UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 15

Nessex

I haven't yet found a really great picture of the new Thing, but it's obvious to me that he has brand new hands.

... and I don't mean the ones that he should've gotten several series ago, like are on the Kronan army-builder... but brand new hands. I really dig 'em! Wish I could get a better picture to see if his feet are the same or new.

Every time I think I've got a perfect Thing, they do somethin' like this to me and pffffft, I'm playing that update-waiting game all over again. :teehee:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I saw the Thing mate on display, he had best of/kronan feet on. The new hands look great. To me they are perfect Thing hands. I know we had misleading test shots in the past, especially with Thing. I think this is the real deal, though. I'll just stay cautious until we can get more info though.

I also saw that Human Torch and Annihilus have new sculptured fire blasts/energy blasts, more detailed.

Edited by SuperChefMate

marvelousnews has pics up of 15...

Looks like Annihilus / Torch (flamed-on) as expected, as well as Firelord / Airwalker, Surfer / Thing (blue with white trim, parts to change into pilot Ben Grimm), and Fear Itself Hulk and Juggernaut. Cool stuff, loving the Annihilus.

Link, please.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=15418

I'll still buy them, I think Zach said that they will continue to put in a lot of accessories to make it sweeter for all of us, for example look at the fantastic four bases, Ben Grimm with pieces to become Thing, and Mr. Fantastics extra arms and neck.....the future looks bright!

Last week, mnemosis and I were having a discussion at the TRU he works with about the price point on Minimates and how it's such a good selling point for him to customers. Right now, you can compare two, interchangeable figures for $7.50 to one comic figure for $10 to $20 there. Even if it increases a little, we're getting a great deal considering newer figures have better and more accessories, better designs and diverse character selection. I'll continue to buy them no matter what, but I think the price increase is no different than any other line right now, if not a little bit less.

as a collection, Minimates is still the best price point i think.

Here in Australia, ML figures are now over $30 a piece. You can get them for under 30 if they show up at TRU, but that only happens every year or so. The LCS has to sell them at about $32 to make them worth getting in.

I've got a collection of over 400 minimates by now - i shudder to think what that collections range of characters would have cost me in ML form :P

Inflation is pretty normal. For the range of characters we get, the fact that we get two in each pack, the level of detail and the accessories included, i'm still inclined to say that we're getting a great product at a reasonable price.

I can't even fathom how people can still collect Marvel Legends. I saw a Spider-Man, with no accessories, and no build a figure piece, for almost $20 at TRU. A basic Spider-Man. That's insanity. I remember all the cool bases, comics, accessories and huge BAF pieces that Legends used to have, it's sad to see how far they've fallen because they really were the standard bearer for action figures for so long.

I still think getting 2 Minimates for $10 is worth it, especially after seeing all of the concept art for upcoming waves and all the cool extras we'll be getting. Just keep up the quality without hiking prices too much and you'll keep this loyal customer.

marvelousnews has pics up of 15...

Looks like Annihilus / Torch (flamed-on) as expected, as well as Firelord / Airwalker, Surfer / Thing (blue with white trim, parts to change into pilot Ben Grimm), and Fear Itself Hulk and Juggernaut. Cool stuff, loving the Annihilus.

Link, please.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=15418

Gracias!

I can't even fathom how people can still collect Marvel Legends. I saw a Spider-Man, with no accessories, and no build a figure piece, for almost $20 at TRU. A basic Spider-Man. That's insanity. I remember all the cool bases, comics, accessories and huge BAF pieces that Legends used to have, it's sad to see how far they've fallen because they really were the standard bearer for action figures for so long.

I still think getting 2 Minimates for $10 is worth it, especially after seeing all of the concept art for upcoming waves and all the cool extras we'll be getting. Just keep up the quality without hiking prices too much and you'll keep this loyal customer.

I know. That was my problem with Spidey. I saw one for Walmart at $15, but I'd already paid $25 at a con. I still need the white one, but I want to pay Walmart price. :(

Yeah, my issues are focused on Minimates because Minimates are one of the few mass market toys I collect (along with Transformers and the occasional GI Joe). But surely, the issue with ridiculous price increases is happening across the board. 25th Anniversary GI Joes started at $5 at Wal-Mart. Then, they went up to $7, now around $10 I believe? That's a 100% increase in price, over the span of 5 years. Masterpiece Starscream at Wal-Mart was, what, $30 initially in 2007? Now MP Thundercracker at TRU (updated modification of that mold) is $75. Hot Toys figures are, on average, nearly $200, while 3-4 years ago anything over $150 was an aberration.

Minimates seem to be following a similar trend. So, wages are fairly stagnant, our money is worth less, yet the cost of Minimates (and other toys) increases far beyond the general level of inflation. I know there are plenty of explanations for this, but it doesn't make our pocketbooks hurt any less. I think that eventually I'm going to have to be serious about finances and get out of collecting new stuff altogether.

Looking at the updated prototype pics of the FF wave, they look pretty good. Don't really care for the Alicia Masters mate, but not bad. Love the Annihilus figure. :biggrin: Firelord looks cool too. We need more of these mates, 90's style. With the new $9.99 price point, I'm just gonna have to tone it down even more. Havent been collecting as much as I used to, heck, I'm even starting to sell some of the MIB mates I have laying around. <_<

Edited by rx78jj