but if Rob Liefeld's tweets mean anything, an X-Force movie is definitely still happening. We just have no idea what the time frame is at this point...

Couldn't the title imply, the AGE of Apocalypse?

Is there any confirmation that this and the rumored X-force movie aren't one and the same?

Now, I'd love a classic X-Factor vs Apocalypse story as much as anyone, and I personally think he has much more of a connection to the Original Five than any other team. However, I'm also thinking just about any X-related movie Fox makes at this point is going to center on Wolverine. Who, by coincidence, was recently on a team called X-Force and fought Apocalypse (sort of). Liefeld has said of the X-Force movie script, "it will please fans of all eras," and has mentioned he can see a standalone Deadpool movie coming out of it.

My guess is, they're doing a mashup of a couple different generations of X-Force – let's say Cable comes back in time to recruit a hit squad to stop a genocidal tyrant in the future; a team including Wolverine (the star of everything X-Men), Psylocke (hot psychic ninja chick), Deadpool (Marvel's official mascot), Fantomex (trenchcoat guy with guns, always a fan pleaser), and, hell, just for continuity with DOFP, throw in Halle Berry as Storm. They'll fight Apocalypse's main man Archangel, who will remember his former friends, see the error of his ways and join the team for the big takedown. The only question being: will Halle Berry go full mohawk?!?

Is there any confirmation that this and the rumored X-force movie aren't one and the same?

Now, I'd love a classic X-Factor vs Apocalypse story as much as anyone, and I personally think he has much more of a connection to the Original Five than any other team. However, I'm also thinking just about any X-related movie Fox makes at this point is going to center on Wolverine. Who, by coincidence, was recently on a team called X-Force and fought Apocalypse (sort of). Liefeld has said of the X-Force movie script, "it will please fans of all eras," and has mentioned he can see a standalone Deadpool movie coming out of it.

My guess is, they're doing a mashup of a couple different generations of X-Force – let's say Cable comes back in time to recruit a hit squad to stop a genocidal tyrant in the future; a team including Wolverine (the star of everything X-Men), Psylocke (hot psychic ninja chick), Deadpool (Marvel's official mascot), Fantomex (trenchcoat guy with guns, always a fan pleaser), and, hell, just for continuity with DOFP, throw in Halle Berry as Storm. They'll fight Apocalypse's main man Archangel, who will remember his former friends, see the error of his ways and join the team for the big takedown. The only question being: will Halle Berry go full mohawk?!?

After X-3 I've had near enough of Halle Berry. I'd rather they bring back Gambit from XMOW as he was one of the good things that film did.

I'm hopeful that self-professed Trekkie Bryan Singer takes a cue from his favorite sci-fi franchise and uses DOFP to hit the reset button, jettison what didn't work, and keep what did. Hell, I'd be fine recasting the whole crew and starting fresh but after this, that seems less likely. Since Superman Returns, I have little faith in the man.

I'd rather they bring back Gambit from XMOW as he was one of the good things that film did.

Agreed. If anyone needs redemption (after that, John Carter, and Battleship), it's Taylor Kitsch.

I'm hopeful that self-professed Trekkie Bryan Singer takes a cue from his favorite sci-fi franchise and uses DOFP to hit the reset button, jettison what didn't work, and keep what did. Hell, I'd be fine recasting the whole crew and starting fresh but after this, that seems less likely. Since Superman Returns, I have little faith in the man.

I'd rather they bring back Gambit from XMOW as he was one of the good things that film did.

Agreed. If anyone needs redemption (after that, John Carter, and Battleship), it's Taylor Kitsch.

Battleship WAS awful, but I actually thoroughly enjoyed John Carter. And I dunno if I have to defend myself for it. I kinda thought it was horrifically underrated and just delightful.

• 2 weeks later...

Battleship WAS awful, but I actually thoroughly enjoyed John Carter. And I dunno if I have to defend myself for it. I kinda thought it was horrifically underrated and just delightful.

I was simply referring to Kitsch's string of bad luck as a headliner but, yeah, I enjoyed John Carter as well. Wish it could have been made on a much smaller budget and gotten a better marketing push. Oh well. Kitsch is still my Gambit.

So this is the sequel to Days of future past?

One would assume so - how ever the only thing anyone really has to go on was a *very* short tease that Bryan Singer tweeted:

'#Xmen #Apocalypse 2016!'

So far, anything more than that is pure conjecture & fan-boy speculation/wish-listing.

Another John Carter fan - we liked it in my home (I enjoyed the action and my wife and daughters enjoyed Mr. Kitsch's screen time, mostly shirtless)