UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Walking Dead wave 3

Zak Katz

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Specialty Series 4 was on the right side of the fence, with the Governor/Michonne, Bruce/Gabe, Alice/Zombie and Lori/Judith/Zombie.

That is the line-up for specialty Series 4. Definitely human-heavy.

So, we are losing even the one-to-one ratio with series 4? That seems like good news from a survivor stand point, but it seems like we need more zombies as it is....

Will Alice and Lori come with the same zombie, like variants of each other? Or/and will these go the way of Marvel movie waves, with 2 each of the short packed characters and 8 total figures? Thanks for the info, Zach!

So, we are losing even the one-to-one ratio with series 4? That seems like good news from a survivor stand point, but it seems like we need more zombies as it is....

Oh, I don't know. We have a lot of zombies so far - at least more than 10, right? As far as I am concerned, this entire story is about the human characters; the zombies are there to just keep the apocalyptic pressure on the main characters. If we get two or three new zombies in each wave, to go with five or six new humans, then I think that that is a good mix. When I think of what I want to see made, it's never a new zombie. I want Abraham, or Axel, or Billy, or Rosita, etc.

Just my $.02.

Oh, I don't know. We have a lot of zombies so far - at least more than 10, right? As far as I am concerned, this entire story is about the human characters; the zombies are there to just keep the apocalyptic pressure on the main characters. If we get two or three new zombies in each wave, to go with five or six new humans, then I think that that is a good mix. When I think of what I want to see made, it's never a new zombie. I want Abraham, or Axel, or Billy, or Rosita, etc.

Just my $.02.

I think we're fine for zombies so far. Six zombies in wave 1. Six more zombies in wave 2, even if Mike and Terry are less generic than your average walker (just give them spare arms, and they can join the herd!). Five zombies in wave three. Two zombies from the Amazon box set, and one from the SDCC set.

That's 20 zombies by wave 3, with only 13 survivors (and a few extra clothing variants). That's pretty cool!

• 4 months later...

We've talked about it before, but is this Ty from the fight with Rick, or the few moments he had with the Governor?

Yeah I know, Ty kicked Rick's ass, but only because he kinda let him. That Governor stuff was pretty sad, especially since Ty was so cool. I wish he came with a hammer :(

Yay, this thread needs more life! BD Ty should have came with a broken hammer... I would love to speculate Wave 5 and say Ty is a given, alternate arms and hair and there's three versions, more then Dale, (not including black and white) Andrea, Hershel, and Glenn (not including head swaps). I can't wait for 5, we all assume Carl will be in it right?

Carl and regular Tyreese are my two big wants right now, followed closely by Maggie and Billy. I picked up a spare Dexter just so that When Tyreese does arrive, I will be able to head-swap him into prison gear.

Had BD Tyreese in my hands, 3 of them were at my LCS. I couldnt bring myself to pay $15 for it, especially when I already have Farmer Zombie and I still need Dexter, Glenn and Carol from this series, all regular price. Someday.....

Yeah, I don't like how we're getting variants insted of another set altogether. I don't use all my extra zombies...

I certainly wouldn't complain about 4 unique zombies per LCS wave, but I don't mind it this way. I just wish the army builder were the most generic in the wave, but so far it seems that the army builder have been the least generic- female zombie, stabbed zombie, and now farmer zombie are all pretty unique to me. I would have preferred the army builders to be burned zombie, one-eyed zombie, and guard zombie. BUT I'm not really complaining. With the exception of putting BD Tyreese out before non-BD Tyreese and the strange choice to always make Glenn a TRU exclusive, I think DST has a bang up job with TWD.

Yeah, I don't like how we're getting variants insted of another set altogether. I don't use all my extra zombies...

Agreed. I don't use ANY of my extra zombies. confused.gif

I certainly wouldn't complain about 4 unique zombies per LCS wave, but I don't mind it this way. I just wish the army builder were the most generic in the wave, but so far it seems that the army builder have been the least generic- female zombie, stabbed zombie, and now farmer zombie are all pretty unique to me. I would have preferred the army builders to be burned zombie, one-eyed zombie, and guard zombie. BUT I'm not really complaining. With the exception of putting BD Tyreese out before non-BD Tyreese and the strange choice to always make Glenn a TRU exclusive, I think DST has a bang up job with TWD.

Agreed on all points.

I just wish the army builder were the most generic in the wave, but so far it seems that the army builder have been the least generic- female zombie, stabbed zombie, and now farmer zombie are all pretty unique to me. I would have preferred the army builders to be burned zombie, one-eyed zombie, and guard zombie.

^^^This.

Does anyone still need Carol or Glenn from TRU w3? I have an extra set if anyone needs them, PM me. I will send outside the USofA.

If no one takes them they are going back to TRU....

FINALLY, Canada has (Or atleast my canadian based Toysrus) has received this wave, and i'm happy with what i'm getting. Nice little collection to make in the middle of my larger ones. Already picked up one of the two exclusive and hid one of each that remain. hopefully i'll have them all in three weeks. Love these things.