UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

Alien-Minimates-Narcissus-Ellen-Ripley-a

Why does Ripley have two helmets? I know one's opened enough to accommodate her hairpiece but the other one just seems superfluous. Am I supposed to army-build these things? Is there a Helmets R Us kiosk on the way that we're supposed to stock with these things? I'd be down with that.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Alien-Minimates-Narcissus-Ellen-Ripley-a

Why does Ripley have two helmets? I know one's opened enough to accommodate her hairpiece but the other one just seems superfluous. Am I supposed to army-build these things? Is there a Helmets R Us kiosk on the way that we're supposed to stock with these things? I'd be down with that.

I just opened my set from Luke tonight. The helmet on Ripley does not have a peg in it. Her hair is smaller than the undies version to fit inside, but a peg, or hole in the hair, is not needed.  The second helmet is similar to what DST did in the MAX line with the extra gear. There is a clear head piece in the helmet, and while I haven't gotten the head out yet, I think there is a peg in that helmet. This allows you to have a snug, empty helmet on the Space Suit so you don't need to have two Ripleys next to each other. You can display the set with undies Ripley next to her empty suit and not worry about the helmet falling off. Although the clear head doesn't stay on the body as well as I would like.

7 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

I just opened my set from Luke tonight. The helmet on Ripley does not have a peg in it. Her hair is smaller than the undies version to fit inside, but a peg, or hole in the hair, is not needed.  The second helmet is similar to what DST did in the MAX line with the extra gear. There is a clear head piece in the helmet, and while I haven't gotten the head out yet, I think there is a peg in that helmet. This allows you to have a snug, empty helmet on the Space Suit so you don't need to have two Ripleys next to each other. You can display the set with undies Ripley next to her empty suit and not worry about the helmet falling off. Although the clear head doesn't stay on the body as well as I would like.

That's perfectly plausible. Works for me!

2 hours ago, youbastards said:

My local store got one case of TRU3 and the pack out was:

Space Suit Kane Pack x7

HiveWorld Pack x4

Gorman Pack x1

Not sure if this was a one-off.  

Gorman's shortpacked? Wow. Glad I got the 2 I wanted from the website. Would NOT want to have to hunt that set down in the wild, if it IS shortpacked to 1 per case.

7 minutes ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

Gorman's shortpacked? Wow. Glad I got the 2 I wanted from the website. Would NOT want to have to hunt that set down in the wild, if it IS shortpacked to 1 per case.

Same here. That's frustrating. If I see any on pegs, I'll try to help others.

I think the odd case breakdown is just a packing fluke. This happened with a case of Marvel 21 at my TRU. I opened the case and there were sides of 4 Wolverine packs, 4 Iron Man packs, and 4 Hulk packs facing up at me. Think about that one for a moment.

I may change my thoughts if I find a messed up case of these. :yes:

Sounds like a fluke to me. Line plan is for even packs, but a line-wide error was possible, I suppose. Thanks to those who gave us the benefit of the doubt. :D A 7-4-1 split doesn't make sense in any world, especially not with Kane as the super-heavy.

Sorry I did not ask about the helmet before now, but Onyx is correct.

TRU will get a BD APC with Ripley.