UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates wave 47: Outback X-Men

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the chance to crack open this wave, and boy oh boy, these 'mates are beuatiful. This has to be one of the best waves to date, and I don't see how any other 'mate will be able to compete with Colossus for Minimate of the year. He's a masterpiece. Based on pics, I was worried that he'd be too top heavy and would NEED replacement boots. In hand, though, he looks fine as is. If he could use anything, it'd be a slip-over waist piece. Anyway, while Petey is the standout, imo, each Minimate in this wave (I'm including the TRU set) is great. DST really hit this one out of the park.

did it look like this

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=504&n=Havok

I'd turn it around and look his back

woooooow i feel like an idiot! i'm not sure if i never noticed that, or if i did when i first got it and then completely forgot. i would've switched it up years ago! at this point it almost seems silly to since i've got the new Havok coming to me soon.

and what in the world is a paint wash??

and what in the world is a paint wash??

"washing" the figure in watered down black paint. What I do is dip the figure in the watered down paint, let it dry for about an hour, then wipe the figure down with a paper towel so all the black paint is now only in the crevices of the sculpt.

I just did mine... I use mostly paint markers. So I'll do a quick smear of black on the desired surface, wet my fingers, and rub the paint over the surface. Then, a wet paper towel removes the excess. Same basic effect, though perhaps,a tad less uniform...

Punisher. Thank you. The design was great, but they looked silly until the wash. Wow.

he's packed with one of my all-time least favorite characters.

Hellpop, you just made me cry. :(

Storm & Rogue are my faves. Forget everything you learned in the cartoons and movies. In the 70s and 80s they were bad ass.

Get outta town!

Sorry, but it's true. I don't have much use for Rogue either.

Sorry, I'm on my phone. The above post didn't come out right.

Finally got this wave yesterday. I have to agree with the overall sentiment that the wave is excellent, with one exception: Colossus. He's better in-hand than I expected from the photos, but the proportions are still definitely off. I think a crotch piece and larger boots would have went a long way towards fixing those problems. I wonder if something like that was cut back so that we could get the parts for both looks?