UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked two TRUs in my area and found some of the series left, but no red alien sets.  All the Gormans were gone also, but I managed to order a set from TRU.com.

Genocide is a good read.  Actually, most of the DH Alien stuff is good and the art is nice, too,

I have the McFarlane base. Very cool! I'll have to see if I can dig out my old Kenner set. ;)

Found Series 3 today in Dickson City, PA. There seemed to be a lot of Series 2 on the back of the peg so there wasn't much of 3 on the front. I'm sure there's more in stock.

18 hours ago, Shanester said:

I checked two TRUs in my area and found some of the series left, but no red alien sets.  All the Gormans were gone also, but I managed to order a set from TRU.com.

Genocide is a good read.  Actually, most of the DH Alien stuff is good and the art is nice, too,

I haven't read too much, but yeah, the art is great on what I have. Whoever did the first issue of Colonial Marines did great stuff. Stalker (with vikings!) was beautifully painted by David Wenzell, the Resurrection adaptation was done by Eduardo Risso, and Salvation was Mignola with Nowlan! Plus full Nowlan on Superman v. Aliens, which looks great.

2 hours ago, elhonez said:

I forget the answer to this: Are Alien 3 & Resurrection part of the licensed material? There are vague rumors that Blomkamp's take on the next Alien sequel may sort of "write those out."

I believe they are included. The only ones for sure not are the versus movies. Not sure why those have a different license but that's Hollywood.

Also the Blomkamp film is on hold due to Ridley Scott's Prometheus sequel (also a separate license).

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

I think the AvP license is separate because royalty reporting is different. It's probably easier for Fox bookkeeping to keep those two movies off to themselves.

I'm hoping to get news about Alien3 and Resurrection Minimates soon, maybe at NYCC if not sooner.

7 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

New Aliens Deluxe set announcement in two weeks or so. Pretty cool.

Dropship with Ferro? Will we see pics? Is this coming in the next Previews or just an announcement? Dare I ask... is this finally the clean Bishop announcement we've all been waiting for? Zach, you tease like a pro. I'm bubbling with anticipation. Someone start the countdown clock.

9 minutes ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

Dropship with Ferro? Will we see pics? Is this coming in the next Previews or just an announcement? Dare I ask... is this finally the clean Bishop announcement we've all been waiting for? Zach, you tease like a pro. I'm bubbling with anticipation. Someone start the countdown clock.

No, Dropship is not Deluxe, it's a vehicle. Deluxe is larger-scale figures that will not fit into two-packs.

Yes, pictures in advance of a Previews solicit.

No clean Bishop, but he is on the schedule.

I am guessing a Red Queen to go with the Genocide Alien from TRU. Maybe packed with another red Alien and a Tail-Speared black Alien.