UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Walking Dead Wave 5

Zak Katz

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, no new characters and no riot gear....Prison outfit set?

Tyreese (non-battle damaged)

Glenn

Maggie

Dale

Carol

Michonne

I think these are the only characters that we haven't already gotten (or will be getting with wave 5) prison outfit versions of yet.

I assume there will be no zombies in the set since there's no new characters (or if there are zombies, they'll be an update of a previous one)

Edited by Shogi

Yay Carl!

So there's a new villain coming out in the SDCC set, but your saying someone will complain? I'm dumb?

No, he's saying there is NOT a new villain in the set. Paraphrasing: "Not everyone will want it," "I can't imagine why i'd say not everyone would want it if there's an unmade villain in it."

Good to hear Carl confirmation just for the sake of, i mean, we kinda need him even if he's a moron. But MEGA-GOOD to hear that the superhero set is like the lowest priority. It's just so...so...unbelievably ridiculous.

carl ain't a moron read the books! hah (:

Read them from before the show, yes, yes he is.

SO HAPPY riot gear is over. This is becoming my favorite confirmation thread.

Black & white Minimates ? WD was a worthwhile experiment ....just like it was a worthwhile experiment with Universal Monsters ....just like it was a worthwhile experiment with View Askew .....just like it was a worthwhile experiment with Lost in Space .

Experiments have results & conclusions .

No more experiments.

There will be a zombie in the set.

Black & white Minimates ? WD was a worthwhile experiment ....just like it was a worthwhile experiment with Universal Monsters ....just like it was a worthwhile experiment with View Askew .....just like it was a worthwhile experiment with Lost in Space

Experiments have results & conclusions .

No more experiments.

I'm not sure there was a control group in any of those experiments, unless the criteria is just that there are people here who don't like them.

WD was exclusive to independent retailers participating in a brand-new, untested national event. I don;t think everyone was eligible to buy, therefore not as many sold, so not many customers picked them up. Also, they didn't fit with anything else that was out there.

THe Universal Monsters sets were exclusive to a national chain, and I think they sold as well as most color UM Minimates, if not better. They were a three-year tradition, and I don't think I ever saw them peg-warm, even when checking out waves that did.

Lost in Space was a con exclusive, which probably sold as well as the color Lost in Space set, but I'm not sure we expected it to sell out, given the age and inactivity of the license.

Jay & Silent Bob was a con exclusive that sold out before the show was over. Exceeded our expectations.

The diversity of the ways they were offered, their relative sales numbers and the varying activity levels of the licenses involved make it tough to say B&W Minimates don't sell. The control group may very well be Sin City, a series of widely available, non-exclusive box sets of Black-and-white Minimates, based on an older property that has a current media tie-in.

And I believe there will be more black-and-white View Askew Minimates before all is said and done.

Hope they do well!

Edited by DSTZach

OK I accept that I jumped on a tiny little bandwagon (of ...er...2) to agree I don't love B&W Minimates .

If they're going to continue then I'll continue to add them to my collection but I ,personally, don't get my boat floated by them. I also understand that all the B&W minimates have a reason to be portrayed in black & white . That said ,once they've been produced in black & white & conform to the source material then why bother producing a coloured version ?

I've picked up a few WD comics so I 'understand' the art & it works well ,I understand therefore the idea that we ought have a few B&W WD Minimate characters . Out of the two we've had ,one works perfectly for me & the other is Dale ! Dale isn't black & white he's grey, he's sculpted & just plain wrong ........the female zombie that accompanies him in the pack however is just a delight ,OK she has some pretty wild sculpting as well but (most of) the rest of her resembles an original panel from the WD comic....superb. My point ? For me....black & white is just that, black & white .....not grey .

If anybody goes down the road of saying that " the comics have greys in them Rob?" then beware I am ready for you wink.png

Just because buttheadsmate doesn't like most B&W minimates ............the world will not stop turning .

Edited by buttheadsmate

I personally have nothing against B&W. It totally makes sense for Sin City. I just didn't buy TWD pack because it doesn't match the rest. If the whole line wat B&W I really wouldn't have minded.

Me too. I've nothing against b&w 'mates, but if they're not the main line, my interest is less. I passed on the WD set- that set just didn't appeal given that the main line is in color. I passed on the Universal sets, but I passed on all of those. I picked up the Jay and Silent Bob set. I don't plan on opening it, though. That was just pure nostalgia. (Honestly, I'd like to get Dante and Randal in b&w as well one day.) I can see the appeal of having a big b&w display, but because most Minimates are in color, it is a more seamless display/play value if they are all on the same color scale.