UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 43? - Spidey Comic-based

fwoosheyman

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, what's the phrase? Snap? Zing? Dare I say even... Face? It's a good thing he's doctor, because you just got some third degree BURN!!!

Since I support getting needed updates, I can say that a White Rabbit/Black Cat two-pack, aside from having little to no selling power, would be a cool set. And that second Black Cat was part of that QC train wreck set, so it seems almost wrong to count that one.

Not to argue with Ivan, but by my count we have (or will have) 192 different 616 characters represented in minimate form, some with multiple aliases (I count Brock-Venom and Anti-Venom as one character on my list) as well as multiple costumes or redos. 46 alternate Universe characters, including Zombies, Ultimates, and guys like Miguel O'Hare. And 65 characters from the Marvel Movies. Add those up however you like, or just go with Ivan's numbers. He, after all, is the man.

Okay, I just did a quick tally based on Wikipedia lists for the Marvel Universe figures. I also included Hasbro's sub-series (Iron Man 2, Captain America, Wolverine, etc.) but only counted 616 versions of characters (Titanium Man, Crossbones, etc), and only unique characters. Jean Grey and Dark Phoenix were only counted once, as well as both versions of Black Widow (Romanova and Belova). This list also accounts for announced but unreleased figures.

I total 135 unique Marvel Universe characters.

Absorbing Man

Adam Warlock

AIM Soldier

Ant-Man

Apocalypse

Archangel

Beast

Beta Ray Bill

Black Panther

Black Widow

Blade

Blob

Bucky

Bulldozer

Bullseye

Cable

Captain America

Captain Britain

Captain Marvel

Carnage

Colossus

Constrictor

Crimson Dynamo

Crossbones

Cyclops

Daken

Daredevil

Darkhawk

Deadpool

Doc Ock

Doc Samson

Doctor Strange

Dr. Doom

Drax

Electro

Enchantress

Falcon

Fin Fang Foom

Firestar

Galactus

Gambit

Ghost Rider

Gladiator

Goliath

Green Goblin

Groot

Guardian

Guardsman

H.E.R.B.I.E.

Hand Ninja

Havok

Hawkeye

Hercules

Hobgoblin

Hulk

Human Torch

Hydra Soldier

Iceman

Invisible Woman

Iron Fist

Iron Man

Iron Monger

Jean Grey

Jubilee

Juggernaut

Kang

Kitty Pryde

Klaw

Kraven

Lizard

Loki

Luke Cage

Magneto

Mandarin

Mary Jane Watson

Maverick

Moon Knight

Mr Fantastic

Mr Sinister

Ms Marvel

Multiple Man

Mystique

Nick Fury

Nightcrawler

Nighthawk

Nova

Patriot

Piledriver

Psylocke

Puck

Punisher

Quicksilver

Red Hulk

Red Skull

Rhino

Rocket Raccoon

Ronin

Sabertooth

Savage Frost Giant

Scarlet Witch

Scorpion

Sentinel

Sentry

She-Hulk

SHIELD Agent

Silver Samurai

Silver Surfer

Skaar

Skrull Soldier

Spider-Man

Spider-Woman

Star Lord

Storm

Sub-Mariner

Sunfire

Taskmaster

Thanos

Thing

Thor

Thunderball

Thunderbird

Titanium Man

Ultron

Union Jack

US Agent

Venom

Vision

War machine

Warpath

Whiplash

Wolverine

Wonder Man

Wrecker

X-23

Yellowjacket

So, Minimates still hold the lead for unique 616 characters, but considering that Marvel Universe has only been around since 2009, that's a pretty impressive list!

The only reason I can think of is that Grizzly would need a fully-sculpted, bulked-up body.

But think of the tooling reuse potential:

- Wendigo (Army builder!)

- Sasquatch (2 versions: Orange and White!)

Edited by youbastards

And that second Black Cat was part of that QC train wreck set, so it seems almost wrong to count that one.

"If you don't like them? That is NOT my problem. Be glad we got them at all, cause we still don't have a ton of figures.”

(all joking aside, I wouldn’t mind a new a Black Cat, not in that goddawful Claws costume though, Ultimate or another stab at her normal costume would be preferred. But first I’d like Maestro, a modern Mystique, a modern Rogue, a bulky Colossus, Amazing Bag-man, and any new unmade character I don’t know I want yet but will want once I see them and think they look neat.)

Yeah, it was more or less trivia rather than a suggestion. I stand by what I said. I've got 2 Black Cats. I can do customs till the cows come home and be happy. Give us new characters. (Thanks for the BC love though Turtle!)

a mix of new versions of major characters (which people DO want, and which the line DOES need, both for sales and to match what's come since)

He could just be talking about a stylistic update (i.e., more detailed tampos), but there aren't a lot of major Spidey characters that haven't been done in the "new" style. I'd guess this phrase does point to a bulked-up Rhino — a major villain who hasn't been redone recently. Otherwise, a Kraven with a sculpted lion vest would be nice.

This again begs the question I asked a while back. What if you like the simplistic design of the first 20 waves? Are you just out of luck because they're going to keep giving us uber-detailed? I wish DST would address these concerns. I think there should be some middle ground between the first Cable and the 2nd.

This again begs the question I asked a while back. What if you like the simplistic design of the first 20 waves? Are you just out of luck because they're going to keep giving us uber-detailed? I wish DST would address these concerns. I think there should be some middle ground between the first Cable and the 2nd.

I believe you are out of luck if you prefer the simplistic designs. It's been uber detail and lots of sculpted parts for awhile.

I wouldn't mind a redone Rhino in this wave. The old one is very dated looking and Rhino seems to be a good selling toy, no matter which format (ML, MU, etc) he is in.

all-new characters -- some of which people have asked for, and some of which you would have never thought you'd see.

Has anyone else been puzzeling over that last part? Who is it we'd never thought we'd see?

I have. I'm hoping it means characters that have been on the black list at Marvel, like The Jackal and Kaine. They've been seldom seen or heard from since the Clone Saga.

I'd totally buy a Clone Saga wave though.

Ironically, both are featured in Spider-Island. Kaine's been mutated into a Man-Spider, and taken the name Tarantula. Jackal's back to wearing the big eared outfit. Spidercide's back too, called Spider-King. (hasn't been specifically stated, but that's my theory) Maybe Marvel has realised trying to pretend that several year long story arc and those related characters never existed was as big a mistake as trying to say Peter was the clone in the first place.

But yes, I'd totally buy both.

all-new characters -- some of which people have asked for, and some of which you would have never thought you'd see.
Has anyone else been puzzeling over that last part? Who is it we'd never thought we'd see?

I'm torn between it possibly meaning characters that are too obscure, characters whose tooling would be too difficult and characters we've begged for but given up hope of seeing.

Obscure characters could be any number of characters outside of the Big 7 who have not yet been made and don't seem to have much mass market appeal: Dazzler, Living Laser, Attuma, Unus The Untouchable etc...

Tooling Nightmares could cover any number of characters who's bodies don't conform to the standard humanoid block figure base: Dire Wraith's, Mojo, Shuma Gorath, Martha Johansson, etc...

Characters we've hounded DST for with no results: Toad comes to mind . . . or, oh i don't know, maybe KANG????

Spider-man related that we would never see?

What about Madame Web with her big ol' chair?

That would be cool and her name has yet to appear in this thread....

I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I am guessing the wave is based on The Deadly Foes of Spider-Man, which featured the Sinister Syndicate. The group included The Beetle, Boomerang, Hydro-Man, Rhino, Speed Demon, and Shocker. The minimate "we never thought we'd get" could refer to Speed Demon. Since a wave can only hold so many figures, I would bet that only Beetle, Boomerang, Rhino (bulked up), and Speed Demon (as the variant) make the cut, along with the required Spidey figures. A SHIELD agent is featured in the series, so my money is on classic SHIELD army builders.

Sooo... Bullet Proof Spider-Man / Speed Demon, Boomerang / Big-Rhino, Beetle / 616 SHIELD, FA Beetle or Mk III Beetle / 616 SHIELD variant?

Or Boomerang / Beetle, Rhino / SHIELD, Ult. Rhino / SHIELD?

And maybe Morbius with Miles? (an ebony and ivory kinda thing)

Sooo... Bullet Proof Spider-Man / Speed Demon, Boomerang / Big-Rhino, Beetle / 616 SHIELD, FA Beetle or Mk III Beetle / 616 SHIELD variant?

Shouldn't there be one more hero/Spidey variant in there that replaces Boomerang or Speed Demon? Seems too villain heavy, not that I'm complaining.

Shouldn't there be one more hero/Spidey variant in there that replaces Boomerang or Speed Demon? Seems too villain heavy, not that I'm complaining.

Yeah, based on Miry's list I would be inclined to guess something like: Bullet Proof Spider-Man / Boomerang , Web Trap Spider-Man (some new base that is actually cool, like Reed's stretch attack base)/ Big-Rhino, Beetle / 616 SHIELD, Speed Demon / 616 SHIELD as variant

Hey, I was just goin' off your list, good sir. The main problem with your line-up, Luke, is that allegedly Boomerang to Speed Demon is out of the "stated range" they've said they're willing to go with variants. They only thing Speed Demon and Boomerang have in common is their relative obscurity... and they were on a team together, and both subcontracted with Justine Hammer... see virtually nothing in common. Well probably not enough to be each others variants. But then they've broken their own "rules" on variants before (Just ask Dinobronie) so there's nothing stopping them from doing it again.