UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Walking Dead wave 3

Zak Katz

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to be annoying. That Tyreese figure isn't actually from his fight with Rick (he came out of that relatively unscathed).

The only time he appeared shirtless and beat up was right before his death.

I wasn't planning on buying an WD magazines, but now it appears that I need issue 3. I want to see how accurate my zombie identification thread is!

What do you want to see Glantern?

Well, I personally prefer the more destinctive looks for characters as opposed to people in prison jumpsuits. I'm glad we're getting Hershel, but I'd prefer it were a pre-prison Hershel, because right now he'll look out of place with the first two waves. Tyreese is far too specific for me to really have any use for him, and a more generic Tyreese still seems inevitable. I don't think wave 3 is bad by any stretch of the imagination, it just doesn't excite me the way the first two waves did.

For the TRU wave, I'd like to see Maggie and either a regular Tyreese or Axel. Though I wouldn't say no to a riot gear Glenn.

There will be a Female Zombie at TRU.

OMG! There you go! The zombie plague is real, and it's being led by Zach Oat! He's sending the female ones to attack our toy stores!

Honestly, I can't say I'm surprised. Those sideburns just scream "evil scientist", and if you ever read Twisted ToyFare Theater, well, it's practically a manifesto. My only question is whether Zach's working alone, or if the entire Diamond Select Toys operation is really just a front for an elite collective of mad scientists. Having met several DST representatives... clearly a front for mad scientists. I'm just surprised you'd let your plans slip so casually.

... you meant that there will be a female zombie MINIMATE at TRU, didn't you? Oh, that's different. Never mind.

Hey Zach, when will we hear about the next TRU wave, it might influence my buying habits for this wave.

Don't worry, still going to double up on them all, just want to plan ahead what quick customs I can create or need to create.

we really wanted to play off the prison theme.

That seems to be what a large chunk of the fanbase is interesed in right now, so I can't say it was a bad choice. Not the one I personally wanted, but I'm just one person. I'll still be buying the wave because they're all cool minimates, regardless of what ther're based on, and because I want to do my (very)small part in making the line a success.

It makes sense to me that DST would want to produce as many prison characters as they can due to the fact the show was just in the prison, and that the huge populous of the show's fans buying WD mates...just makes sense.

And Andrea is out of place in her prison pants. For now I have everyone standing together, we don't have enough mates IMO to start groups. I have Lori standing in between Shane and Rick, Andrea with Dale, and Michonne with Mike and Terry. Dead people to the left, zombies intertwined.

• 3 weeks later...

So Carol,

is that ok Dino? The zombie that killed Carol, bald Glenn, and Zach as a zombie :) to my knowledge are part of the tru wave 3. Do these accompany RIOT gear Rick and Dexter?

Zach said that the Governor (and Carl) wasn't in series 3, so maybe 4? I think that the Govna and his cronies minus Martinez makes the human to zombie ratio lean heavily on the living for a wave, maybe there in a box with Penny? with pliers and a bucket of chunks of human?!? I think someone said they saw TRU on the card behind them so..... nope

I think Zach said the new ratio was one-to-one for human/zombie in the new waves. I figured they would show the humans at NYTF and could work out which zombies for later.

The zombies shown with Glenn and Carol are set because wave 3 is not that far away. IMO

Glenn and Carol and their zombies are TRU Series 3 exclusives.

Specialty Series 4 was on the right side of the fence, with the Governor/Michonne, Bruce/Gabe, Alice/Zombie and Lori/Judith/Zombie.

That is the line-up for specialty Series 4. Definitely human-heavy.

Series 4 TRU figures to be revealed.

Glenn and Carol and their zombies are TRU Series 3 exclusives.

Specialty Series 4 was on the right side of the fence, with the Governor/Michonne, Bruce/Gabe, Alice/Zombie and Lori/Judith/Zombie.

That is the line-up for specialty Series 4. Definitely human-heavy.

Series 4 TRU figures to be revealed.

Sounds good. Any idea for when these are coming out?