asu928

DC Minimates

60 posts in this topic

With the new Batman, Harley, Hal Jordan Vinimates shown at C2E2 would thus mean dc minimates could be made sorry been off the board for a bit so not sure if I missed anything.

Posted (edited)

On April 3, 2017 at 3:00 PM, MisterMiracle said:

Ask DST #352: Minimates

Jason R.
Hello! With the announcement of DC Vinimates, I’ve got to ask: What do we have to do to get DC Mnimates? Spam DC Collectibles? Buy the hell out of the DC Vinis? Tell us, and we’re gonna do it. I mean, this is our chance to get them back, right? You’ve got the comics, film, game and TV show licenses. All we need now is minis of them. Don’t get me wrong, the Vinis look cool and all, but the Minimates are where it’s at. Thanks for taking the time to read my question and answer it!

DSTChuck: There are no plans for DC Minimates now or in the future. Sorry, I think that time has passed. 

Edited by J-rodst

Chuck said at C2E2 that DC is particular with their license and that the 'action figures' category is locked up, and pointed out concerns with the LEGO Batman movie.

The DC Vinimates are more like DC Statimates and will have NO articulation, because of action figure concerns/constraints.

He said he would still say never say never and that they ask every year at Toy Fair. 

13 minutes ago, Onyx_6 said:

Chuck said at C2E2 that DC is particular with their license and that the 'action figures' category is locked up, and pointed out concerns with the LEGO Batman movie.

The DC Vinimates are more like DC Statimates and will have NO articulation, because of action figure concerns/constraints.

He said he would still say never say never and that they ask every year at Toy Fair. 

So they won't even have neck articulation? That's too bad.

It's weird that that doesn't match his recent statement in Ask DST though.

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

DC should be begging for as many ways to get their material out there as possible. DC movies are flat for the most part since the second Nolan batman film. They have TV but that's a big step down from the big screen. I have no interest in the action figure lines they have except for hot toys.

Edited by J-rodst

4 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Would anyone be interested in 2" DC Vinimates?

No, Not me.

Edited by J-rodst

On 4/23/2017 at 7:17 AM, Onyx_6 said:

Chuck said at C2E2 that DC is particular with their license 

Hah! The crap I see on the shelves with DC's logo contradicts this statement.