UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa 2012?

Im pretty much still a noob here. Can anyone explain to me how this works?

Im pretty much still a noob here. Can anyone explain to me how this works?

Oh, it's pretty easy. You share the gift of love to someone from the forum and someone will give something back to you. And in the end, everybody loves Granny.

No.

When you're in, you send a wishlist and other info to Granny Clause. He will pick names of those participating out of his hat so everybody will receive a "Secret Child" (no real pregnancy involved!). Then you'll try to get something from her/his wishlist and send it to her/him. Therefore he/she's happy. Meanwhile, you're the "Secret Child" to some other "Secret Santa" from the 'verse and you'll receive something from that guy. Therefore you'll be happy, too. A sur plus moment is, to figure out who your Secret Santa was by putting on your Sherlock hat and find some clues in your gift.

Here's a Wiki entry.

I know what a Secret Santa is but I've never been on an online Secret Santa this sounds good but just 2 questions:

1. Multiversers from all over the world can join or just Americans?

2. What if I can't get anything on the list?

My understanding is that it's open to all, but anyone that doesn't want to ship internationally can make that clear and The Hog will give them someone domestic. Also, a lot of people make customs as their SS gift, and I think most people list bunches of things besides Minimates (custom tools, display items, ect). But I'm sure if you truly can't fulfill someone's Secret Santa dreams, you can trade with someone else.

I'm in.I look forward to it all year.

I'm definitely in again last year was my first and it was a lot of fun.

1) I got amazing gifts

2) Got to see someone's reaction online to what I got him and he was ecstatic.

It's a win win. Just let me know early so I can try to out do my gifts from last year.

Im definitely not sure if I'm joining. But this sounds like a lot of fun. Sadly, there aren't too many Minimate places here in the PH and even rarer are arts and crafts stores with the tools for customizing. I can't even make a custom. Im 40% sure Im gonna join 60% feeling that Im not. We'll see. :confused:

Im definitely not sure if I'm joining. But this sounds like a lot of fun. Sadly, there aren't too many Minimate places here in the PH and even rarer are arts and crafts stores with the tools for customizing. I can't even make a custom. Im 40% sure Im gonna join 60% feeling that Im not. We'll see. :confused:

I'm living in Germany and there are no places to get Minimates here, but I still was able to get stuff for my Secret Childs over the years. Many people include other things than Minimates on their wishlists which really helps. Last year for example Nessex got "Batman: The Long Haloween" from mylist ( :wub: ). And I loved it! My advise for wishlists is to put lots and lots of different stuff on it including things you would usually get everywhere on our planet. That really helps, I guess. And there's always Luke: you can order from him and send it to your Secret Child. You can also try and order from other online retailers (amazon, forbidden planet, etc.) stationed in the country your Secret Child lives in. Be creative.

Also, a lot of people make customs as their SS gift, and I think most people list bunches of things besides Minimates (custom tools, display items, ect).

I bad feeling about this. :confused:

I'm living in Germany and there are no places to get Minimates here, but I still was able to get stuff for my Secret Childs over the years. Many people include other things than Minimates on their wishlists which really helps. Last year for example Nessex got "Batman: The Long Haloween" from mylist ( :wub: ). And I loved it! My advise for wishlists is to put lots and lots of different stuff on it including things you would usually get everywhere on our planet. That really helps, I guess. And there's always Luke: you can order from him and send it to your Secret Child. You can also try and order from other online retailers (amazon, forbidden planet, etc.) stationed in the country your Secret Child lives in. Be creative.

Nessex always sends the very best stuff. :wub: he sent me a book I always wanted, along with some regional candy.

Also, a lot of people make customs as their SS gift, and I think most people list bunches of things besides Minimates (custom tools, display items, ect).

I bad feeling about this. :confused:

Yeah, but there's only 2 of us on here who would do something like that, and only to eachother. Well, three, but no one wants to see you arrested. ;)